There are 306 users in the forums

Regrading the 2013 Draft-Mel Kiper

This is a little older article, haven't seen it posted on here, if it has, then my sincere apologies but I figured some people might want to see what he wrote.

San Francisco 49ers

Round Pick Position Player College (1) 18 S Eric Reid LSU (2) 40 DE Tank Carradine Florida State (2) 55 TE Vance McDonald Rice (3) 88 DE Corey Lemonier Auburn (4) 128 WR Quinton Patton Louisiana Tech (4) 131 RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina (5) 157 DT Quinton Dial Alabama (6) 180 LB Nick Moody Florida State (7) 237 QB B.J. Daniels South Florida (7) 246 T Carter Bykowski Iowa State (7) 252 CB Marcus Cooper Rutgers

Post-draft grade: B

Summary: It's tough to add impact to one of the deepest rosters in the league, but the Niners did, and we could see some dividends going forward. Reid was a success story -- he stepped in at free safety and acquitted himself well. Elsewhere, Lemonier and McDonald had moments and could develop into starters. I thought Patton had the potential to play a bigger role, but he looks more like a depth option at this point. The interesting thing will be to see what becomes of Lattimore and Carradine, both of whom were drafted as guys who had no chance to play in 2013 but could provide value as soon as next season. Both carried first-round grades before suffering knee injuries. I'll keep the grade high because the Niners did get impact but could see plenty more from this class.

New Grade:B
Shouldn't someone who's whole life is about analyzing football know that Patton was injured?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Shouldn't someone who's whole life is about analyzing football know that Patton was injured?

Kipers gonna kipe.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Still, he had a small role when healthy. He's not starting over Boldin and Crabs either.
In time I think this draft has a great chance of ending up like the 2011 draft. I feel strongly that Lattimore and Tank are going to be beasts while Lemonier, McDonald & Patton will at least be solid contributors.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Mel Kiper aka Hair helmet
Nice post.

Agree that that draft can end up being even better than the '11 draft.
Share 49ersWebzone