Not a member? Register Now!

Kid9r Pre Combine Mock

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Pre Combine Mock (close enough)

Restructure

Carlos Rogers
pay cut from 8 mil to 4 or 5 this year.
Okay, Carlos has his fair share of haters on here but IMO he's a top 3 Slot corner. It's a very difficult position to play
because unlike other corners who can use the sideline he has to defend a two way go against typically quicker receivers.
In the last 3 years he's played in the slot way more than any other corner in the league. (because he's good at it)

2011 to 2013 Snaps QB Rating into Coverage snaps per yards giving up
in the slot players coverage Reception per coverage snap
Carlos Rogers 1259 77.3 10.63 1.05
Captain Munnerlyn 1017 96.8 8.77 1.22
Chris Harris Jr. 936 73.4 9.27 1.28
Cortland Finnegan 749 98.16 8.37 1.25
Kyle Wilson 723 80.10 10.30 1.05
Antoine Winfield (2010-12) 899 73.93 8.43 1.07
Eric Wright (2010-12) 518 89.17 9.3 1.34

Re-sign

Anquan Boldin WR
He's too important to let go if we want to make another run. He's also invaluable in teaching the younger WRs
how to be pros.
He'll probably want something similar to Reggie Wayne's contract last year.
4 year $17.5 million, with $7.5 million guaranteed.
YEAR BASE S. BONUS CAP HIT
2014 2,500,000 2,500,000 5,000,000
2015 2,500,000 2,500,000 5,000,000
2016 5,000,000 2,500,000 7,500,000

Perrish Cox CB
Cheap for depth, adds ST value unlike Eric Wright.

Michael Wilhoite ILB
Give him the lowest tender. I'm not of fan of Wilhoite starting for Bowman at ILB, I think he's terrible. But he is
a very good ST player. But he knows the system so we'll see if he wins the job.

Extend

Kaepernick
Crabtree
Bruce Miller

Chris Culliver CB
Imo he's going to be the best corner on the team this year. I hope we can sign him to a contract similar to Brock's
4yr 14,000,000

Won't re-sign

Donte Whitner SS
Great player, will be missed, but cant't afford. He'd be justified wanting a contract similar to Dashon Goldson's
considering he's out played him for most of the last 4 years. But at the very least would want a contract north of
LaRon Landry's 4 year 24 mil contract.

Jonathan Goodwin C
Tarell Brown CB
Manningham WR
Anthony Dixon RB
Colt McCoy QB
Eric Wright CB
Demarcus Dobbs DL

Free Agents

Graham Gano K Carolina
Dawson is awesome but he's 39. Then were in the same situation next or the year after looking for a kicker.
Gano was 24-27 and 6-6 over 50 yards this year. His avg kickoff dist was 72 yards, second best in the league and
had the lowest % of Kickoffs returned in the league. Which could lessen the importance of so many ST only type players.
I doubt Gano makes it to FA, so Hauscka, Cundiff and Folk could be options.

Husain Abdullah SS Kansas City
A good veteran option if whatever rookie we draft isn't ready to start. And is a huge upgrade over Dahl. Abdullah
graded out positively ever year of his career (Pro Football Focus). While Dahl has graded negatively (by a lot most times) every
year he has played. Both are good on ST's but we will only keep one of them.

Desmond Bishop ILB Minnesota
Should be a veteran min contract, 30 years old coming off a couple IR seasons but if Bowman is going to return
at midseason we'll need someone better than Wilhoite.

Tarvaris Jackson QB Seattle
Upgrade over McCoy, cheaper and doesn't have aspirations to start like Vick, McCown or Freeman.
Kellen Clemens wouldn't be a bad plan B.

DRAFT

1st (30)
ALLEN ROBINSON WR
Penn State
6'3" 210
Better change of direction, route running, hands and overall receiver than Kelvin Benjamin IMO.

2nd (56)
KYLE FULLER CB
6'0" 194
Virginia Tech
Will be trained to take Rogers job for next year.

2nd (61)
ED REYNOLDS S
6'2" 206
Stanford

3rd (77)
DION BAILEY S
6'0" 200
USC
We need one of these rookies to replace Whitner, so lets improve our odds.

3rd (94)
MARTAVIS BRYANT WR
6'4" 200
Clemson
Finally an outside deep threat that can go up and attack the ball and Kaep can actually air it out to.

4th (125)
SEANTREL HENDERSON OT/OG
6'7" 331
Miami
Backup T/G that could end up replacing Iupati unfortunately.

4th comp
GEORGE UKO DE
6'3" 275
USC
Could be a situational Pass rusher until he adds some bulk. Eventually replacement for Ray or Justin.

Trade Kendall Hunter + our 6th (189) to CLE for their 5th (133)
RUSSELL BODINE C/G
6'3" 310
North Carolina
I know that Killgore is going to get the job but he's a FA at the end of the season and he isn't really a know commodity.

