LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Should we draft another TE ?

I say yes ...Celek is a decent TE, but I wouldn't mind if we found a big fast TE to team with Davis and McDonald ...since we like to use 3 TE sets , another potential weapon should be added to enhance our playbook and sharpen up our passing attack ....I know we are not in dire need of a 3rd TE , but I'd like to strengthen the position as well as WR

thoughts ?
Draft where....in the 1st round? In the 7th round? I'm okay with and fully expecting them to draft a TE in the later rounds, 6th..7th..etc.
Early pick: I hope not.

Last couple of rounds: no 1 curr. Take BPA.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I think D.Carrier will fill the role as the #3, Big 6'4 240 pound former split end, very good hands, knows how to get open
Yes. Austin Sefarian Jenkins in the 2nd. You get stronger at an important position in this offense and you have a capable backup in case McDonald or Davis get hurt. This happened in the Carolina game at the Stick I believe. We weren't able to run 2 TE sets for the whole 2nd half. Now that was a freak circumstance but regardless we really don't know what we have in McDonald and we don't have much of receiving threat in Celek. Sefarian Jenkins is not just a backup either. He's a chain mover and RZ target.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Draft where....in the 1st round? In the 7th round? I'm okay with and fully expecting them to draft a TE in the later rounds, 6th..7th..etc.

same here ...once we grab a CB, WR, DL Depth, QB, SS, OL Depth , I hope we look for a talented TE to add to the roster
No, no, no...we have 4 TE's now. I think you have to anticipate Big Mac will be a lot more involved in the passing game next season. No reason to bring in a rookie at that position.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No, no, no...we have 4 TE's now. I think you have to anticipate Big Mac will be a lot more involved in the passing game next season. No reason to bring in a rookie at that position.

4 TE's ? ...Don't know if Dobbs can make the roster this year, with Tank coming back Dobbs is expendable ...I'm sure we could find a TE that could be a threat in the passing game and learn the blocking schemes to contribute this year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I have no problem taking a TE in on day 3. I just find it hilarious that people think we should draft Amaro or Ebron in the first, even saying we should trade up for one of them.

Favorite potential day 3 / UDFA TEs this year in no particular order for me are Jake Murphy, Trey Burton, Anthony Denham, Asa Watson, AC Leonard, Gator Hoskins, CJ Fiedorowicz.
Originally posted by cools:
I think D.Carrier will fill the role as the #3, Big 6'4 240 pound former split end, very good hands, knows how to get open

yes, this... no reason to be drafting another TE this year..

• DeUh
  • Veteran

This + Reggie Jordan later in the draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:

This + Reggie Jordan later in the draft.

I also like Jordan, forgot his name in my list posted above.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Don't need another TE. We have 4 already plus Tukuafu/Staley on certain plays. If anything, I like Asa Watson from NC State in Round 7 but that's not even necessary.
If we drafted and filled all the areas of need in the early rounds and a good TE is there in the late rounds sure why not. I'm not exactly sure why McDonald was not involved more last season where they trying to bring him up slowly? did the coaches not have confidence in him? what ever it was i hope hes involved more next season.
With ol McDonald stiff hands, I think another tE has to be brought in. Ebron looks like a younger VD. But that's won't happen
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone