LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Mock of The Year - 9ersLiferInChicago

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
a lot of guys that "look the part" but don't really play up to it: McCullers, Hoffman, Thomas, Richardson. I'm not sure you have a good player among the 4

My thoughts exactly. Add Roby to the list of question marks, too. His problems aren't physical, it's mental.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I like that you give detailed explanations with each pick. Nicely done.
Originally posted by Janitor:

I appreciate the thoroughness.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Janitor:

I appreciate the thoroughness.

Thanx Bro's
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM ]
Need a top speed receiver. We also don't need a 5th RB. As it is it will be hard enough to get carries for Hunter and Lattimore and LMJ.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Need a top speed receiver. We also don't need a 5th RB. As it is it will be hard enough to get carries for Hunter and Lattimore and LMJ.
People keep saying that but I'm watching teams win without one. Besides, we have one on the team in Chuck Jacobs. Just saying
I like it...see nothing wrong with your mid-rd picks. One of the few mocks I've seen that didn't have us drafting a C...which makes sense because there are currently 4 guys on the roster who can play the position. I think Roby will have a tough time beating out Culliver, but who knows. Only thing I might change is to add a big CB like McGill...lots of talk about Jean-Baptiste, but considering McGill played in the offensively diverse Pac 12, I'd opt for him. Nice job.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I like it...see nothing wrong with your mid-rd picks. One of the few mocks I've seen that didn't have us drafting a C...which makes sense because there are currently 4 guys on the roster who can play the position. I think Roby will have a tough time beating out Culliver, but who knows. Only thing I might change is to add a big CB like McGill...lots of talk about Jean-Baptiste, but considering McGill played in the offensively diverse Pac 12, I'd opt for him. Nice job.
I know, I think I'm one of the few who don't think we need to draft a C. Between Kilgore and Snyder I think that position is pretty solid. I think the battle between Cully and Roby would be interesting, but I think Roby would win. Roby is more of the natural at corner than Cully is. But even if he didn't he'd still be the other starter over Brock. I got got a good look at McGill and I found myself expecting more from him given his size. What I saw match to a "T" with his scouting report. He don't play to his size at all. Not nearly as tough or physical as as he should be (I've seen him get into hand battles with smaller guys he should dominate at the LOS). He gets walled off a lot by blocking WR's. Not very durable. And most of all he's not reliable when it comes to tackling. In fact, he's not a very willing tackler. There's a 3rd round tag on him, but I think that's too high. I see him as more of a late 5th, early 6th. But some team is gonna reach in the 3rd for him, and I hope to dear God it isn't us.
Excellent mock draft... If Jason Varett is still around I'd swap him for Roby, heck let's try to get both if at all possible.
Excellent mock draft... If Jason Varett is still around I'd swap him for Roby, heck let's try to get both if at all possible.

What is the plan for the Center position as it wasn't addressed?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I would not necessarily agree with every pick but who cares, it is mock season. NICE WORK !
Really like it and thanks for the explanations and work.

TOTALY agree we will not draft a C - especially with a mid-round pick. Kilgore will be or C. BUT we may draft a hybrid type guy who can play multiple OLine positions including C.

I also prefer Montcrief but still very solid in WR.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
People keep saying that but I'm watching teams win without one. Besides, we have one on the team in Chuck Jacobs. Just saying

Chuck Jacobs isn't any good. We need a top speed receiver. Yes you can win without one. You can win without a good QB. The Ravens did it with Dilfer. Why try if you don't have to? Our QB might have the strongest arm in football. We have no real deep threat at WR. The more we can hurt a team deep the more they have to play their safties back opening up the running game or get burned. Seattle plays us with 8 in the box in our 2 WR set making it hard to run and we don't have the speed to make them pay for it.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
What is the plan for the Center position as it wasn't addressed?
It wasn't addressed because I don't think it's a need to be addressed, at least not in the draft. We have Goodwin, Kilgore and Snyder. Even if Goodwin leaves it's not a spot I think needs draft attention this season.
Share 49ersWebzone