There are 177 users in the forums

Bradley Roby - Ohio State

WIth all of the issues 49er players are having off the field this off season I would be very surprised if they drafted Roby. PASS on him please!!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
WIth all of the issues 49er players are having off the field this off season I would be very surprised if they drafted Roby. PASS on him please!!

Yes, please Belichick. Pass on this guy.
i wouldnt even take this guy at the end of the 2nd. i dont know what all the hype is about...there are other CBs with his athletic ability. After his DUI i think 49ers definitely stay away from him...we dont need another troubled player
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
there are other CBs with his athletic ability.

Not in the 2014 draft (at his size). Verrett's just as quock, but he's smaller.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i wouldnt even take this guy at the end of the 2nd. i dont know what all the hype is about...there are other CBs with his athletic ability. After his DUI i think 49ers definitely stay away from him...we dont need another troubled player

It was a much lesser charge than a DUI. He wasn't driving . . . and he wasn't legally intoxicated at .008. I'd be surprised if this drastically changes the way teams look at him.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It was a much lesser charge than a DUI. He wasn't driving . . . and he wasn't legally intoxicated at .008. I'd be surprised if this drastically changes the way teams look at him.

Per 10tv.com in Columbus (via NFL.com), the person who reported erratic driving by Roby claimed that he endangered pedestrians.

"Hi, I'm just leaving BBR on Vine and some black Dodge Charger just almost hit a bunch of kids on the sidewalk," the caller said. "And now, the driver is passed out drunk on the side of BBR in black Charger with Georgia plates."

While Roby passed the breath test, he failed a field sobriety test conducted after he was found behind the wheel of the vehicle.

He was definitely impaired, perhaps not by alcohol but you're kidding yourself if teams aren't taking this seriously. Just because the police didn't drug test him doesn't mean he wasn't on something else.
He'll yeah, if we can get Roby, we can match him up with Aldon and we'll have the makings of a killer D.......literally.
Thinking the team gets an ultimatum from the Yorks that the selections have zero character red flags. The team can only deal with so much bad press and distractions.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Thinking the team gets an ultimatum from the Yorks that the selections have zero character red flags. The team can only deal with so much bad press and distractions.

You could well be right on this.

If so, we will draft Jordan Matthews.

Very good production.

Good physical capabilities

Absolutely fabulous intangibles.
Originally posted by buck:
You could well be right on this.

If so, we will draft Jordan Matthews.

Very good production.

Good physical capabilities

Absolutely fabulous intangibles.

Matthews is a rich man's Odell Beckham IMO.

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, most NFL scouts have Justin Gilbert and Bradley Roby rated as the top corners in the 2014 draft.

"What's interesting about the corners is that most of the personnel guys have Roby and Gilbert as their highest rated because they have better movement skills," Mayock said. "Coaches like Kyle Fuller and Darqueze Dennard because they're better football players today." Mayock believes Roby has a chance to be the second corner off the board despite his recent legal troubles. Gilbert is a potential top-15 pick.

Source: Baltimore Sun
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Matthews is a rich man's Odell Beckham IMO.

Share 49ersWebzone