There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colt Lyerla worth a late round pick?

I would burn a 5th rounder on this guy. People have to understand that we no longer need bodies. With our depth and number of picks the only way we can actually improve with our 5-7th round selections is by taking high risk/reward players that are capable of making the team. We would be extremely hard pressed to find someone in the 5th round or later with the skillset to make our team that didn't fall due to character or medical red flags. I would be estatic if we ended up with Dominique Easley, Aaron Colvin, and Colt Lyerla, all starting caliber players that can be had on potentially Day 3.
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Bowman had some drug possesion problems. Look at him now. Get Lyerla we need our H-back for the future.

Yes, because smoking weed is the same as doing coke and quitting on your team.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
is he the gay guy? do not want

What a biggot comment! Hes not the "gay guy" but I would take any player who has talent
No felons or coke fiends. Pass.
Its funny how 90% of the post's on here are claiming that we don't want any coke heads or people who get into problems with the cops.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Tarrell Brown
4. Carlos Rogers
5. Lamichael James (i actually watched him beat his girlfriend)
6. Michael Crabtree
7. Anquan Boldin
8. Alex Boone
9. Ahmad Brooks

That is 9 current 49er players who have had problems with drugs, but I forgot all of you know that already.

Good thing we didn't take a chance on them, huh?
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Its funny how 90% of the post's on here are claiming that we don't want any coke heads or people who get into problems with the cops.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Navarro Bowman
3. Tarrell Brown
4. Carlos Rogers
5. Lamichael James (i actually watched him beat his girlfriend)
6. Michael Crabtree
7. Anquan Boldin
8. Alex Boone
9. Ahmad Brooks

That is 9 current 49er players who have had problems with drugs, but I forgot all of you know that already.

Good thing we didn't take a chance on them, huh?

Not a single one was/is a conspiracy theory nutjob, bipolar wackadoo and cocaine fiend who completely bailed on his team, just plain quit, basically said f**k you all like Lyerla. This guy right now is more likely to be in a strait jacket three years from now than he is an All Pro. Anything more than a 7th rounder is risking too much.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not a single one was/is a conspiracy theory nutjob, bipolar wackadoo and cocaine fiend who completely bailed on his team, just plain quit, basically said f**k you all.

I actually was involved in that situation, and i can tell you that is how the media portrayed it.
Colt is not like that at all.
Hopefully Harbaugh sees that and they draft this guy.

It wasn't so much that he quit on his team either, he was asked to leave by a head coach who was looking to gain control of his team. Not saying it wasn't Colt's fault but if it was up to him, he would be a duck.
I actually was involved in that situation, and i can tell you that is how the media portrayed it.

It wasn't so much that he quit on his team either, he was asked to leave by a head coach who was looking to gain control of his team. Not saying it wasn't Colt's fault but if it was up to him, he would be a duck.

Sounds legit.
Anything other than a 7th rounder on this kid and you're playing Russian roulette.

Yeah we have plenty of picks but we can use them on good players who are dealing with injury issues or lesser known guys who have some potential.

Guys like this usually go undrafted. Da'Rick Rogers last year was considered by many to be a 1st round level talent and some claimed he was the most talented guy in the draft but he had all his off the field issues and went undrafted. That was even after he played very well the previous season. Colt didn't play that great before his suspension.

I'd be surprised if someone took him before the 7th. Would actually be kind of surprised if he was even drafted.
Sounds legit.

Thanks!
Not a single one was/is a conspiracy theory nutjob, bipolar wackadoo and cocaine fiend who completely bailed on his team, just plain quit, basically said f**k you all.

Don't you think you're a little biased then? On a personal level, I hope the guy gets his life right. But without being as close to the situation as you claim to be, I'd steer clear of him or take a low-risk 7th round flyer on him.
  • pfizz
the question marks with this kid arent on the field but off. if he can turn around his life he will be a BEAST on the field. i can see pete carroll grabbing him, "nurturing" him back to health and he becomes a stud on the field.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM ]

Watch this Colt is a beast
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:

Watch this Colt is a beast

Nobody is questioning his talent.
Is it a fact that he had a coke problem or was he just caught with it? Just cause you are caught with blow doesnt mean he does it all time