There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Fera K Texas

• DeUh
Anthony Fera 6´1 218 Kicker

He is a first team All-America who made 20 out of 22 field goals ( 90.9 pct ) last season.

He was a clutch player all season long as he made 14 when the score was within seven points and 6 as the score was within three points.

He also matched Phil Dawsons school record with 15 consecutive field goals made this season and is a highly respected person in the locker room.

I think he is definitely worth a closer look.

[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
While I am personally confused by it Harbaugh isn't going to hinge a "win now" team on a rookie kicker unless he absolutely has to.

Maybe he'll shock us but Seely won't let him give up Dawson without a fight.
The stats don't generally support that big money vet kickers are consistently better than rookies, and rookies cost 12-20% what a vet would.

Dawson might be ready to drop off the cliff, like Akers did after a stellar 2011 season.

Just a thought.
Thanx! I will keep an eye open for him
No homo
Seems like a perfect time for us to pick up a kicker. Dawson ain't getting younger
NEVER hurts to look.
I like Fera, but I really think we need to retain Dawson.

For those who keep using the Akers card, know that he went 19-24 in Detroit this past year. His sudden decline had a lot to do with injuries and there's no reason to think the same will happen to Dawson.
How are his kickoffs?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NEVER hurts to look.

I agree my fellow Vegas bro
  • DeUh
His career kickoff avg is 66.7 yrds.

In 2013 he also made 75 punts with a avg of 40.7 yrds. 32 of those had gone inside the 20 and and 41 have been fair caught.

Also his 90.9 percent field-goal accuracy this year is the second best in school history. A school that produced kickers like Justin Tucker and Phil Dawson, just to name two.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Anthony Fera is SUCH a kicker name
Dude is a f**king ass clown. Lived in my dorm freshman year at penn state. He got in fights because he was wasted all the time.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Dude is a f**king ass clown. Lived in my dorm freshman year at penn state. He got in fights because he was wasted all the time.

So, he was a freshman in college? Did he kill anyone? Did he assault a woman? Is he still a drunk?

My freshman year, I got in a fight with a bush (and won) and a wall (and lost). Then I grew up (eventually). Looks like he relocated, grew up, and adjusted. No big deal.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
So, he was a freshman in college? Did he kill anyone? Did he assault a woman? Is he still a drunk?

My freshman year, I got in a fight with a bush (and won) and a wall (and lost). Then I grew up (eventually). Looks like he relocated, grew up, and adjusted. No big deal.

This.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I saw him call someone a n****r, call our RA a "paki" and throw a glass beer bottle at someone outside of a McDonalds. Just saying
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home