There are 258 users in the forums

Post combine/Pre free agency Mock

I think the 49ers can draft a corner a little later in the draft as I don't feel like there is a huge fall off in the talent. Culliver was a third round pick, Brock was undrafted, and Brown was a 5th round pick. We have somewhat of a recent history of being able to plug in guys later in the draft or quality free agents into our secondary and being successful. I think we get better bang for our buck with guys like Mcgill in the third and Huff in the fifth, as opposed to someone like Roby or Fuller with our first round pick. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Verrett with our first pick, but I'd rather have guys like Cooks and Beckham at receiver or even Tuitt and Hageman at defensive end if they are there.

30 WR BRANDIN COOKS OREGON STATE 5'10 190 4.33 40- Quick as s**t and can take the top off the defense. Very productive college career. We're lucky if he's even still on the board.

Trade Alert- 49ers trade picks 56,94, and RB Lamichael James to the Browns for pick 35. Browns have a history of questionable trades and need a running back.

35 DE STEPHON TUITT NOTRE DAME 6'5 305 4.9 40- Slips a little in the draft because of his foot injury. We jump at the chance of trading up for him after already getting the receiver that we really need in this offense. Dude is a straight beast with good pass rushing ability. Can play anywhere along the line and has the talent to become a dominant 3-4 end. Him and Carradine would be a nightmare for defenses and both serve as the future replacements for Smith and Mcdonald.

61 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI 6'2 220 4.40 40- Was a 3rd/4th round projection, but now finds himself in the second round with a great combine. Future replacement to Boldin. Big fast guy to stretch the field.

77 CB/S KEITH MCGILL UTAH 6'3 211 4.51 40- Big athletic Sherman like corner who has experience at safety. Could play corner and then possible replacement for Whitner down the line.

125 C BRYAN STORK FSU 6'4 315- Competes with Kilgore for the starting job

158 CB/S MARQUESTION HUFF WYOMING 5'11 196 4.49 40- Very rangy safety that can also play corner. Another guy who could possibly replace Whitner down the line or play free safety and allow Eric Reid to bump over.

189 RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE 5'8 175 4.26 40- We all know this dude. Electrifying. Now if we could just figure out how to use him. We don't know how to use James, would we know how to use Archer? Probably not..LOL

219 ILB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS BOSTON COLLEGE 6'0 232 4.51 40- Athletic freak who blew it up at the combine. Possibly compete with Wilhoite and Moody to fill in until Bowman comes back. Probably a special teamer though.

220 QB LOGAN THOMAS VIRGINIA TECH 6'6 248 4.61 40- Some team probably drafts him higher just because of the potential talent, but still a projected 7th/undrafted by some. Harbuagh might be able to do something with him

222 TE A.C. LEONARD TENNESSEE STATE 6'2 250 4.50 40- Highly athletic. Try and use in a Delanie Walker type role.

[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Feb 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM ]
First three picks would be a dream if it happened.
This draft is beasty! Love it
Love the AC Leonard pick, but I think he goes higher after having a good combine. Kid may have off the field issues in past, but if he clears interviews, I can see a 4th-5th round grade on him.

I do like the draft overall, would love if it fell that way.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Every mock I've seen has Tuitt going in the top 20, I don't think he'll fall that far due to a foot injury, after all he'll been ready to go in 6-8 weeks? It's not like Carradine, where he needed almost a full year to recover. Let's also not forget Tuitt had 31 reps at the Combine so you know he impressed teams even more. Tuitt has also got his weight down from 328 to 306, so you know he's staying in shape. I just think a workout warrior like Tuitt with the college production and measurables he has will fall that far. IMO.
Out of all the Zone mocks this is my favorite. I agree with Kolohe that Tuitt may not be there in the second round. What I like about this mock is that you addressed speed and size.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We don't need anymore D linemen. We're fine with what we have currently and Cook is too short.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 1, 2014 at 3:52 AM ]
Nice mock. We need a slot CB. Who would handle that role?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
First three picks would be a dream if it happened.
Agreed lol.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
This draft is beasty! Love it

Thanks
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Love the AC Leonard pick, but I think he goes higher after having a good combine. Kid may have off the field issues in past, but if he clears interviews, I can see a 4th-5th round grade on him.

I do like the draft overall, would love if it fell that way.

Yeah I think so too. I was surprised to see him projected so low by cbssports. Thanks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Every mock I've seen has Tuitt going in the top 20, I don't think he'll fall that far due to a foot injury, after all he'll been ready to go in 6-8 weeks? It's not like Carradine, where he needed almost a full year to recover. Let's also not forget Tuitt had 31 reps at the Combine so you know he impressed teams even more. Tuitt has also got his weight down from 328 to 306, so you know he's staying in shape. I just think a workout warrior like Tuitt with the college production and measurables he has will fall that far. IMO.

I've seen mocks with Tuitt in the first and then I've also seen a lot of mocks with him going in the second. Remember it took Crabtree a LONG time to fully recover from his foot injury. cbssports has him ranked as the 40th overall prospect. With his injury, it's definitely not unrealistic to think that he could be there at 35.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Out of all the Zone mocks this is my favorite. I agree with Kolohe that Tuitt may not be there in the second round. What I like about this mock is that you addressed speed and size.

