There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we draft another TE ?

No NOT at all.

BUT if a real gem falls into our slot in 4-6 then maybe.
As with the prevailing wisdom, why spend an early draft pick for a 3rd TE. If 1 we like is available in the later rounds then fine. Delaine Walker was a 6th round pick. If we could find another player like him in the 6th round then fine. In the 1st 4 rounds I would rather draft positions that we need a lot more like WR, CB, OL, Safety, maybe even a back up QB or an extra ILB. Too many other positions we need more.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
With ol McDonald stiff hands, I think another tE has to be brought in. Ebron looks like a younger VD. But that's won't happen

I remember thinking the same thing about Davis his first few years. But like VD, McDonald will learn to relax, trust his hands and not get ahead of himself.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I remember thinking the same thing about Davis his first few years. But like VD, McDonald will learn to relax, trust his hands and not get ahead of himself.

I hope MCDonald becomes a great weapon for Kap but he just looks like a stiff out there. Maybe it was just his rookie year so we can write him off this soon so I hope you're right.

Going back to Vernon though, I remember in his very first game against Arizona, him took a 15 yard cross down the sideline, broke about 3 tackles for a 40 yard score. You could see then VD was gonna be a beast. We all know McDonald didn't do anything close to that this past season.
I hope MCDonald becomes a great weapon for Kap but he just looks like a stiff out there. Maybe it was just his rookie year so we can write him off this soon so I hope you're right.

Going back to Vernon though, I remember in his very first game against Arizona, him took a 15 yard cross down the sideline, broke about 3 tackles for a 40 yard score. You could see then VD was gonna be a beast. We all know McDonald didn't do anything close to that this past season.

Vance didn't do much because he was targeted maybe once or twice every 3 games. He caught 8 passes all year, so whenever he did get targeted and dropped a pass it was magnified. If he gets targeted more, he will catch the ball and make plays. Vance caught 1 of his 8 passes in game 1 against Green Bay, and took a short route and turned up field for a 24 yard gain. If he gets more opportunities he will contribute b
Yes TE Celek is a free agent after next season, but it would have to be a practice squad candidate.
Trey Millard
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Vance didn't do much because he was targeted maybe once or twice every 3 games. He caught 8 passes all year, so whenever he did get targeted and dropped a pass it was magnified. If he gets targeted more, he will catch the ball and make plays. Vance caught 1 of his 8 passes in game 1 against Green Bay, and took a short route and turned up field for a 24 yard gain. If he gets more opportunities he will contribute b

He's got to make the most of his opportunities when given a chance. Kap has to be able to trust this guy next year and he can't have any big drops ala the first Carolina game. That cost us dearly!
Vance will have a stellar year.

IF - we target him more.

I remember people talking about VD alligator arms etc. and we should trade him yada, yada.

He has turned into a real weapon and is almost always double teamed.

Vance will be just fine.
He's got to make the most of his opportunities when given a chance. Kap has to be able to trust this guy next year and he can't have any big drops ala the first Carolina game. That cost us dearly!

Agree McDonald's hands are suspect and to exacerbate the problem, he is not aggressive going after ball or secure the ball once it's in his hands.
Originally posted by cools:
I think D.Carrier will fill the role as the #3, Big 6'4 240 pound former split end, very good hands, knows how to get open

this.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by cools:
I think D.Carrier will fill the role as the #3, Big 6'4 240 pound former split end, very good hands, knows how to get open

this.

true ...he showed promise when he got some playing time
Colt lyerla in the 7th. Delaniw walker 2.0
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
As with the prevailing wisdom, why spend an early draft pick for a 3rd TE. If 1 we like is available in the later rounds then fine. Delaine Walker was a 6th round pick. If we could find another player like him in the 6th round then fine. In the 1st 4 rounds I would rather draft positions that we need a lot more like WR, CB, OL, Safety, maybe even a back up QB or an extra ILB. Too many other positions we need more.

Colt lyerla in the 7th. Steal of the draft
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Colt lyerla in the 7th. Steal of the draft

Chip Kelly won't let him get to the 7th