There are 186 users in the forums

Package some mid round picks to move up for an additional 2nd round pick ???

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I would like to get another 2nd. Its not secret that this draft class is deeeeep. So we can get 1st round talent on sale in round 2. Guys like J. Mathews, D. Adams, D. Moncrief, Roby, Roberson, Bucannon. Will all be there in the 2nd.

1st) B. Cook WR - 'Take the top off for us' and can return kicks.
2nd) B Roby CB - Crazy athletic corner who could be NB this year.
2nd) D. Bucannon SS - Big rangy SS who can hit.
2nd) D. Moncrief WR - Underrated stud player.

That would make me happy happy happy

great example ...that's what I'm talking about, grabbing impact players that will contribute asap, plus we would still have enough mid & late round picks to toy around with and draft players to develop for down the road, it's going to be a fun draft for 49ers fans
There is a good chance Moncrief would be available with our 3rd rd pick at #77 and we could even move up 6-7 slots for a 6th rd pick (like we did last year in the 2nd rd to get McDonald) if we felt we needed to to get him. Why give up a 4th to move into rd #2.
Originally posted by kronik:
I would package the late round picks (6th, three 7th's) to move up in the 4th or 5th if possible. What the hell we need so many 7th's for anyways?

You want to give up a 6th rd pick and 3 7th rd picks for a 4th rounder>

What could we do with those picks?
6 RD: Aaron Colvin CB
7 RD: Dri Archer PR/KR
7 RD: Trey Millard FB/HB
7 RD: Spencer Long G

You want to give all that up for 1 4th round pick?

We could also consider a Punter or a Kicker. Often times the best in the draft are available int the 7th round. We are using $5M in cap space at those positions now. A couple of rookies could save us $4M in cap space a year. These are not throw away picks. Players like Delaine Walker and Bruce Miller,Nick Moody, Anthony Dixon, RJF all were 6th and 7th rd picks and undrafted FA's could be considered late 7th rounders too like Tramaine Brock.

That's just us and only recently. Check around the league and through history. The trick is to use them wisely.
I am hoping for a 3rd round comp pick and then one big trade up in the first round to get the top CB or WRONG available around pick 18 just like last year.
Share 49ersWebzone