Thanks. I like Cooks for his quickness and I like Moncrief as a guy to play on the outside in the future and stretch the field. Our receivers this year would be Boldin, Crabtree, Cooks, Patton, Moncrief. Some weapons right there.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We don't need anymore D linemen. We're fine with what we have currently and Cook is too short.

Strongly disagree. You can never have enough D linemen. See the seahawks formula? When you have an abundance of quality linemen to sub in and out, it can really create havoc on an offense. The game is won in the trenches. Jerod Eddie and Dobbs are nothing special. Tuitt can be an absolute monster. Size and athleticism similar to JJ Watt. We need to make sure that our defensive line remains dominant against the run and also adds some more pass rush.

And Cooks is too short? We won't be asking him to be a jump ball receiver in the redzone. I guess TY Hilton, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Antonio Brown, etc. are all too short as well.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Nice mock. We need a slot CB. Who would handle that role?

Yes you're right we do need someone to take over for Rogers there. I think out of Huff, Brock, Eric Wright, or possibly a free agent signing could handle that role.
Well um...I actually started to touch myself after the Archer pick. If this actually happens I will need the Barry White and a gallon of lube!

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Well um...I actually started to touch myself after the Archer pick. If this actually happens I will need the Barry White and a gallon of lube!

Don't get your keyboard all sticky lol
I will come hard if our draft falls like that.

Though, want a more pro-ready QB like Murray over a "has a lot of potential because didnt do s**t in college"-guy like Thomas.
Originally posted by communist:
I will come hard if our draft falls like that.

Though, want a more pro-ready QB like Murray over a "has a lot of potential because didnt do s**t in college"-guy like Thomas.

Lol

Yeah I would too. Would feel a lot more comfortable with a backup that is pro ready. Just didn't know if I could get any guys like that in the 7th round.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I think the 49ers can draft a corner a little later in the draft as I don't feel like there is a huge fall off in the talent. Culliver was a third round pick, Brock was undrafted, and Brown was a 5th round pick. We have somewhat of a recent history of being able to plug in guys later in the draft or quality free agents into our secondary and being successful. I think we get better bang for our buck with guys like Mcgill in the third and Huff in the fifth, as opposed to someone like Roby or Fuller with our first round pick. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted Verrett with our first pick, but I'd rather have guys like Cooks and Beckham at receiver or even Tuitt and Hageman at defensive end if they are there.

30 WR BRANDIN COOKS OREGON STATE 5'10 190 4.33 40- Quick as s**t and can take the top off the defense. Very productive college career. We're lucky if he's even still on the board.

Trade Alert- 49ers trade picks 56,94, and RB Lamichael James to the Browns for pick 35. Browns have a history of questionable trades and need a running back.

35 DE STEPHON TUITT NOTRE DAME 6'5 305 4.9 40- Slips a little in the draft because of his foot injury. We jump at the chance of trading up for him after already getting the receiver that we really need in this offense. Dude is a straight beast with good pass rushing ability. Can play anywhere along the line and has the talent to become a dominant 3-4 end. Him and Carradine would be a nightmare for defenses and both serve as the future replacements for Smith and Mcdonald.

61 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI 6'2 220 4.40 40- Was a 3rd/4th round projection, but now finds himself in the second round with a great combine. Future replacement to Boldin. Big fast guy to stretch the field.

77 CB/S KEITH MCGILL UTAH 6'3 211 4.51 40- Big athletic Sherman like corner who has experience at safety. Could play corner and then possible replacement for Whitner down the line.

158 CB/S MARQUESTION HUFF WYOMING 5'11 196 4.49 40- Very rangy safety that can also play corner. Another guy who could possibly replace Whitner down the line or play free safety and allow Eric Reid to bump over.

189 RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE 5'8 175 4.26 40- We all know this dude. Electrifying. Now if we could just figure out how to use him. We don't know how to use James, would we know how to use Archer? Probably not..LOL

219 ILB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS BOSTON COLLEGE 6'0 232 4.51 40- Athletic freak who blew it up at the combine. Possibly compete with Wilhoite and Moody to fill in until Bowman comes back. Probably a special teamer though.

220 QB LOGAN THOMAS VIRGINIA TECH 6'6 248 4.61 40- Some team probably drafts him higher just because of the potential talent, but still a projected 7th/undrafted by some. Harbuagh might be able to do something with him

222 TE A.C. LEONARD TENNESSEE STATE 6'2 250 4.50 40- Highly athletic. Try and use in a Delanie Walker type role.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I can not find one bad thing about this draft,I love it,now make it a reallity...I HOPE Baalke is reading this and take some notes.
Dri archer,I would use him as a PR/KR also as a slot wr,and some fly sweeps as well as on some screen plays to get him out in space,this guy has blinding speed and quickness.Yes surely Roman can at least figure out a way to use this small but fast swiss-knife.
Share 49ersWebzone