5th (158)
LOGAN THOMAS QB
6'6" 250
Virginia Tech
Physical freak, huge arm, needs coached up.

7th (219)
DRI ARCHER WR
5'8" 175
Kent State
Explosive returner, Slot receiver and emergency back.

7th (220)
AARON COLVIN CB
6'0" 186
Oklahoma
Aaron Colvin torn his ACL at Senior Bowl practice.
Was projected to be a 3rd to 4th round pick prior to injury. It's what we do. Low risk.

7th (222)
COLT LYERLA TE
6'5" 250
Oregon
BIG character concerns. Would have been a very high pick. Low risk.

7th comp
GEORGE ATKINSON III RB
6'1" 220
Notre Dame
Buried in a crowed backfield at Notre Dame. Imo his best football is ahead of him. Outstanding kick returner.

Roster

QB Kaepernick, Jackson, Thomas

RB Gore, Lattimore, James, Archer

FB Miller

TE Davis, McDonald, Lyerla

WR Crabtree, Boldin, Robinson, Patton, Bryant, Archer

LT Staley, Boone

LG Iupati, Henderson

C KillGore, Bodine

RG Boone, Looney

RT Davis, Henderson

LDE McDonald, Jerod-Eddie, Uko

NT Williams, Dorsey, Dial

RDE Smith, Carradine, Uko

ROLB Smith, Skuta

RILB Willis, Wilhoite,

LILB Bowman(pup), Bishop, Fleming/Moody

LOLB Brooks, Lemonier

CB Rogers, Brock, Culliver, Fuller, Cox, Colvin(pup)

FS Reid, Spilman, Bailey

SS Reynolds, Abdullah/Dahl, Bailey

LS McDermott

P Lee

K Gano

PR James/Archer

KR Archer/James

PS
Lawrence Okoye DE
Carter Bykowski OT
George Atkinson III RB
Darryl Morris CB
Dax Swanson CB
Alex Debniak FB
Like it.A lot.
Carlos Rogers has said he won't restructure last year
Doubt he'll do it this year
Kendall Hunter and a 6th for a 5th? No way.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Carlos Rogers has said he won't restructure last year
Doubt he'll do it this year

Then we cut him. But his agent Will probably advise him that he won't get 5 million a year on the open market
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumorHasIt:
Kendall Hunter and a 6th for a 5th? No way.

Hunter is a free agent after this year and he will still probably get next to no carries this year with Lattimore and James. The only reason I traded Hunter instead of James is that James hasn't got as many carries or opportunities and has two years left on his deal.
Awesome mock! I love Dion Bailey and Ed Reynolds, Bailey especially. Also I agree that Allen Robinson is much better than K Benjamin. Id be ecstatic if this actually happened. Keep up the good work man.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sLarsen7:
Awesome mock! I love Dion Bailey and Ed Reynolds, Bailey especially. Also I agree that Allen Robinson is much better than K Benjamin. Id be ecstatic if this actually happened. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks bud
I got a question, this Robinson kid looks like a stud on film. What's the knock on him and why is he considered a fringe late first round pick? And we got to cut ties with Rogers, he may not be as bad as most think he is, but it's just time to move on. His play has been average, we don't need to pay that much for average. We should shake up the roster a little in the defensive back field. We need to keep Dawson too. I don't care if he's 70, he's money in the bank.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I got a question, this Robinson kid looks like a stud on film. What's the knock on him and why is he considered a fringe late first round pick? And we got to cut ties with Rogers, he may not be as bad as most think he is, but it's just time to move on. His play has been average, we don't need to pay that much for average. We should shake up the roster a little in the defensive back field. We need to keep Dawson too. I don't care if he's 70, he's money in the bank.

He's not considered fast and he's not close to as big as Benjamin or Evans (giving up 3 inches of height and 3 inches of arm length and he may be slower than both). He was very productive, but there are a number of good WR's and they can't all go in the first round. Watkins, Evans, and Benjamin will almost definitely be taken before Robinson and Lee and Beckham may too depending on their 40 times and how comfortable teams are with Lee's health going forward. Something interesting I noticed is that Beckham's arms are 3/4" longer than Robinson's and his hands are 1/2" bigger which makes up for some of the height differential. Beckham is way more explosive too and may have better hands so I could see him going in the first instead of Robinson.
Why 2 safeties so early?
Like the picks but I also don't understand the logic of drafting 2 safties early. Especially after you signed a safety in free agency. I guess we could go for only 1 CB if we retained Rogers or Brown.

Other than that would be very ok with a draft like this.
Not a fan of letting Dawson go, and Osgood better be back, he was money, and Ventrone makes it for me. Great 2013.
Not a fan of trading Hunter also. And Henderson isn't that good as a Tackle, abused at Senior Bowl.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Why 2 safeties so early?

Like I wrote. We need a starter at SS in this draft. Just because we're taking one doesn't mean he'll automatically work out. Which ever one isn't the starter could also see a lot of time in big nickel in 2 TE sets or if Reid keeps suffering concussions.