LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-EIU

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Lol, trading for Brady is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. Let's trade for a 39 year old QB while we're rebuilding. By the time we're any good again, he'll be retired, but let's try to win a few more games over the next two years and hurt our draft position, making it more difficult to get a long term franchise QB.

Not to mention there is 0 chance that Brady agrees to come here even though he grew up a 49ers fan. He's going to retire a Patriot.

Lol. There's no rebuild with Brady. You're just instant SB contender. They wouldn't give him up in a million years so who cares.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Lol, trading for Brady is probably the worst idea I've ever heard. Let's trade for a 39 year old QB while we're rebuilding. By the time we're any good again, he'll be retired, but let's try to win a few more games over the next two years and hurt our draft position, making it more difficult to get a long term franchise QB.

Not to mention there is 0 chance that Brady agrees to come here even though he grew up a 49ers fan. He's going to retire a Patriot.

Lol. There's no rebuild with Brady. You're just instant SB contender. They wouldn't give him up in a million years so who cares.

The Patriots have arguably the best coach in addition to Tom Brady and they wouldn't be super bowl contenders with our roster. When you have an awful defense and very little talent on offense, it doesn't really matter who your QB was.

The Patriots have arguably the best coach in addition to Tom Brady and they wouldn't be super bowl contenders with our roster. When you have an awful defense and very little talent on offense, it doesn't really matter who your QB was.

The second time they lost to the giants in the super bowl, they had one of the worst defensss on the league.
They were 31st in yRds allowed and 32 in first downs given up. So it's possible he makes us contenders lol

Yup. Sometimes the offense can pull it off but it won't be consistent. Look at the saints. One of the greatest QBs ever and they can barely get a winning record because their defense is always trash. Then Andrew Luck has been playing good and still can't do enough to overcome the teams s**tty line and defense.
Originally posted by tankle104:

The second time they lost to the giants in the super bowl, they had one of the worst defensss on the league.
They were 31st in yRds allowed and 32 in first downs given up. So it's possible he makes us contenders lol

Our defense wasn't just last in the league in yards allowed - it was also in the bottom half of the league in turnovers forced and sacks. The Patriots 2011 defense had 23 interceptions (2nd in the league) and 11 recovered fumbles (7th in the league) with 40 sacks. Our 2016 defense forced 20 turnovers, which was 19th in the league and only had 33 sacks. We also lost 15 fumbles on offense which was worst in the league (and only 2 of those came from the QB position).

There's no way Tom Brady turns the 2nd worst offense in the league in 2016 into the 2011 Patriots offense which had Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez (before he went to prison), and a prime Wes Welker and even then, the team wouldn't be as good because our defense is worse than the 2011 Patriots defense.

We just aren't a talented football team right now. I don't think it would matter who played QB for us in 2016 - this team wasn't going to be any good. Tom Brady is arguably the best QB ever, but this team may not have made the playoffs with him.
J.Garoppolo = M.Cassel 2.0

Obviously Belichick and the Patriot's organization are not sold on what they saw from him for them to be willing to trade Jimmy. Especially with Brady nearing the ending of his career, you would think they'll keep Jimmy around to take over the team if he was that good. I wouldn't trade a bag of chips for him, we don't want to make the same mistake Houston did this past season in picking up an unproven QB that set them back for a couple of years. I would rather draft a young QB like Mahomes and sign a cheap stop gap veteran like Hoyer to sail the ship for this year, and let Mahomes sit for a year or two to learn. After all, we're rebuilding so there's no rush to sign an expensive QB because we all know if we trade for Jimmy, he'll want franchise QB money like Osweiler did, not only that we'll lose out on our high draft picks that we need to rebuild our team.

Garoppolo might've been okay when he stepped in for Brady, but M.Cassel did the same thing when he had to replace Brady, and we all know how he did after that when he got traded to the Chiefs. I would stay far far away from this guy and plus, we're not just a QB away from getting back to our glory days.
Browns want him then they will get him. I'm so happy we were able to beat the Rams....
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Obviously Belichick and the Patriot's organization are not sold on what they saw from him for them to be willing to trade Jimmy. Especially with Brady nearing the ending of his career, you would think they'll keep Jimmy around to take over the team if he was that good. I wouldn't trade a bag of chips for him, we don't want to make the same mistake Houston did this past season in picking up an unproven QB that set them back for a couple of years. I would rather draft a young QB like Mahomes and sign a cheap stop gap veteran like Hoyer to sail the ship for this year, and let Mahomes sit for a year or two to learn. After all, we're rebuilding so there's no rush to sign an expensive QB because we all know if we trade for Jimmy, he'll want franchise QB money like Osweiler did, not only that we'll lose out on our high draft picks that we need to rebuild our team.

Garoppolo might've been okay when he stepped in for Brady, but M.Cassel did the same thing when he had to replace Brady, and we all know how he did after that when he got traded to the Chiefs. I would stay far far away from this guy and plus, we're not just a QB away from getting back to our glory days.

Outside of coming from the same system Garappolo and Cassel are different QB's physically.

yup cause a college backup and 7th rd pick is the same as a 4 yr college starter and 2nd round pick
Originally posted by NYniner85:
yup cause a college backup and 7th rd pick is the same as a 4 yr college starter and 2nd round pick

They are both white, they play QB and they wore the same uniform, I mean they are 100% the same guy, what more do you want dumbass?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
shouldn't this be in the NFL thread?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
shouldn't this be in the NFL thread?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

They are both white, they play QB and they wore the same uniform, I mean they are 100% the same guy, what more do you want dumbass?

Oh my bad...are they both sneaky athletic
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Should have drafted Jake Rudock he played at Michigan and went late in the draft. He's Tom Brady.

Other than playing for the pats, how are they the same?

Garoppolo drafted in the 2nd round

Cassell drafted in the 7th round
Share 49ersWebzone