LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Which WR would you select between these two?

Which WR would you select between these two?

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by valrod33:
How about a guy who is tall and fast?

Also i dont get the Evans=Moss comparison

I want Moncrief & Martavias Bryant
I want Moncrief and Matthews.
He dosnt look as fast as cooks,but he does seem to have long strides like Kap,very deceptive speed ...I. Would take him over cooks because of the difference in size he is better suited for Seattle Dbs and good in red zone where we need help anyways
Mike Evans practically ran a 4.4 that's not crazy fast but still "Fast"
Originally posted by tohara3:
I want Moncrief & Martavias Bryant

This, huge if but if they live up to their potential we would have 2 #1's. but I just don't trust our staff developing wrs who are raw
  • hps49
  • Veteran
We need to get Jordan Mathews... One of the best SEC wide recievers in SEC history
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Jordan Matthews didn't enter the season as the SECstop receiver, but he made believers out of everyone with his explosive and consistent play. He exits as the SECs career receiving record holder, and he caught 112 passes for 1,477 yards and seven TDs. When Vanderbilt needed a big play or catch, he delivered. Matthews is a great route runner and is smooth getting in and out of his breaks. He should have a great NFL career..he former power forward turned All-American receiver had a huge season for the Aggies.

Mike Evans caught 69 passes for 1,394 yards and 12 TDs, including averaging a crazy 20.2 yards per reception only Auburn Sammie Coates averaged more. Let remember, Evans was the only receiver in the country to have 275 receiving yards in two different games against Alabama and Auburn. Evans 6-5 frame fits well in the NFL, and he should have a huge career.
[ Edited by hps49 on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
Brandon Cooks allday everyday
Hands down Montcrief.

BUT if it has to be between those 2 - I'd go Evans. I think he'd be more durable over the long haul. I also think he'd be a better blocker, Red Zone threat and a go-to guy when Kap was on the run like Boldin is.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Hands down Montcrief.

BUT if it has to be between those 2 - I'd go Evans. I think he'd be more durable over the long haul. I also think he'd be a better blocker, Red Zone threat and a go-to guy when Kap was on the run like Boldin is.

This.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Who are the guys with the longest arms and good speed?

Here you go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseLAGMydisldHE0Rl9kOGxPXzhPckREX3NQd0dQTGc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

• DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM ]
My order for names I've seen on here

1. Moncrief (spelling?)
2. Jordan Matthews
3. Evans
4. Cooks

We won't be in a position to take cooks or Evans, and if we are I hope it's because we are targeting Gilbert/Fuller

I think the top WR of this draft are going to be Watkins, Moncreif, and Matthews. (Any team with half a brain would use Evans as a TE)
Double post
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by MarkD:
Because it's such a copy cat league everyone is going to try and get big physical corners like Seattle. So we need one of each. A speed guy who can get open quick and a big physical type . Crabtree is good but he isn't a good route runner and had poor body control. IMO

Crabtree's entire game is route running and body control. He might have the best body control in the NFL since Jerry Rice.

Did you mean to say Evans?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Because it's such a copy cat league everyone is going to try and get big physical corners like Seattle. So we need one of each. A speed guy who can get open quick and a big physical type . Crabtree is good but he isn't a good route runner and had poor body control. IMO

Crabtree's entire game is route running and body control. He might have the best body control in the NFL since Jerry Rice.

Did you mean to say Evans?

Lol.
Michael Crabtree was drafted as highly as he was because of his route running and body control.
Evans is pretty agile for a guy his size, I think he would make a move to TE if he was on our team and we would run a double TE set.
That would be crazy, VD and Evans lined up as TE on go routes?
Seattle would not like that
Share 49ersWebzone