LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Pretty confident CB Kyle Fuller is our 1st round pick !!

I could see Baalke developing a serious crush on this guy. Aside from being an outstanding CB it sounds very much like fits the "Gold Helmet" criteria.
I like Fuller too, but he's nowhere near as graceful and quick as Verrett.

Fuller has long arms and a good burst, but he doesn't stop or change direction extremely quickly compared the other CBs I like. He's a stay-way-off-the-WR-and-move-forward-to-the-ball kind of CB rather than a shadow-the-guy kind of CB.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM ]
I'm with you, VP. Verrett's quick footwork is very impressive.
[ Edited by MeddlingKids on Apr 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM ]
Fuller over Verrett his value on the special teams gives him that imo
K Fuller value is on the rise. he has moved up several spots ahead of us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

Even with his ST value, I probably would still take Verrett over Fuller. Fullers stock has only raised this off season, Verrett has always been on the radar as a possible 1st round pick. Verrett is the answer to all the smaller receivers that gave the 9ers trouble.
Either or we'd get a hell of a player.

I'm leaning Verret.

We really need to come out of this draft w. a starting caliber CB and IMO this draft is so deep we can also get one to develop in the 4rd round.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Either or we'd get a hell of a player.

I'm leaning Verret.

We really need to come out of this draft w. a starting caliber CB and IMO this draft is so deep we can also get one to develop in the 4rd round.

Very true but Im leaning a WR round 1 our defense is real good our offense is eh needs upgrade and to be opened up which harbaugh has expressed. Our 1st pick will dictate which route were going of course but I would like the offense to opened up with Cooks, Beckham or Lee as options
IMO, I feel Odell is our best choice. We'd definitely have to move up to get him and I don't think we will.
This thread was posted in February, and I have to think that by May Fuller will be quite gone by our pick. In fact, I think Fuller is going to be selected before Dennard, who might be the Niners' choice at 30. Dennards' combination times in the short shuttle and 3 cone are downright subpar for a guy considered a first round talent. While timing measurable don't always play out as a major factor, in corners and WRs, where transitioning is critical, I think teams are going to shy away from him.

In the end, I believe the draft order for CBs will go like this:
1. Gilbert (in the teens)
2. Roby (late teens)
3. Fuller (early-mid twenties)
4. Dennard (thirties)
5. Varrett (thirties)

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

His value on special teams??

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This thread was posted in February, and I have to think that by May Fuller will be quite gone by our pick. In fact, I think Fuller is going to be selected before Dennard, who might be the Niners' choice at 30. Dennards' combination times in the short shuttle and 3 cone are downright subpar for a guy considered a first round talent. While timing measurable don't always play out as a major factor, in corners and WRs, where transitioning is critical, I think teams are going to shy away from him.

In the end, I believe the draft order for CBs will go like this:
1. Gilbert (in the teens)
2. Roby (late teens)
3. Fuller (early-mid twenties)
4. Dennard (thirties)
5. Varrett (thirties)

If that's the case, I would be ecstatic if Dennard became a niner. I'll take any of these 3 (Fuller, Verrett, Dennard).
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM ]
Dennard is a press corner. Our defense requires speed for when we play off man, which Dennard does not have. Playing in the Big 10 will hide a lack of speed. Fuller has speed and versatility but his inability to play out a full season really worries me. IMO Verrett has the best combination of speed and durability for our style of cornerbacks.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Dennard is a press corner. Our defense requires speed for when we play off man, which Dennard does not have. Playing in the Big 10 will hide a lack of speed. Fuller has speed and versatility but his inability to play out a full season really worries me. IMO Verrett has the best combination of speed and durability for our style of cornerbacks.

Of course this depends entirely on whether or not the 49ers plan on playing more press coverage. Dennard to me is the best CB in the draft, if he were to fall to the 49ers, I would hope that they would take all of 5 seconds to go with him. I don't care what his workout numbers say, he can straight ball, just an all-around dedicated, hyper-competitive cornerback.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

Of course this depends entirely on whether or not the 49ers plan on playing more press coverage. Dennard to me is the best CB in the draft, if he were to fall to the 49ers, I would hope that they would take all of 5 seconds to go with him. I don't care what his workout numbers say, he can straight ball, just an all-around dedicated, hyper-competitive cornerback.

I wouldn't mind having him and I'm sure Fangio would adjust the Defense accordingly. I just think Verrett brings a different playmaking element we haven't seen since Carlos Rogers' first year on the team, whereas Dennard would be a plug and play for Brown. Both are great options, I just think Verrett would thrive more in our system.
Share 49ersWebzone