There are 291 users in the forums

Mock Draft 2014 Version 2

Here is a revised pre-combine mock just because Im bored, let me know what ya think. Someday soon ill do a detailed one with player info and such when the combine wraps up.

1.) Jason Verrett CB TCU Senior

2.) Jarvis Landry WR LSU Junior

2.) Deone Bucannon SS WSU Senior

3.) Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss Junior

3.) Dakota Dozier OG Furman RS Senior

3.) Jaylen Watkins CB Florida Senior

4.) Justin Ellis DT Louisiana Tech RS Senior

5.) James Wilder Jr. RB FSU Junior

6.) Tyler Larsen C Utah State Senior

7.) Gator Hoskins FB/TE Marshall RS Junior

7.) Dri Archer WR/KR/PR Kent State RS Senior

7.) Jeff Matthews QB Cornell Senior
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Feb 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Down with this
You covered our perceived needs at the moment. We even got a QB and RB out of the mix and a PR that is another thing we needed. Two WR, two CBs, a SS, and a Center are all good.
Love the first 7 picks.
If everything fell into place like this, I'd be super pumped about this draft.
Verrett is 5/9", 175 and likely a nickel corner. We're going to use a first round pick on him?

Totally joking btw.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Here is a revised pre-combine mock just because Im bored, let me know what ya think. Someday soon ill do a detailed one with player info and such when the combine wraps up.

1.) Jason Verrett CB TCU Senior

2.) Jarvis Landry WR LSU Junior

2.) Deone Bucannon SS WSU Senior

3.) Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss Junior

3.) Dakota Dozier OG Furman RS Senior

3.) Jaylen Watkins CB Florida Senior

4.) Justin Ellis DT Louisiana Tech RS Senior

5.) James Wilder Jr. RB FSU Junior

6.) Tyler Larsen C Utah State Senior

7.) Gator Hoskins FB/TE Marshall RS Junior

7.) Dri Archer WR/KR/PR Kent State RS Senior

7.) Jeff Matthews QB Cornell Senior

Nice draft i would switch Landry with Verrett
this would be an amazing draft
I would be estatic if our draft turned out as good as this. Good Mock.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Verrett is 5/9", 175 and likely a nickel corner. We're going to use a first round pick on him?

Totally joking btw.

haha ideally we trade up for gilbert or another player they really like but staying at 30 id take the best available db or wr...i like your mock btw nice job! and i really like that you resigned boldin and whitner

Love the picks. Not sure Landry is still there at the end of the 2nd or Larsen still there in the 6th but it would be nice.

You have us drafting a C and a G. We have 4 returning starters plus Kilgore and Looney. That makes 6 and the 49ers only kept 8 on the roster most of last year and on opening day. Your 2 draft picks would fill out the 8 leaving us only Boone as potential depth at OT but 3 players as depth for C/G. Maybe take a C in rd 3 and a pup list guy like G Spencer Long in rd 6 or an OT in rd 3.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Totally joking btw.

haha ideally we trade up for gilbert or another player they really like but staying at 30 id take the best available db or wr...i like your mock btw nice job! and i really like that you resigned boldin and whitner

Other than Bucannon (not a fan of his coverage abilities), I love every pick. Not sure Landry will be around then, but if he was, it would be an absolute steal.
Share 49ersWebzone