There are 182 users in the forums

Justin Gilbert

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I would give #30 #61 and #77 to move up to 10 or wherever he is still available. We'd still have #56 and #94 + Gilbert.

I would like this if we snagged Moncrief @ 56.
Originally posted by AUniner:
You've done well to let go of that crush. All aboard the Verrett Bandwagon!

I've got one foot on. The other one's still on the Roby bandwagon. I hope they keep steady or I'm gonna fall off & get run over.
Excellent corner big and physical and returns kick but hes to good will be gone wont even make it to 20.
Sucks when you start early with the draft because you have to watch your favorite players go bye bye. First Dennard, then Gilbert and for all we know Verrett with his 4.38 will be gone as well. Might have to move onto Joyner, Roberson, Roby or Fuller.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I would give #30 #61 and #77 to move up to 10 or wherever he is still available. We'd still have #56 and #94 + Gilbert.

I would like this if we snagged Moncrief @ 56.

I think there's a decent chance the 49ers try to move up for Gilbert if they don't bring back Brown and cut Rogers as expected. It would have to be at the right price -- but if we have a shot, I think there's definitely a great chance we could go for it.

I would not be upset at all if we moved up to snag Gilbert, if we did it as a reasonable cost.
We would of had a much better chance with the picks we had last year (ex. #31 and #34) to possibly cash in on a #1 CB or WR but Baalke does not operate in that fashion. There is no chance we will pick up Gilbert or Watkins in this draft.They will be the first to go of their positions and if you look at majority of the NFL teams, a CB or WR is their top needed position. :(

Realistically, Verrett, Joyner, or Roby is what we should shoot for in a CB and a slew of receivers such as Robinson, Cooks, Matthews, Moncrief, Landry, Adams, and Beckham would be doable options as Watkins, Lee, Evans, and probably Benjamin will be gone early.
[ Edited by mmezzetta on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by mmezzetta:
We would of had a much better chance with the picks we had last year (ex. #31 and #34) to possibly cash in on a #1 CB or WR but Baalke does not operate in that fashion. There is no chance we will pick up Gilbert or Watkins in this draft.They will be the first to go of their positions and if you look at majority of the NFL teams, a CB or WR is their top needed position. :(

Realistically, Verrett, Joyner, or Roby is what we should shoot for in a CB and a slew of receivers such as Robinson, Cooks, Matthews, Moncrief, Landry, Adams, and Beckham would be doable options as Watkins, Lee, Evans, and probably Benjamin will be gone early.

Watkins and Gilbert going should work in our favor actually imo. Teams will reach, trade up, etc.

2nd bold. I don't think that's entirely true, at least not BPA/value wise. From what I see, teams that have a #1 priority need at corner that draft before us are #10DET,#24CIN, and #25SD. Cincy has 29mil in cap so I expect them to target a free agent CB or Safety and address the other thru draft so its 50/50. Det has cap issues and will most likely take gilbert and add a receiver w/their 2nd rd pick since the talent pool is deep. As for SD, they're in cap hell and will most likely take the next available corner since the value at OLB wont be as high as the value of whatever CB is on the board will be their target. Im predicting SD to trade up ahead of Cincy if a pass rusher drops, a good pass rusher for their D has more value than a corner not named Gilbert or Dennard.
We'll get who we want.
I think we can stop talking about Gilbert now. He will be long, long gone by 30 and not worth the package of picks it would take to move to get him.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I think we can stop talking about Gilbert now. He will be long, long gone by 30 and not worth the package of picks it would take to move to get him.

top 10 for sure if not shortly there after.

I see Antonio Cromatie 2.0 Solid from the get go but not a superstar kinda like P. peterson
Originally posted by martysofresh:

Watkins and Gilbert going should work in our favor actually imo. Teams will reach, trade up, etc.

