Just a different way of looking at things not just based on combine results, but how the fit on 49ers and matchup against Seahawks DB's.
CB: Richard Sherman 6'3" 195 lbs 4.54 forty
CB: Byron Maxwell 6'1" 207 lbs 4.43 forty
CB: Walter Thurmond 5'11' 190 lbs 4.53 forty
CB: Jeremy Lane 6' 190 lbs 4.48 forty
SS: Kam Chancellor 6'3" 232 lbs 4.62 forty
FS: Earl Thomas 5'9" 202 lbs 4.43 forty
1.) Speedy WR's gave Seahawks trouble
2.) 49ers WR's Patton average speed 4.53 forty, Boldin slow 4.7 forty, and Vernon Davis- fastest TE in league 4.38 forty.
* I omitted Michael Crabtree as he is a free agent and may or not be signed.
* TE's Vance McDonald and Dereck Carrier could factor into the future as well as Vernon Davis is 30 years old.
vs. Sherman, Speedy, Strong and long
vs. Earl Thomas, Height really helps as well as physicality
vs. Kam Chancellor, speed will really help
* TOUGHNESS!!! I think however is the 1st priority.
* Physicality without speed/quickness does not work well, see Boldin Week 2 vs. Richard Sherman
- Sammy Watkins, checks all the boxes, perhaps it's worth it to move up and snag him.
- Donte Moncreif, Jordan Mathews, Maratavis Bryant Jeff Janis and to a lesser extent Davante Adams fit the Speedy, Strong and Long bill.
- Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham and Tevin Reese fit the TY Hilton mold
- Marquis Lee is he healed from his knee injuries? Is he physical and tough enough?
*sorry, a little too obsessed with 40 times, can you blame me. Combine's a -itch