LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Justin Gilbert

not a big fan of taking corners this early, there are always a flood of experienced cornerbacks that hit free agency, there are very few elite corners and the rest of them look better when there's a pass rush

i think tarrell brown willl be re-signed once he sees the market isn't as robust as he thought
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I agree though, those guys will be gone add the Qbs, Mack, Barr, Pryor, Clinton-Dix and about 4 Linemen. I feel like we would be able to trade up for Dennard if he slides to 15 or even Gilbert, ive been hearing a lot about Detroit actually going for Evans. I cant see us moving any higher than 15 if we were to trade up.

C.J. Mosley and Eric Ebron will be gone early too. The offensive tackles are as deep as last year and three (Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan) will be gone early, possible four. With defensive lineman, Clowney will be long gone and then we got Ealy, Nix, Ford, Donald, Jernigan, Hageman, and Tuitt who could all go in the first round. So yes there is a good chance to go for the top #3 CB or WR but I think Dennard is pushing it.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by mmezzetta:
Thanks for that info marty.

This is where I checked along with some other sites such as nfl.com. http://walterfootball.com/offseason.php

Here are the teams that have a top need for CB: Raiders, Vikings, Lions, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins, Cardinals, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Broncos, Redskins, and Colts.

Here are the teams that have a top need for WR: Browns, Bills, Lions, Ravens, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Browns, Panthers, Seahawks, and Colts.

I think it is safe to safe Gilbert and Dennard will be gone and Watkins, Evans, and Lee will be gone. Then we will probably trade up for both a CB and WR, predicting a CB will come first since the WR class depth is so deep. However, it may go other way around if 49ers are sold on one receiver after those top three go, and do whatever they can to move up once Evans/Lee falls.

No problem. I think some of the teams in the CB arnt thinking CB with their top pick.
-KC needs WR way more than CB with the emergence of Cooper plus they have Sean Smith and Flowers.
-Tenn will resign Vernon and they have McCourty
-AZ needs OL help more than anything
-Raiders would have to trade back to avoid reaching for a corner at 5, plus that'd be back to back CBs in the 1st. most likely will get CB in FA w/ their 60million
Mia- 4 words: Replace Incognito and Martin
NO- I could see them going corner
PHI- Would be crazy not to go Safety, secondary's been weak since Dawkins left.
So only legit ones I see targeting starting caliber CB are DEN, SD, CIN, and us.

You nailed it on the receivers list.
I agree though, those guys will be gone add the Qbs, Mack, Barr, Pryor, Clinton-Dix and about 4 Linemen. I feel like we would be able to trade up for Dennard if he slides to 15 or even Gilbert, ive been hearing a lot about Detroit actually going for Evans. I cant see us moving any higher than 15 if we were to trade up.

I can see Dallas and Detroit targeting a CB in the 1st. Don't see Gilbert getting past Dallas or Dennard getting past Detroit. Detroit can grab running mate for Megatron in the 2nd.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's the top CB in this draft, he'll likely be gone in the first 15 picks. I like him a lot too but its simply not going to happen.

You've done well to let go of that crush. All aboard the Verrett Bandwagon!

I am just worried about Verretts size
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

I'm not. He's very physical and he nearly has a 40 inch vert.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think there's a decent chance the 49ers try to move up for Gilbert if they don't bring back Brown and cut Rogers as expected. It would have to be at the right price -- but if we have a shot, I think there's definitely a great chance we could go for it.

I would not be upset at all if we moved up to snag Gilbert, if we did it as a reasonable cost.
"How 'bout:
Trading with the Bears at #14=1100 point value
Bears need Dlineman.
Niners trade their #30 (620 pts), #61 (292 pts) and Ray McDonald (at least 200 pts)=1112 pts. Dorsey and Carradine can compete for his position
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Feb 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

I'm not. He's very physical and he nearly has a 40 inch vert.
He's already got an injury that may require surgery.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
"How 'bout:
Bears need Dlineman.
Niners trade their #30 (620 pts), #61 (292 pts) and Ray McDonald (at least 200 pts). Dorsey and Carradine can compete for his position

We could probably make a similar trade with the Cowboys but switch Okoye and keep McDonald lol.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's the top CB in this draft, he'll likely be gone in the first 15 picks. I like him a lot too but its simply not going to happen.

You've done well to let go of that crush. All aboard the Verrett Bandwagon!

Verrette and T Brown are nearly the same size.
"How 'bout:
Bears need Dlineman.
Niners trade their #30 (620 pts), #61 (292 pts) and Ray McDonald (at least 200 pts). Dorsey and Carradine can compete for his position

A first, second, and our 2nd best DL to move up 16 spots? Wasnt it just a first and a third to move up 13 spots last year?

Originally posted by btthepunk:
"How 'bout:
Bears need Dlineman.

A first, second, and our 2nd best DL to move up 16 spots? Wasnt it just a first and a third to move up 13 spots last year?

Draft calculator says #30 and #61 would do it. That would still leave #56 to score a WR, maybe Moncrief or Benjamin?
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Mar 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
"How 'bout:
Bears need Dlineman.

Draft calculator says #30 and #61 would do it. That would still leave #56 to score a WR, maybe Moncrief or Benjamin?

I think #30 and #61 only get us to pick #20--that is a move up of 10 spots.

I do not think Gilbert will still be on the board.

Pick #30 620
Pick #61 292

912 = 20/NYJ/ 900

Even if we could move 13 spots with those two picks, we only get to pick #17 owned by Baltimore.
Baltimore needs picks, but I still think Gilbert would not be there.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
I think #30 and #61 only get us to pick #20--that is a move up of 10 spots.

I do not think Gilbert will still be on the board.

Pick #30 620
Pick #61 292

912 = 20/NYJ/ 900

Even if we could move 13 spots with those two picks, we only get to pick #17 owned by Baltimore.
Baltimore needs picks, but I still think Gilbert would not be there.

The trade value chart doesn't really mean a lot much more. Last year #31 and #74 got the #18 pick.
The Raiders trade with the Dolphins didn't follow the chart either.
  • evil
  • Veteran
The trade value chart doesn't really mean a lot much more. Last year #31 and #74 got the #18 pick.
The Raiders trade with the Dolphins didn't follow the chart either.

Actually it depends, both the Raiders and Cowboys seemingly were pretty desperate to move out of their current spots. Rumor had it that Oakland would have taken Hayden at 3 if they couldn't move down and the Cowboys were very high on Frederick (Cowboys also had a big need at the C position). The Bears have already made it publicly known they are open to moving down, but it may take a little more than 30 and 61 to move up...maybe 56 in place o 61 or maybe another pick along with 61. If we can make a deal and pay less than chart value great, but the real question is, how much would one be willing to pay to move up to 14 for Gilbert ? If the Bears are seemingly desperate Baalke may very well be able to get up there for less than chart value. That's if he is even still there, Minnesota is likely his ceiling, but Detroit, Tennessee, St.Louis and even the Bears all could take him in the first round.

Other teams could also have an interest in moving up into the Bears spot to get someone they fear could fall to one of those teams in the 15-18 range. And how far down would the Bears preferably like to move ? Especially considering if they are in love with either Jernigan or Donald to fill their DT need.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Mar 23, 2014 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
"How 'bout:
Bears need Dlineman.

After Watkins, Evan and Lee are gone I think there's going to be a run on CB's. I could see Gilbert going top 15 and Baalke making this move (not McDonald) for Kyle Fuller who seems to be climbing into mid-first round consideration.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone