LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Stone Colds First Mock of the season

This Mock relects how i think we will draft after resigning BOLDIN, DAWSON, COX, and WILHOITE.
i would love to keep Whiner but i have a feeling he is going to demand a bit too much $ and we will let him walk.
i am not going to try to guess our free agent pick ups but know that it will impact how we draft a litte bit

HERE WE GO

Rd1 49ers trade #30, #94, and #190 to MIAMI who are in trouble and could use extra picks. For MIAMIs #1 49ers take CB JUSTIN GILBERT
we address a need right out of the gate with a solid playmaker on D and STs

Rd2 WR DONTE MONCRIEF great size WR with good speed and good hands. really helped himself at the combine.

Rd2 S CRAIG LOSTON I love the thought of Reids Partner in crime at LSU in our Back field with Reid. These 2 together for years to come really would be a great thing

Rd3 C TRAVIS SWANSON A solid pick here with potential starter written all over him. give kilgore a battle at camp and an understudy for a year.

RD 3PICK TRADED TO MIAMI

Rd3 (COMP PICK) CB VICTOR HAMPTON Depth and eventually Cullys replacment if he decides to want a big pay raise in 2 years.

RD4 OG CHRIS WATT A tough lineman who also has the brains to go along with hs brawn.

RD5 DT KELCY QUARLES Depth and replacement?? moves alright for a big guy

RD6 PICK TRADED TO MIAMI

R7 OLB JORDAN TRIPP a very high motor guy from Montana. can also play inside line backer as well. would have to cut his teeth on Sts but adds really good depth at both backer spots

RD7 RB TERRANCE WEST FAST FAST

RD7 QB LOGAN THOMAS Has great size huge arm but this feet and legs are broken. a Harbaugh project. if QB doesnt work out could move to a TE/FB project

RD 7 FB RYAN HEWITT STANFORD GUY NEED DEPTH AT FB.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:53 PM ]
I like it but I don't understand spending a 3rd round pick on a center when we just extended Kilgore 3 years making him our starting center. I absolutely love the 1st round trade up for Gilbert, he's the #1 CB in my eyes and fits our system, could start right away or play the nickle if Cully comes back to full speed and beats him out for the starting spot opposite Brock.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I like it but I don't understand spending a 3rd round pick on a center when we just extended Kilgore 3 years making him our starting center. I absolutely love the 1st round trade up for Gilbert, he's the #1 CB in my eyes and fits our system, could start right away or play the nickle if Cully comes back to full speed and beats him out for the starting spot opposite Brock.

I personally hope Kilgore kills it at center but Swanson is a good player who could step in and compete. Extension or not Center is a Very important spot on the Offense and I would prefer to have the best guy in there and very good depth in case of injury.
i like it a lot...but i agree matt49er..we extended Kilgore to be our starter..id personally take a og instead like gabe Jackson and take another position maybe wr in the 4th..other then that I like it..love the gilbert pick of course..
Like it all the way till round #4.

If we draft a Center then we are set on the O-line. We already have our 5 starters plus the Center you drafted for depth. Add Looney and Snyder and you have our 8. We even have Bykowski we drafted last year to compete for a spot plus some others from the practice squad. If we are going to draft a Guard it should be an absolute stud who we project to start the next year not someone who will have to fight Looney for a roster spot.

How did we get 2 5th rd picks and no 6th rd Pick?

Don't need to draft a D-line player unless we get an absolute stud like a Tuitt or Donald. We have tons of depth. Great starters plus Tank, Williams, Dial and TJE for depth. He would compete with TJE who is coming on for a roster spot.

You could probably trade back and still get Loston.
With Kilgore getting extended, the Niners should concentrate on getting a swing OT instead. I like the idea of draft an OG to take Snyder's place as the backup and maybe start long term if Iupati goes elsewhere.

Don't think Quarles will last till the 5th round and Terrance West will definitely not last till the 7th (3rd round grade). Don't like Logan Thomas as a backup QB, but may work as a TE.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:48 PM ]
I doubt we could get Gilbert for so little , I've seen him mocked as low as #10.
I think C is a waste of a pick that high. Kilgore will be there for a while. Rather get a high potential G and later draft a guy who could play LG/C/RG.

I'd be VERY happy w/Montcief, Lostom.

Logan Thomas would be great that that position.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
This Mock relects how i think we will draft after resigning BOLDIN, DAWSON, COX, and WILHOITE.
i would love to keep Whiner but i have a feeling he is going to demand a bit too much $ and we will let him walk.
i am not going to try to guess our free agent pick ups but know that it will impact how we draft a litte bit

HERE WE GO

Rd1 49ers trade #30, #94, and #190 to MIAMI who are in trouble and could use extra picks. For MIAMIs #1 49ers take CB JUSTIN GILBERT
we address a need right out of the gate with a solid playmaker on D and STs

Rd2 WR DONTE MONCRIEF great size WR with good speed and good hands. really helped himself at the combine.

Rd2 S CRAIG LOSTON I love the thought of Reids Partner in crime at LSU in our Back field with Reid. These 2 together for years to come really would be a great thing

Rd3 C TRAVIS SWANSON A solid pick here with potential starter written all over him. give kilgore a battle at camp and an understudy for a year.

RD 3PICK TRADED TO MIAMI

Rd3 (COMP PICK) CB VICTOR HAMPTON Depth and eventually Cullys replacment if he decides to want a big pay raise in 2 years.

RD4 OG CHRIS WATT A tough lineman who also has the brains to go along with hs brawn.

RD5 DT KELCY QUARLES Depth and replacement?? moves alright for a big guy

RD6 PICK TRADED TO MIAMI

R7 OLB JORDAN TRIPP a very high motor guy from Montana. can also play inside line backer as well. would have to cut his teeth on Sts but adds really good depth at both backer spots

RD7 RB TERRANCE WEST FAST FAST

RD7 QB LOGAN THOMAS Has great size huge arm but this feet and legs are broken. a Harbaugh project. if QB doesnt work out could move to a TE/FB project

RD 7 FB RYAN HEWITT STANFORD GUY NEED DEPTH AT FB.

need another WR,draft is TOO deep abnd GOOD in WRS to just pick one,remember drafting for the FUTURE get them while they are there for the getting,btw LOVE me some Moncreif and Lostorn...dont NEED RB right now,Have Jewel Hampton which is a Power Back with some speed,T West is Not that fast I watched Him in college,what he is is a Powerful Running Back(see Hampton) with fair speed other then that your draft will work for me just fine.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM ]
Nice mock

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't know WTF I'd do or react I mean, if the 9ers some how traded and landed Justin Gilbert!!! I remember before the 2013 season, people and websites had Justin Gilbert in the late 1st and 2nd round. Now I'd say my Justin Gilbert dreams of a 49er are all but gone, no way Gilbert is a 49er....no way!!!
Share 49ersWebzone