4: ILB: Lamin Barrow
4 (comp): OG Chris Watt
5: traded
6: traded
7: CB Phillip Gaines
7: QB Tom Savage
7: TE Colt Lyeria
[ Edited by Jbniner on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:25 PM ]
I don't know how likely this is to happen, but it would be nice if it did.
You have covered the CB and WR issues and given us some insurance for ILB and maybe some for QB.
Iirc, the comp pick will be at the end of the 4th round, so mock one more please.
Can't see Cooks or Moncrief going as low as you have them. Would love it though.
I read that Lyerla had a really good combine. Depending on how the rest of his workouts go he could see himself going 2-3 rounds higher. Even with his other issues.
Cooks, Moncrief, Fuller and Gaines won't fall that far or close. Cooks is a mid to late 1st rounder right now. Moncrief is a mid to late 2nd rounder. Fuller is early to mid 2nd rounder and Gaines will go somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds.
Verrett's draft stock will surely rise after the combine...but he's still a smallish CB. I'd think Baalke will want a bigger CB, one with longer arms (McGill?). There's no way Moncrief is available at #94...love the pick, also really like Fuller. Taking Cooks and Moncrief seems unlikely...if it has to be one or the other I'd say Moncrief. Not that I'd have a problem with both, but realistically once Boldin re-signs, he, Crabtree and Patton will suck up most of the snaps. Moncrief would eventually replace Anquan, most likely. Crabtree's future is unknown...sure Baalke will try hard to re-sign him, but who knows what'll happen.
Oh s**t!!! This mock just put the p***y on the chainwax!!!!!!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cooks, Moncrief, Fuller and Gaines won't fall that far or close. Cooks is a mid to late 1st rounder right now. Moncrief is a mid to late 2nd rounder. Fuller is early to mid 2nd rounder and Gaines will go somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds.

Maiocco predicted Moncrief goes in the 3rd or 4th in his chat today, which is consistent with what most people are saying. I think with the talent so deep at WR, its very reasonable. I also think Cooks goes late in the 1st/early in the 2nd (with Watkins, Lee, and Evans all going before him). Tough to say on Fuller. May go a few spots before where I mocked him, but again there is so much damn talent this year its hard to say. Gaines was off the map until the combine. Likely someone will take a chance on him now, but probably not before 6 or 7. But I guess we will see! I liked your mock.
Originally posted by communist:
Iirc, the comp pick will be at the end of the 4th round, so mock one more please.

Thanks. I think Watt and Barrow both could go 3rd - 5th, so the pick remains the same.

Originally posted by Jbniner:
Maiocco predicted Moncrief goes in the 3rd or 4th in his chat today, which is consistent with what most people are saying. I think with the talent so deep at WR, its very reasonable. I also think Cooks goes late in the 1st/early in the 2nd (with Watkins, Lee, and Evans all going before him). Tough to say on Fuller. May go a few spots before where I mocked him, but again there is so much damn talent this year its hard to say. Gaines was off the map until the combine. Likely someone will take a chance on him now, but probably not before 6 or 7. But I guess we will see! I liked your mock.

Maiocco is a 49ers beat reporter not a guy with any background in terms of scouting or the draft. Mayock has Moncrief going in the 2nd, NFL.com has him as a 1st/2nd rounder, I can't imagine him falling into the late third round. As far as Cooks, he's similar to a guy like Kendall Wright and will likely go somewhere in the mid teens to early 20s. A team like the Jets or the Chiefs could be intrigued with his speed and agility. The Jets especially need some offensive weapons for Geno Smith and Cooks would give him someone who plays similarly to Tavon Austin, his former teammate. He might even get drafted in front of Lee if a particular GM really buys into the hype. There could be 5 or 6 WR's that end up going in the 1st round total in this upcoming draft.

Gaines was probably about a 6th rounder prior to the Combine, I can only see him moving up from there. A 6 foot guy with his speed is going to draw attention from a lot of people.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jbniner:

Maiocco is a 49ers beat reporter not a guy with any background in terms of scouting or the draft. Mayock has Moncrief going in the 2nd, NFL.com has him as a 1st/2nd rounder, I can't imagine him falling into the late third round. As far as Cooks, he's similar to a guy like Kendall Wright and will likely go somewhere in the mid teens to early 20s. A team like the Jets or the Chiefs could be intrigued with his speed and agility. The Jets especially need some offensive weapons for Geno Smith and Cooks would give him someone who plays similarly to Tavon Austin, his former teammate. He might even get drafted in front of Lee if a particular GM really buys into the hype. There could be 5 or 6 WR's that end up going in the 1st round total in this upcoming draft.

Gaines was probably about a 6th rounder prior to the Combine, I can only see him moving up from there. A 6 foot guy with his speed is going to draw attention from a lot of people.

Wait until Maiocco hears about this. He's going to be pissed.
I dont think Moncrief will be there in the 3rd.
Love the receiver and corner picks. Don't think the 49ers will trade up that much.
F'n A. The niners would do well to look at this mock and quit actin like a bunch of a$$ faces. I love the niners, but the WR position hasn't come easy to them in the last decade. I guess what I'm sayin is they need to shake things up, trade up and grab something worth grabbing. Get that pu$$y on the chainwax, son!!! Zzzzzzuuuhh zzz!
Share 49ersWebzone