There are 194 users in the forums

Mock with good trades

First of all there's absolutely no way we resign whitner and we will not resign lupati the year after that. Not with us having to resign kapernick, smith, Crabtree and miller. Therefore I'm all for trading him now for draft picks now instead of praying for a pick at the end of round 3 in 2 years. At the very least I see us getting 2 2nd round picks for lupati from one of the poor drafting teams with plenty of cap space like browns or jaguars. So say we make the deal with the jags and receive their 2nd round pick this year and 2015.
Then I have us making the identical trade we made with Dallas last year and give them out 3rd round pick to move up to number 16.
1st round pick 16 Justin Gilbert CB
2nd round pick 39 Davonte Adams WR
2nd round pick 56 Travis Swanson C
2nd round pick 61 Dion Bailey SS
3rd round pick 77 traded to Dallas
3rd round pick 94 Pierre Desir CB
4th round pick 125 Tahj Boyd QB
4th round complimentary Dominique Easley DE
5th round Michael Sam OLB
6th round Jalen Saunders WR
7th round Michael Schoefield. RT
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Complimentary lol
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
There's absolutely no way this mock will happen.

No team will give up multiple picks for an injured left guard that's in his last year of his deal. Hell, no one was biting on Albert for the Chiefs last season.
Doesn't quite hit the mark. Sorry.

Two 2nd round picks for an injured G with 1 year left on his contract before he is a free agent. We could maybe get one 2nd rd pick if it included him signing an extension as part of the trade but he would want huge money to forgo free agency.

Then you trade Iupati but don't draft a replacement. I guess Looney could start but who is his back up? We would need to draft a G to start or at least back up Looney.

You have Dominique Easley going at the end of the 4th round. Not likely.

You have Michael Sam going at the end of the 5th round. Not likely

You draft a OT in the 7th round. We drafted one last year Bykowski who spent the year on the practice squad so the odds are against this kid making the team. It will be tough enough for Bykowski so this is probably a wasted pick who will be cut.
Share 49ersWebzone