LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Jerick Mckinnon-Athlete-Georgia Southern

This guy has played all over the field at Georgia Southern, he has been a QB, a RB, a WR, a CB, he's got insane athleticism and has been tearing it up at the Combine. Last year his former teammate, JJ Wilcox, who transitioned from RB to safety, turned out to be a pretty good draft selection for the Cowboys. McKinnon has even crazier athletic ability and if nothing else looks like he could be a beast on special teams.

His numbers thus far from the Combine.

5'9", 209. 32 reps on the bench. 4.38 40. 40.5" vertical. 11' broad jump.

should be drafted for defense imo with those numbers SS
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
should be drafted for defense imo with those numbers SS

Draft him to perform on special teams, develop him as a SS.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think he could be a lethal RB/FB, similar to how the Seahawks utilized Michael Robinson after his 49ers tenure.
That is ridiculous al the way around. This is why it pays to have 7ths to burn for all those guys who slammed Baalke for acquiring so many 7th round picks.
Had a very good Pro Day reportedly, he's been working on playing at defensive back all offseason and looked good in the defensive back drills. If nothing else this guy is a freak special teams performer, if he could develop as a safety, even better.
Good find.

Is he a lock in the 7th?
nice uniforms, looks like alabama on st patricks day
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good find.

Is he a lock in the 7th?

Maybe before then even, a 6th rounder..etc.

Any idea if he'd be a good KR/PR?
Great find as always Phoenix
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Any idea if he'd be a good KR/PR?

I see him more as a coverage guy, not really a returner. I do love that he took it upon himself early on to start training at defensive back, he seems like the type of guy who's flat out just happy to play, give him a position, he'll go and get it done.
I have had him as a 4th rounder and #118 on my BB.. ... too early?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I have had him as a 4th rounder and #118 on my BB.. ... too early?

I was thinking 6th rounder since he still doesn't really have a position, you'd be drafting him for special teams primarily at first until he developed.
Share 49ersWebzone