LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-EIU

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m RT @Eric_Edholm: Jimmy Garoppolo on how Harbaugh mini-workout developed: "He saw me, introduced himself and said, 'Wanna throw a little?'"
Mentioned it in the Kaep thread, but #8, Erik Lora, is heck of a WR. Kid stood out in the video to me. Looked up his stats and the last to years had crazy stats.
2012: 136, 1664, and 12 TDs
2013: 123, 1544, and 19 TDs. And threw a TD each year. One is in the Garoppolo video.
We need to use a 7th or make him a priority UDFA. Kid looks like heck of a slot WR.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m RT @Eric_Edholm: Jimmy Garoppolo on how Harbaugh mini-workout developed: "He saw me, introduced himself and said, 'Wanna throw a little?'"
Sounds like the what happened at Kaeps pro-day.
Originally posted by valrod33:

How awesome must that be to have Jim Harbaugh walk up to you and be like "what's up, wanna play catch?" Kaepernick's like "wait a minute, that's the same line he used on me."
Eric Edholm @Eric_Edholm 10m So they did, and Garoppolo and Harbaugh ducked on to an off-limits-to-others part of the field and threw and talked for 45 minutes.

Eric Edholm @Eric_Edholm 1m One last Harbaugh nugget on Garoppolo: He watched several of his games over 4 years. Also: "I enjoyed following him through [this] year."
[ Edited by Timdiz on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
Any chance a team trades up for the 49ers first round pick for him?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
David Kaplan ‏@thekapman

Eastern Ill. QB @JimmyG_10 on @gamechicago "It was really cool warming up with Jim Harbaugh. He can still throw the ball!"

.@JimmyG_10 "Coach Harbaugh and I didn't talk about the draft at all. We talked football and the QB position."
Originally posted by five1oh:
Any chance a team trades up for the 49ers first round pick for him?

Nope, 49ers are drafting him, Kaepernick's gone, gonna get traded to the Dolphins.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM ]
Paraphrasing a classic line from Yogi Berra "seems like deja vu all over again". This story sounds identical to when Kaep and Jim hung out at Kaeps pro-day. Seems like Jim might have a little QB crush.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM ]

I think harbaugh and niners would be more subtle if they were really keen on the guy
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think we take Jimmy Garoppolo if he falls to the 4th round.

And that folks is not going to happen.
Originally posted by buck:
I think we take Jimmy Garoppolo if he falls to the 4th round.

And that folks is not going to happen.

Don't be shocked if the 49ers take a QB before the 4th round, I certainly wouldn't, ESPECIALLY if Kaepernick hasn't been extended yet by the draft, that would be a major shot across the bow.
Janine Garrafollo?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

Jim Harbaugh told me on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Quick release, yes, but sometimes too quick. You want to see him go through whole motion." #49ers

Don't see him looking off receivers or making any progressions in the highlight clip...
Share 49ersWebzone