LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

AB's Final Mock Offseason before Free Agency Starts

AB:
Is Seymour in the list of futures or is he listed in some other way? Do you not think we will get another draft pick in the third round? If we did get one who would you add? Is Aaron Donald another version of Ian Williams or Dorsey? Why is Daryl Morris on the dead money list?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
AB:
Is Seymour in the list of futures or is he listed in some other way? Do you not think we will get another draft pick in the third round? If we did get one who would you add? Is Aaron Donald another version of Ian Williams or Dorsey? Why is Daryl Morris on the dead money list?

Seymour was signed last year off Seattle's P-Squad to a 3yr deal.

Morris is on dead money from his bonus as a UDFA.

I was staying on the side of no comp picks, since it's so hard to project them. Probably a 4th(Maybe a 3rd if lucky).

I like Donald a lot. Hageman too. If we don't go WR or CB in rd 1, I wouldn't mind Tuitt, Donald, or Hageman. But DL isn't a primary need.
Originally posted by Since07:
Come on not you AB were not going to draft 5 Wrs or DBS with our first picks in a row

Do you not understand the basics behind the team's needs?
Great job AB.
Any OLB/DE pass rushers you like that could be picked in the later rounds, such as Aaron Lynch, Larry Webster, Jackson Jeffcoat, etc.?
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Great job AB.
Any OLB/DE pass rushers you like that could be picked in the later rounds, such as Aaron Lynch, Larry Webster, Jackson Jeffcoat, etc.?

I think Ronald Powell might be worth a shot in the later rounds.
i don't agree with mocks ordinarily but this mock you thought up, man, this is an excellent mock draft
i agree with every pick up to j. matthews. idt we will pick a qb, i think we'll pick up a f.a.and we'll probably only wind up making
8 or 9 selections. i like the 1st 7 in that order with s. long and another corner added in
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by Since07:
Come on not you AB were not going to draft 5 Wrs or DBS with our first picks in a row

Do you not understand the basics behind the team's needs?

I know but you don't go all need in the first 4 rounds. He asked me what I thought and I told him what I actually thought, not trying to hate on AB jus give some criticism
[ Edited by Since07 on Mar 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
AB:

I was staying on the side of no comp picks, since it's so hard to project them. Probably a 4th(Maybe a 3rd if lucky).

I like Donald a lot. Hageman too. If we don't go WR or CB in rd 1, I wouldn't mind Tuitt, Donald, or Hageman. But DL isn't a primary need.

Serious question AB, do you know everything 49er related? Are you either a) a computer like device that can spit out info Niner related like it's nothing or are you b) Paraagh (however you spell his damn name) IMO zero chance you are a fan guy that has a website and posts on the WZ, you're employed by the Niners or you are a machine one or the other and I'd like to know which one please.
Originally posted by dlance:
I like the idea and all the hard work but I don't get it. If they go and sign Boldin and Whitner to basically 2 year deals Why draft a saftey and a wr with 2 of the first 3 picks. I like both player, I know there worth the pick I'm not saying there bad pick I just don't get why sign two guys then draft there replacements? I like the draft.

Because Boldin is old and has 2-3 years left, Crabs has one year left on his deal and we all saw what happened when Crabs was hurt last year so that takes care of the WR spot.

As for safety, behind Reid and Whitner (if he is in fact resigned) we have zero depth aside from good ST players who are either bad or unproven on D. Whitner up until last year was a liability in coverage, no guarantee he will keep up his 2013 performance. Getting a good young player and using Hitner as a bridge to him is the smart move long term.
AB, all is good, except for one glaring area. You have the Niners using a 3rd round pick on a WR, when you will have
1. Crabtree
2. Boldin
3. Cooks
4. Boldin

For QB, the niners have
1. CK7
2. Bethel Thomphson

I would rather draft a four year back up qb in the top 100 picks. AJ McCarron, Fales will be around that pick.

Good data, nice draft, and very plausible ...it would be good for our team if this went down.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
AB:

Serious question AB, do you know everything 49er related? Are you either a) a computer like device that can spit out info Niner related like it's nothing or are you b) Paraagh (however you spell his damn name) IMO zero chance you are a fan guy that has a website and posts on the WZ, you're employed by the Niners or you are a machine one or the other and I'd like to know which one please.

lol. I wish I worked for the 49ers. But then who would give you all these numbers? And no not a computer, sometimes feel it though, lol. All that cap knowledge is there, 24/7. I always think what if so so resigns, or extension, etc.... My brain goes 360, maybe cause i have OCD(which is true, I have it, sucks, but oh well).
  • Riot
  • Veteran
That's awesome, with Andrew Jackson we'll have The President to go with the The General. Approved.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Great job AB.

All possibilities. Also Powell as a late round pick. I felt ILB was a more pressing need, as Lemonier and Skuta are good backups.

In this mock I figure Aldon will get a long term deal soon, either this season or in 2015, which lowers his salary down a lot, allowing us to retain Dorsey, Skuta and Crabs. We will have to sacrifice Iupati, but in the long run we would have a bunch of young, key vets signed long term. After 2015 we retain Boone and Vernon. I originally thought Vernon and Willis might sign extensions, and still may, but it's not a pressing need to do so. Unless they agree to cut their future base salaries in 2014 and 2015 down, then we have room for carryover.
Originally posted by 9erred:
AB, all is good, except for one glaring area. You have the Niners using a 3rd round pick on a WR, when you will have
1. Crabtree
2. Boldin
3. Cooks
4. Boldin

For QB, the niners have
1. CK7
2. Bethel Thomphson

I would rather draft a four year back up qb in the top 100 picks. AJ McCarron, Fales will be around that pick.

Fales and McCarron would also make sense as a 3rd QB if we can snag Henne up in FA as one of our only outside FA signings.
Share 49ersWebzone