There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What round do you see us taking a QB?

Originally posted by buck:
One thing I know for sure is that I do not want to see the musical chairs at back-up quarterback that we saw last year.

I am not sure that we will draft a quarterback. I think we sign a vet in free agency.

This here...
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
6th round David Fales SJSU. I kinda like this guy.

Grab him in the 4th.
Originally posted by pd24:
There is noboby else like Logan Thomas at the QB position in this draft. I would take him in the 4th with our comp pick if he is still there. He is big, fast, and has a big arm. Have him sit back work on his footwork and learn from Harbaugh and we can have anothe Kap in 2 years.

People were saying Thomas would be an elite QB since he was a rookie. Either Virginia Tech has a terrible QB coach or Thomas may not have the mental makeup to play QB. There's definitely no guarantee he turns out anything like Kaep or he wouldn't be around in the 4th round. QB more so than most positions cannot be judged based on physical attributes - just look at Brady, Manning, and Brees.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
There is noboby else like Logan Thomas at the QB position in this draft. I would take him in the 4th with our comp pick if he is still there. He is big, fast, and has a big arm. Have him sit back work on his footwork and learn from Harbaugh and we can have anothe Kap in 2 years.

People were saying Thomas would be an elite QB since he was a rookie. Either Virginia Tech has a terrible QB coach or Thomas may not have the mental makeup to play QB. There's definitely no guarantee he turns out anything like Kaep or he wouldn't be around in the 4th round. QB more so than most positions cannot be judged based on physical attributes - just look at Brady, Manning, and Brees.

He need work, a lot of work. I feel Harbaugh can help him fix some of his flaws. He is worth a look, if the coaching staff sees fixable flaws in his game and makeup.

This. I see Thomas right now with better potential as TE than QB in the NFL. You can't just teach someone how to be a QB.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I see Thomas right now with better potential as TE than QB in the NFL. You can't just teach someone how to be a QB.
It wouldn't be starting all over. He has a foundaton built from being a 3 year starter at VT, Can run, and has the best arm in this draft class. He would need to fix and adjust a few things in his game, but wouldn't need to start over. He had a bad o line and running game last year and has played in 2 systems in college.
It wouldn't be starting all over. He has a foundaton built from being a 3 year starter at VT, Can run, and has the best arm in this draft class. He would need to fix and adjust a few things in his game, but wouldn't need to start over. He had a bad o line and running game last year and has played in 2 systems in college.

A few things? Tebow needs to fix "a few things" too. Thomas needs a full overhaul. Bad footwork, tendency to hold on to the football too long, bad pocket awareness....etc. Then you've got a bunch of stuff upstairs that you simply can't "teach" someone to do. I don't see him as worth anything more than a 5th or 6th rounder and that is with the intent that he eventually realizes that he does suck as a QB and makes the switch to TE and becomes a stud at that position.
I'm hoping for Connor Shaw in the 6th or 7th.
Its not likely, but if the right prospect fell to our laps in the second, i could see us pulling the trigger. QB is a huge need, even if we resign Kap
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its not likely, but if the right prospect fell to our laps in the second, i could see us pulling the trigger. QB is a huge need, even if we resign Kap

Its idahoooo! Dude I thought you died or became a Luddite or something.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Its idahoooo! Dude I thought you died or became a Luddite or something.

Nah man, im good. Took a new job. I explained the situation a bit more in the garoppolo thread. Makes me warm and fuzzy knowing some of you were thinking of me. FYI, Saunders fan faster than you predicted. LOL. Ill try to be around more. Miss shooting the s**t with you fools.
If we don't sign a QB in FA, we should draft one no later than the end of the 3rd round. As it stands now, if Kap gets injured we are 100% SCREWED. We need an insurance policy, big time. This is a huge priority.

Then, either our insurance policy learns for a couple years and continues to be groomed for a starting role, and when Kap asks for way too much money and leaves our policy steps in and dominates, or Kap re-signs a long-term deal and we trade our policy away for a high draft pick the year before his contract is up, and we draft a new, cheap policy. Repeat.
4th or 5th rd
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
4-7.

7th would be someone who is injured and falls through the cracks.

this, it's conceivable they spend a 3rd for the right guy if a potential 2nd rounder slips & they get the needs filled with the other picks in rounds 1-3
Nah man, im good. Took a new job. I explained the situation a bit more in the garoppolo thread. Makes me warm and fuzzy knowing some of you were thinking of me. FYI, Saunders fan faster than you predicted. LOL. Ill try to be around more. Miss shooting the s**t with you fools.

You know, you can just leave again, you are now dead to me.