LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Hysterikal mock draft v.2

No trades and assuming boldin and whitner are resigned

1. Jason Verrett CB - the now trendy pick for niner mocks and I couldn't be happier but I think we will actually have to trade up to get him.
2. TravisSwanson C - may be gone by the bottom half of the second but I can see him slipping down to us.
2b. Paul Richardson WR - If I had trades I would have tried a trade for Bradin Cook but Richardson can stretch the field and he is shifty which Seahawks corner have trouble with.
3. Telvin Smith OLB - Before u start saying we already are set at OLB. This guy is the successor to whitners when he leaves he has the size and speed that would competed with Pryor and HaHa for best safety at the combine but he went as a undersized OLB.
3b. Martavis Bryant WR - tall receiver with amazing speed he will be good in madden but I don't see him translating well in the nfl. But worth a shot.
3c. Dominique Easley DE - with a talented roster like the niners u almost have to draft injured players to just stash on IR until a spot opens up instead of losing them when u put them on practice squad. (Cooper and Grey)
4. Aaron Lynch OLB - yes we are set at OLB but if 1 goes down then we are not able to rotate the way fangio likes too. And this guy once was considered a high potential draft pick. My concern is when he was with Nix, Tuitt, Teo how much attention did he get from the oline.
5. Daniel McCullers NT - I really dislike this guy. I don't even know why he is in my mock. He is very lazy from what I've seen on tape. He has the size to dominate but I will say he does take on a double team well. Maybe tomsula can mold him into what he can be.
6. Ricardo Allen CB - Physical corner who can play outside while verrett will be the nickle guy for years he can learn to play outside.
7. Aaron Colvin CB - young good corner we can hide on our IR.
7b. Spencer Long OG - keep hiding good developement players.
7b. Colt Lyerla TE - worth the risk at the end of the draft.

No I didn't draft a backup QB because having a rookie back up is as nerveracking as a deep ball being thrown towards Carlos Rogers receiver.
I've seen Telvin Smith compared to Kam Chancellor. Let's get him.
There's some nice picks in there. As far as Smith goes, he has been adamant about saying that he only wants to be a linebacker, not a safety.
I haven't heard that and that would suck cuz he just looks like a SS
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I haven't heard that and that would suck cuz he just looks like a SS

Looking like one doesn't mean anything. He's not a safety as much as people want him to be one. Chancellor played FS at Virginia Tech for 3 years, people need to stop trying to fit every smaller sized linebacker as a potential Chancellor in the waiting. He was a decent college safety with very rare/unusual size.

A better comparison might be a guy like Nick Williams of North Alabama who is about 6'2" and 225, however he's got pretty bad hips and I don't know if he'll make it at the next level.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
To bad ol taylor mays never worked out for us....man we kind o suxs at drafting
In the 4th and 5th rd you draft players you have concerns about at positions where we are deep. We could go after an ILB that we need or pick Colvin in the 5th because it doesn't look like he will make it to rd 7. A safety like Loston might be available in the 4th to add some more depth or maybe a return man somewhere in the draft.

1st three rounds look good and rd 7 looks good if they all are still there.
Share 49ersWebzone