LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

AB's Final Mock Offseason before Free Agency Starts

Great thread AB! So much info my head is spinning. LOL!
Cooks, Fuller, and Ward would be fantastic picks for us.. Must say, I don't have Ward falling that far, but still... great if it does happen like this.

I enjoyed most of your pre-mock decisions... Not sold on re-signing Whitner for 3 more years. Not sold enough on Kaep yet.. but I get it.

Great post. I just wonder if you anticipate any FA pickups? I do love the fact you resigned the 3 key FA's
Works for me...two good receivers, two good CB's, good SS, OL depth, ILB, etc. Don't know much about Matthews...but he's not a mobile QB. How about James Franklin from MO...he led them to the SEC Championship game and beat OK St in the Cotton Bowl.
You nailed it on Boldin minus one year. I was expecting 6 mill per year but was not confident that we could get him for what's fairly cheap for a WR who routinley commands a double coverage.
Ab, you should apply for a job with the 9'ers! I had a friend who constantly sent e-mails to the Sharks with various suggestions and they actually set up a lunch with him and one of their execs because he seemed so knowledgeable. Actually met with him 1 or 2 more times, but never offered him a job. Did use 1 or 2 of his suggestions though. At least according to him.
Seriously, nice job.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Because Boldin is old and has 2-3 years left, Crabs has one year left on his deal and we all saw what happened when Crabs was hurt last year so that takes care of the WR spot.

As for safety, behind Reid and Whitner (if he is in fact resigned) we have zero depth aside from good ST players who are either bad or unproven on D. Whitner up until last year was a liability in coverage, no guarantee he will keep up his 2013 performance. Getting a good young player and using Hitner as a bridge to him is the smart move long term.

Crabs does have only 1 year left you do have a good point there I was not thinking about that. I think they should draft 1 or 2 WR other then that, I can say the same thing about the O line and Dline no depth. If Staley go down what are they going to do. Iupati is a feee agent after next year? He has them resigning Whitner who played great last year. He would be the starting for 2 or 3 more year. So Ward will play ST and sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years and then be a free agent year 5. I do not think Whitner will be resigned so drafting A safety should be a big need.
5th round OT Billy Turner.

How much of an upgrade is he over Snyder who can play tackle or Bykowski that we drafted last year and spent the year on the practice squad?
So weird, my 2014 and 2016 numbers for Boldin almost match up.
I like WR cooks.... I just don't see the Niners drafting another small WR.

Getting burned by the AJ pick has to be in the back of their head

Don't need Hitner for 3 more years , we should franchise tag him and draft his replacement to be his understudy in the upcoming draft , then let him go next year. Don't need Boldin 3 more years , too old to get 3. Cooks and Fuller will be gone by the time we get to them. No way we should give Kaep that much, offer him Tom Brady's team friendly deal. It'll be a good test to see if Kaep is really about winning . Wedon't need to draft 2 WR's, just one good one. We should draft at least 1 defensive lineman early .
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Don't need Hitner for 3 more years , we should franchise tag him and draft his replacement to be his understudy in the upcoming draft , then let him go next year. Don't need Boldin 3 more years , too old to get 3. Cooks and Fuller will be gone by the time we get to them. No way we should give Kaep that much, offer him Tom Brady's team friendly deal. It'll be a good test to see if Kaep is really about winning . Wedon't need to draft 2 WR's, just one good one. We should draft at least 1 defensive lineman early .

Boldin already has been signed for 2 years
Cooks at 30 isnt far fetched
Fuller isn't a lock for the 1st, mid 2nd isn't out of the ordinary
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by T-9ers:

Agree especially given the fact that this draft is so deep at both WR & CB positions.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

I could be wrong, but I think those last 2 are pretty unrealistic. I think Cooks is gonna end up being a top 18 pick, and I think Fuller's gone before 30.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Rd 1

Pick 30 - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
Ovr ok but if he really subpar at run-blocking then I want another guy instead.

Rd 2

Pick 24 - CB Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
Ok.

Pick 29 - SS Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
Ok.

Rd 3

Pick 13 - CB Keith McGill, Utah
Is he a tweener? If not, would rather go for a tweener instead, in the later rounds perhaps?

Pick 30 - WR Jared Abbrederias, Wisconsin
I do like what I see as everyone knows but his four reps on th bench shocked me. Now I am anxious about his run-blocking and press coverage escpaing ability, you aren't?

Rd 4

Pick 29 - ILB Andrew Jackson, Western Kentucky
According to nfl.com he seems to be a perfect fit to a 3-4 ilb. according to cbs, he is a 7th-round project, hm.
I dont hesitate to go after a LB on day 3 but I would like us to draft a good QB prospect early instead, like Murray if available here.

Rd 5

Pick 30 - OT Billy Turner, North Dakota State
Would be nice. could be gone earlier (?)

Rd 6 Pick 29 - QB Jeff Matthews, Cornell
Wanted to hate on this pick. But now I've read a scouting report about him on nfl.com and I like his strengths very much:

"Experienced, four-year starter. Very good arm strength. Good decision maker -- works through progressions. Fine accuracy and placement -- places the ball well. Highly intelligent, extremely determined, vocal team leader with an intricate command of the offense. Is given a lot of pre-snap responsibility to read defenses and audible into the right play. Three-time team captain (first in Cornell history). Outstanding football intelligence. Fiery on-field temperament. Challenges his teammates. Good eyes, anticipation and awarenesss. Coach on the field. Is very tough and battles through injuries. Outstanding production -- re-wrote the school's record books."

my comment: brutal

Rd 7

Pick 27 - FB J.C. Copeland, LSU

Pick 28 - OG Spencer Long, Nebraska

Pick 30 - DT Bruce Gaston, Purdue
Ok.

my ovr grade: A-
no FS-backup, questionable run-blocking ability by both WR-prospects but these issues aren't biggies.
Share 49ersWebzone