LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Pretty confident CB Kyle Fuller is our 1st round pick !!

I've seen him as our #30 pick in a few mock drafts. He seems to be rising up the draft boards. Thanks for the highlights. Hadn't seen him play before. My initial thoughts are that he's very efficient and has good football speed. Like his size too.

I think if we resign Boldin, CB will be our first pick and Fuller should be there at #30. I wouldn't be upset.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I wonder though with Baalke's track record of drafting/finding quality CB talent if he'll actually use a 1st rounder on one. And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Fuller AND who mocked Lamarcus Joyner (as in, I had us taking him in my mock draft) in the first round just last week!

That's a good question. Not sure if CB was as big of a need as it is today. Rogers has been terrible and Culliver's development was stalled by his injury.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I've been on this kids bandwagon since the 1st game of the year.

Always amusing to me when all the "experts" suddenly say a kid is a 1st rounder after the combine, when it was his play during the season that was really what was impressive.

Agreed, if you watch the games, all the analysts and commentators argue he could be the best CB in the country. Jessie Palmer loves his game. I'm still perplexed why he gets no love from the media.
Kron...I hear ya. I've been on his bandwagon for awhile. I know Baalke likes Gilbert, and why not...he's the best CB in this draft and has 33 1/8 " arms. But, it'd be expensive to trade up & get him. I think he could stand pat and get Fuller, who has 32 7/8 " arms. He's the latest in a string of DB's from VA Tech who've had fine NFL careers. Baalke would arguably wiser to trade up in the 2nd rd to get the WR he likes...for argument's sake, let's say it's Matthews. That's the kind of quality I believe he's seeking in this draft.
Originally posted by kronik:
I wonder though with Baalke's track record of drafting/finding quality CB talent if he'll actually use a 1st rounder on one. And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Fuller AND who mocked Lamarcus Joyner (as in, I had us taking him in my mock draft) in the first round just last week!

That's a good question. Not sure if CB was as big of a need as it is today. Rogers has been terrible and Culliver's development was stalled by his injury.

Going into 2011, CB was a pretty big need too (Brown hadn't been a starter yet and nobody knew what Rogers had left in the tank after being signed to a 1 year deal). So there were a lot of pissed off people when Baalke "waited" until the 3rd round to draft Cully (who was mostly a safety in college), but that definitely worked out for the first two years at least.

I'd be fine with Verrett or Fuller and even Roby in the late 1st. If people go back to 2012 and watch Roby play, it's pretty amazing. He was an absolute beast and almost always the best player on the field. IMO, something/somebody got to his head and told him not to play so recklessly or it might screw him up for the draft, because he was a noticeably different player this year. The talent was still there, but his mind/heart wasn't always in the game.
Originally posted by kronik:

Going into 2011, CB was a pretty big need too (Brown hadn't been a starter yet and nobody knew what Rogers had left in the tank after being signed to a 1 year deal). So there were a lot of pissed off people when Baalke "waited" until the 3rd round to draft Cully (who was mostly a safety in college), but that definitely worked out for the first two years at least.

I'd be fine with Verrett or Fuller and even Roby in the late 1st. If people go back to 2012 and watch Roby play, it's pretty amazing. He was an absolute beast and almost always the best player on the field. IMO, something/somebody got to his head and told him not to play so recklessly or it might screw him up for the draft, because he was a noticeably different player this year. The talent was still there, but his mind/heart wasn't always in the game.

Good Points. I would also be happy with Verrett, Fuller, Gilbert, Dennard.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Kron...I hear ya. I've been on his bandwagon for awhile. I know Baalke likes Gilbert, and why not...he's the best CB in this draft and has 33 1/8 " arms. But, it'd be expensive to trade up & get him. I think he could stand pat and get Fuller, who has 32 7/8 " arms. He's the latest in a string of DB's from VA Tech who've had fine NFL careers. Baalke would arguably wiser to trade up in the 2nd rd to get the WR he likes...for argument's sake, let's say it's Matthews. That's the kind of quality I believe he's seeking in this draft.

Yuppers, makes alot of sense. I would love a big fast WR in the 2nd round. Matthews or Moncrief should satisfy that need. I would love get a shot at Brandin Cooks as well. Would love to trade up and somehow end up with Fuller, Cooks, Moncrief/Matthews. The rest of the draft would be gravy imo.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM ]
Since arent the only team that needs CB help....Simple logic would dictate that we not focus in on an extremely thin CB class. With the 30th pick...value will be alot higher later where? At WR. So we focus our efforts on maneuvering enough to get our guy there instead of boneheadedly trying to gamble and secure a sleeper.

There are no sure corners in this draft....far from it. Might as well gamble later.
[ Edited by random49er on Feb 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM ]
In the second video why is it all youtube highlight videos seem to use that song? as far as Fuller goes i really want Jason Verrett as a first round pick but Fuller is bigger by 2 inches and also looks like a good corner so i would not be to mad if they got him.
I've spent this week wondering the same thing. I feel we can sit and get him. Watched his highlights on YouTube and liked what I saw. He can tackle and cover and has good speed. Def a good corner

Phillip Gaines > Kyle Fuller. Phillip is my stepbro so I'm a little biased....
Originally posted by footballfreak49:
Phillip Gaines > Kyle Fuller. Phillip is my stepbro so I'm a little biased....

No s**t??? Kid has everything you need to play CB in the league at a high level and definitely turned heads at the combine! Calling it right now that someone will draft him in the 3rd.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I've spent this week wondering the same thing. I feel we can sit and get him. Watched his highlights on YouTube and liked what I saw. He can tackle and cover and has good speed. Def a good corner

Fits in the 49ers imo and plays special teams which is always a plus compare to the other CBs
I am like a 5 year old in Toy's R Us when I say "I want him".
After scraping up my knees hoping off and on the Verrett stagecoach, I'm firmly on the Fuller bandwagon the more I look at his style and aggressive. Verrett is great and plays a similar style aggressively but the size factor is the big difference. Fullers arm length and the extra couple inches in height give him the knod IMO. Size, skill and just the right amount of attitude and nasty in his game would make him a great addition to the team if they can get him.
Share 49ersWebzone