LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

My 1St Draft

According to Rang, Cooks is 31 on his big board, but Fuller and Moncrief will both be 2nd round picks--likely earlier than the niners. I'm not a fan of any pundit but it does seem your draft is aggressively optimistic. Hey, but that's not all bad! Can't fault your picks!
Excellent. Don't worry about where you have your picks...every draft there are a lot of players who slip for various reasons. I don't see anything that much out of whack, very nice job.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Excellent. Don't worry about where you have your picks...every draft there are a lot of players who slip for various reasons. I don't see anything that much out of whack, very nice job.

That's sort of the point of doing a mock, isn't it? Accounting for other teams seeing these REALLY good players and wanting them just like you do, but finding a way to get as many of them as possible.

And sure, some people slip, but ALL of those really good players just happening to slip right to us? It's like saying, "hey don't worry about the value of your cards when playing poker...you'll likely end up with pocket aces anyway." No, you really do have to worry about the value of your cards and no you can't assume things are going to just fall right into your lap as they do in this draft.

Point being, the reason this draft is so effen good is that it's unrealistic. If you're not factoring in certain constraints (such as, "hey, other teams aren't totally daft and can spot top players just like us") and making counter-moves to acquire all of this great talent (trades up/down) than your mock is pretty useless.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
dream on...

cooks - gone
fuller - gone
moncrief - gone
bucannon - gone

Im afraid of this too..

I would be happy if this did happen tho.
Ok I will do a updated draft with trades soon.
I like the mock, but I would swap QB Connor Shaw for Pitt QB Tom Savage. Just my own personal preference. I feel like Savage has more upside and an NFL caliber arm.
Fine draft.

I do think it is VERY wishful thinking.
Share 49ersWebzone