LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Which WR would you select between these two?

Which WR would you select between these two?

Brandin Cooks = DeSean Jackson

Mike Evans = Vincent Jackson

vs.

[ Edited by TlSSER on Mar 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM ]
Randy Moss ran a 4.25 40 yard dash
And really Randy Moss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DeSean Jackson
How about a guy who is tall and fast?

Also i dont get the Evans=Moss comparison
Mike Evans does not equal Randy Moss. Bad comparison. Moss was the fastest player on the field and beat people deep. Evans wont be that kind of player.
Yea bro Evans is more of a Vincent Jackson imo
Evans all day long!!! Cooks is over hyped IMO, and I want to like him, but he's not elusive like his timed speed would indicate.
Cooks. We need speed. We need a better Return man. We have 2 big strong possession WRs already.
Mike Evans by far - I think the gap between Watkins and Evans is pretty close and wouldn't be that surprised if he's taken first given he's much bigger but still a good athlete. I would probably take Cooks over Benjamin right now, but I'll have to see how Benjamin does at his pro day.

In my mind, there are 3 tiers of WR's which are pretty close to each other, but I know other people have different ideas (some may put Watkins as 1 and Evans as 1a or swap Benjamin and Moncrief):

1. Top 10 picks:
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans

2. Mid first-early 2nd:
Marquise Lee
Odell Beckham Jr
Brandin Cooks
Jordan Matthews
Kelvin Benjamin

3. Mid 2nd-early 3rd:
Donte Moncrief
Davante Adams
Allen Robinson
Martavis Bryant
Jarvis Landry

I think the 49ers may look at some of the tier 2 receivers if they are there at 30 and may trade up a little bit if they really like a player like Beckham or Cooks. The way these players are grouped, I think the difference between any 2 players in the group is smaller than the difference between the worst player in one tier and the best in the next tier (I'm not a big Marquise Lee fan).
Tough call but I'd go with Cooks. I think he's the best WR in the draft. He's a rich man's Tavon Austin.

Speed only doesn't mean much if DBs like in Seattle are going to be holding you and manhandling you at the line of scrimmage and beyond. You need a combination of size, speed, and physicality and coaching.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Tough call but I'd go with Cooks. I think he's the best WR in the draft. He's a rich man's Tavon Austin.

I was thiniking very rich man's Kyle Williams
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
cooks is quick quick quick, but he lacks wiggle--that concerns me.
Originally posted by valrod33:
How about a guy who is tall and fast?

Also i dont get the Evans=Moss comparison

I want Moncrief & Martavias Bryant
I like Cooks a lot, but it's not close. If Evans falls out of the top10, I think we're going after him. Evans matches up nicely with Seattle's physical style.
Share 49ersWebzone