LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Mock no.3

Kind of a weird time to make a mock.BTW there are no trades in thus mock.I made this on the assumption that we resigned Boldin,Whitner,and Wilhoite.

1.Brandin Cooks WR 5'10" 186lbs Oregon St.
Ran a 4.33 40.The deep threat everyone wants.Great hands.Solid route runner.

2(KC).Kyle Fuller CB 6'0" 193 Virgina Tech
Long armed corner.Looked good in VT's opener against Alabama.Solid tackler.Could start in the slot as a rookie.

2.Jackson Jeffcoat DE 6'4" 245lbs Texas
Outstanding edge rusher.Has the speed and size.Former no.1 overall recruit coming out of high school.Could be a great rotational player.

3(TENN).Bashaud Breeland CB 6'0" 185lbs Clemson
Another long armed corner.Best player in Clemson's secondary.Average tackler.Plays the ball well.Runs well with receivers.Could also play in the slot as a rookie.

3.Donte Moncrief WR 6'2" 226lbs Ole Miss
Big receiver who had a down year.Has all the tools to be elite.Good hands.Gets separation and can make the tough catches.

4.Marcus Martin C 6'3 310lbs USC
Strong and has good footwork.Great run blocker.Average pass blocker.Probably could beat out Kilgore for the starting job.

4(comp).A.C. Leonard TE 6'3" 245lbs Tennessee St.
Great receiver.Liability in blocking but that can be coached.High upside.Got booted out of Florida for domestic violence but seems to have cleaned his act up.

5.Marqueston Huff S 5'11 195lbs Wyoming
Very fluid in his movements.Plays the ball well.Solid tackler.Good return man.

6.James Wilder Jr. RB 6'2" 226lbs Florida St.
Big bruising back.Replacement for Dixon.Good special teamer.Can catch too.Possible H-back.

7(CAR).Dustin Vaughan QB 6'5" 220lbs West TAM
Small school guy.Can make all the throws.Accuracy is pretty good.Pocket passer.

7(NO).Tracy Moore WR 6'1" 215lbs Oklahoma St.
Faster Anquan Boldin.Had off the field issues but in a lockeroom as strong as ours it shouldn't matter.

7.Kevin Pierre-Louis ILB 6'1" 225lbs Boston College
Had a good career at BC.Started next to Kuechly and formed a good LB tandem.Can compete with Moody in camp.

UDFA:Aaron Colvin,Trey Millard,Quincy Enunwa,Jeremy Gallon,Spencer Long,Colt Lyerla,Kameron Jackon
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Feb 26, 2014 at 7:48 AM ]
Thanks for your draft, you have a good mixture of CBs, WRs, and our other needs also.
how did Moncrief go from 6'2 to 6'5 and also Jeffcoat is a nice player but we need a more DT/ 3/4 type Dlinemen that high.
Moncrief wont be there in the 3rd.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Agreed. Guy just put "both feet down" in the 2nd
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
how did Moncrief go from 6'2 to 6'5 and also Jeffcoat is a nice player but we need a more DT/ 3/4 type Dlinemen that high.

Haven't been watching the combine and was using drafttek.com for height and weight
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Feb 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM ]
Fuller, Moncrief, Martin, Huff and some of the UDFA's won't be available where you slot them. This would be a wonderful draft if it worked out this way. Let's hope.
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Especially not if he grows 3 inches lol
WR is still stacked, he could easily be available in the 3rd.
End of the 3rd is pushing it doe
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Especially not if he grows 3 inches lol
WR is still stacked, he could easily be available in the 3rd.
End of the 3rd is pushing it doe

He wont reach the 3rd.
Moncrief is 6'2".

Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Fuller, Moncrief, Martin, Huff and some of the UDFA's won't be available where you slot them. This would be a wonderful draft if it worked out this way. Let's hope.

I just finished up watching the combine and I realize that now.I still think Moncrief is gonna be their due to his down year.
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:

I just finished up watching the combine and I realize that now.I still think Moncrief is gonna be their due to his down year.
Let's hope. I know the 49ers will have a plan going in. With so many picks and so many needs it will be the most interesting draft we have seen in a decade.
Let's hope. I know the 49ers will have a plan going in. With so many picks and so many needs it will be the most interesting draft we have seen in a decade.

I'd be happy if we packaged 3 or 4 picks for Mike Evans.

Yeah Evans would be great on this team. He could be our #1 should we not be able to resign Crabtree. Per the mock, I disagree with the center choice, I think if we draft a center he should be an excellent PASS blocker. Enough with the stupid mauler Oline, we need better pass blocking to protect Kaep.

I would rather have Moncrief and 3 other top quality players in rounds 2 and 3
Share 49ersWebzone