LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

What round do you see us taking a QB?

we need insurance at QB , I'm hoping we grab a QB in the 5th round or maybe even the 4th , we need a QB with great accuracy that can be groomed for our system and possibly play if needed , it would be nice to have that luxury in case of an injury to #7

or would you rather stick with McCoy and draft a QB late in the 6th or 7th? , or even bring in an undrafted free agent QB and another veteran QB for camp competition ?

thoughts?
Depending on how negotiations go with Kaepernick's people, I could see them drafting a QB in the 5th round or as early as the 2nd round.
4th. We need a second stringer.
late 3rd
4-7.

7th would be someone who is injured and falls through the cracks.
I think we have 2 3rd round, so probably on of them
6th round David Fales SJSU. I kinda like this guy.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
6th round David Fales SJSU. I kinda like this guy.

I like Fales too. I don't think he'll last until the 6th though. I say we take him in the late 4th or early 5th.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
One thing is for sure, if we don't take one in this draft, it's gonna be hard the next 2 years... the QB class for the next couple years looks dry as hell.
Our QB whisperer is having a private workout with Jimmy Garappolo today (potential 1-2 rounder)

Peggy Kusinski ‏@peggykusinski 18m

#EIU QB Jimmy Garappolo has a private workout with #49ers HC Jim Harbaugh at NU Pro Day Projected 2nd rd pick pic.twitter.com/JZxx0x953v

[ Edited by ltrain on Mar 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM ]

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs #49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Northwestern pro day where Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo expected to perform.
what I want? 2nd rd prospect...

what I expect? 4th or 5th rd prospect...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs #49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Northwestern pro day where Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo expected to perform.

Maybe even a couple QB's ..one in the 3rd or 4th , and another in the 6th or 7th ?

I don't ever want to be left hanging again if our #1 QB goes down , I remember when Steve young went down we were so desperate we even reached out to Jeff Hostetler to come out of retirement , luckily Garcia panned out , watching Steve Stenstrom and Rick Mirer was difficult ....we need some talent at backup QB
Between the 3rd at the earliest and the 5th round at the latest. We need a solid second stringer.
Share 49ersWebzone