LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-EIU

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Wow I read Harbaugh really likes this guy. WTF??? I thought He was sold on Kaep being the future? Maybe they draft this guy at #30 and let Kap play his final season boom super Bowl or bust free agent???? What is going on??

So hes not allowed to like any other quarterback??? we need a backup qb and he is just checking him out... calm down.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Mar 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM ]
Well if we need a backup might as well get a very good one.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Wow I read Harbaugh really likes this guy. WTF??? I thought He was sold on Kaep being the future? Maybe they draft this guy at #30 and let Kap play his final season boom super Bowl or bust free agent???? What is going on??

He also said Alex was "elite," "his guy," and hung out with him and their wives during the off season. Can you really believe anything he says about a player?

From my understanding is that Harbaugh didn't want to trade Alex yet. This came up recently in the "feud" between Har and Bal. Harbaugh wanted to keep Alex longer.

Also what else is he going to say to the media? "Nah, I don't want him. He sucks. Can't wait to trade him soon."
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by Furlow:

He also said Alex was "elite," "his guy," and hung out with him and their wives during the off season. Can you really believe anything he says about a player?

From my understanding is that Harbaugh didn't want to trade Alex yet. This came up recently in the "feud" between Har and Bal. Harbaugh wanted to keep Alex longer.

Also what else is he going to say to the media? "Nah, I don't want him. He sucks. Can't wait to trade him soon."

Oh I agree, he has to say the "right thing" but he goes too far with his comments. Alex is elite, Kaep is our guy, etc. It's not necessary and that false sense of security is disingenuous.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
watch how high Mettenberger is selected.. and think of me.

The only thing not to like about Mettenberger is his lack of mobility...other than that, he's an awesome prospect. I tell what I'd do if I were the Browns...I'd draft Sammy Watkins 4th overall, use the 26th pick on Zack Martin to shore up the OL, then use #35 to select Mettenberger. Watkins, Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron....that would be an offense to watch!
I like him a lot. I saw him in person vs. San Diego State at Qualcomm stadium. I came away with the same impression as the reports of his pro day. Very accurate short to medium and good pocket presense. A pretty strong arm. Maybe a little underrated on arm. IMO he can be a really good NFL backup at least with future potential to grow into a starting role.

As Ghost says I also like Mettenberger too. Big league arm and height, size and strength. Indeed he is slow but the arm can't be ignored. One of the best in the draft.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

So hes not allowed to like any other quarterback??? we need a backup qb and he is just checking him out... calm down.

Walsh always believe in looking and taking a QB as you can never have enough of them in case of injuries, illness, hardball, etc etc., and you might get lucky Just like when they had Montana , but yet and got Young.
When it comes to QB's, I trust Harbaugh's judgement completely.

All I meant to say was in all likelihood, Garrapolo is a late 1st early 2nd round prospect and the 49ers have CB/WR/DT DE needs and would not be looking at a QB that early so to me it does raise eyebrows a little bit.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
watch how high Mettenberger is selected.. and think of me.

The only thing not to like about Mettenberger is his lack of mobility...other than that, he's an awesome prospect. I tell what I'd do if I were the Browns...I'd draft Sammy Watkins 4th overall, use the 26th pick on Zack Martin to shore up the OL, then use #35 to select Mettenberger. Watkins, Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron....that would be an offense to watch!

Think if they were to sign someome like Ben Tate in FA as well.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
The bolded is the only cogent thought in the entire post.

lol Ghost with the obscure word usage. I agree by the way.

I am looking for the obscure word and can not find it.

Hmmm. Guess that is why you called it obscure.
Showing his hots for a qb he covets in the draft is totally out of Harbaugh's character. Remember Papa Harbaugh asked him if he would draft Kaep...? And the dude didn't want to tell his own father for fear of telling his wife and thus a possible leak by his own mother.

I'm thinking Harbaugh has another qb in mind. By talking to Garoppolo he's possibly helping upped the young man's draft value from a small school. Why not. It's a win/win for both if Harbaugh has someone else in mind.
This dude is really handsome
this.

anything but not Johnny Football, imho.

All I meant to say was in all likelihood, Garrapolo is a late 1st early 2nd round prospect and the 49ers have CB/WR/DT DE needs and would not be looking at a QB that early so to me it does raise eyebrows a little bit.

not really a good argument for SF passing up on drafting an early QB... we have the firepower to address the other needs too. (and DL is really not a necessary focal point this offseason.. I'd change that to S)

Again... everyone shouts that QB is the most important position... but then wants to skimp on the #2 QB position? why?
Share 49ersWebzone