2nd bold. I don't think that's entirely true, at least not BPA/value wise. From what I see, teams that have a #1 priority need at corner that draft before us are #10DET,#24CIN, and #25SD. Cincy has 29mil in cap so I expect them to target a free agent CB or Safety and address the other thru draft so its 50/50. Det has cap issues and will most likely take gilbert and add a receiver w/their 2nd rd pick since the talent pool is deep. As for SD, they're in cap hell and will most likely take the next available corner since the value at OLB wont be as high as the value of whatever CB is on the board will be their target. Im predicting SD to trade up ahead of Cincy if a pass rusher drops, a good pass rusher for their D has more value than a corner not named Gilbert or Dennard.
We'll get who we want.

Thanks for that info marty.

This is where I checked along with some other sites such as nfl.com. http://walterfootball.com/offseason.php

Here are the teams that have a top need for CB: Raiders, Vikings, Lions, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins, Cardinals, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Broncos, Redskins, and Colts.

Here are the teams that have a top need for WR: Browns, Bills, Lions, Ravens, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Browns, Panthers, Seahawks, and Colts.

I think it is safe to safe Gilbert and Dennard will be gone and Watkins, Evans, and Lee will be gone. Then we will probably trade up for both a CB and WR, predicting a CB will come first since the WR class depth is so deep. However, it may go other way around if 49ers are sold on one receiver after those top three go, and do whatever they can to move up once Evans/Lee falls.
Thanks for that info marty.

This is where I checked along with some other sites such as nfl.com. http://walterfootball.com/offseason.php

Here are the teams that have a top need for CB: Raiders, Vikings, Lions, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins, Cardinals, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Chargers, Saints, Broncos, Redskins, and Colts.

Here are the teams that have a top need for WR: Browns, Bills, Lions, Ravens, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Browns, Panthers, Seahawks, and Colts.

I think it is safe to safe Gilbert and Dennard will be gone and Watkins, Evans, and Lee will be gone. Then we will probably trade up for both a CB and WR, predicting a CB will come first since the WR class depth is so deep. However, it may go other way around if 49ers are sold on one receiver after those top three go, and do whatever they can to move up once Evans/Lee falls.

No problem. I think some of the teams in the CB arnt thinking CB with their top pick.
-KC needs WR way more than CB with the emergence of Cooper plus they have Sean Smith and Flowers.
-Tenn will resign Vernon and they have McCourty
-AZ needs OL help more than anything
-Raiders would have to trade back to avoid reaching for a corner at 5, plus that'd be back to back CBs in the 1st. most likely will get CB in FA w/ their 60million
Mia- 4 words: Replace Incognito and Martin
NO- I could see them going corner
PHI- Would be crazy not to go Safety, secondary's been weak since Dawkins left.
So only legit ones I see targeting starting caliber CB are DEN, SD, CIN, and us.

You nailed it on the receivers list.
I agree though, those guys will be gone add the Qbs, Mack, Barr, Pryor, Clinton-Dix and about 4 Linemen. I feel like we would be able to trade up for Dennard if he slides to 15 or even Gilbert, ive been hearing a lot about Detroit actually going for Evans. I cant see us moving any higher than 15 if we were to trade up.
Originally posted by Since07:
I see Antonio Cromatie 2.0 Solid from the get go but not a superstar kinda like P. peterson

You don't think P. Peterson is a superstar? Or did I misunderstand that? There was a punctuation issue.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

At this point we will be lucky if Verrett is there. Right now could very well be us choosing between Roberson, Roby, Joyner or Fuller if we want to go CB first. Probably could trade down 5-15 spots and still get one of those guys we targeted. I'd be pretty down if our choices at 30 were Roberson, Roby, Joyner, Fuller, Robinson, Yankey, etc. I would probably trade down and pick up some picks for next year.

I'm hoping at least 1 will be available for us at 30: Verrett, Matthews, Beckham, Cooks, Pryor/Clinton-Dix (if no whitner).
Share 49ersWebzone