LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Name the player you think will drop in the first???

I believe it will be CJ Mosley, he is gonna be pretty good but in all mock drafts I've seen him going in the top twenty. I just don't see that happening, I think he drops to the late first and might even be there when the 49ers pick. No I do not think we should take him as there will still be a bunch of future starters at position of need for us at pick #30. Too many teams have devalued the mlb position much like rb and can be easily found compared to other positions. I just think he will be overshadowed in this draft and may dip into the second. Who's the player you think drops, maybe with reasons why, besides being the deepest draft since "the past thirty years".
  • pfizz
Kelvin benjamin. hopefully niners dont blink and he just keeps on dropping right past us onto the next team.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM ]
Derek Carr, if the Dolphins and Cardinals pass in the first he'll drop to the second. After Watkins goes in the first I could see some receivers slip into the second and even third.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Derek Carr, if the Dolphins and Cardinals pass in the first he'll drop to the second. After Watkins goes in the first I could see some receivers slip into the second and even third.

Meant the Vikings not the Dolphins for Carr.

The Browns will be dumb and draft Carr. I don't think he's going to be very good.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

The Browns will be dumb and draft Carr. I don't think he's going to be very good.
His brother ( Carr) was highly rated and didn't exactly lite it up.
I think we are already seeing players drop. Tuitt is dropping. On some boards Cooks has moved ahead of Lee and Benjamin.
some Boards also have Beckham as well over Lee and Benjamin
Originally posted by pfizz:
Kelvin benjamin. hopefully niners dont blink and he just keeps on dropping right past us onto the next team.

I just don't know about this guy...to me, he's the scariest player on the board as far as predicting how he'll be as a player. Maybe Clowney is a bit that way, too, but will be a much higher and thus riskier pick. Would not pass on Clowney, but that motor isn't always running. With Benjamin, can he separate, and does he aggressively go get the ball at this level. Can he catch Kap's fastball consistently? Or, will he be Megatron Jr? Scary pick, but don't wanna miss on a stud, either.
i can imagine Lee and Hageman dropping to the second. s someone already wrote, Cooks is flying up draftboards and i find it hard to belive that more than 4 WR will go in the 1st. So this could be Watkins and Evans, Cooks and then who knows. If Bears and Steelers pass on Hageman he could well drop to the 2nd.

Originally posted by Murphys1:

I just don't know about this guy...to me, he's the scariest player on the board as far as predicting how he'll be as a player. Maybe Clowney is a bit that way, too, but will be a much higher and thus riskier pick. Would not pass on Clowney, but that motor isn't always running. With Benjamin, can he separate, and does he aggressively go get the ball at this level. Can he catch Kap's fastball consistently? Or, will he be Megatron Jr? Scary pick, but don't wanna miss on a stud, either.

And there is no Matt Millen to draft him.
clowney cuz he's a f**kin clown.
If lee drops to our pick it's a no brainer IMHO he would be a top ten pick any other year. But yes it could be possible in this draft and I would be ecstatic.
Not to sure as to what player, but, it seems like a WR or two always drops down in the first....
Wrong. He will drop out of the first round
Share 49ersWebzone