There are 147 users in the forums

2014 Mock Pre-Combine

2014 Mock Draft 49ers

Heres my mock that I believe touches on most of the team needs. The main things I could see happening differently from my mock are a specific return man depending on how much they like James, and better OG/OT depth depending how they like Looney, Kilgore, Marquardt etc. Also can see a back up QB targeted higher. Not sure how accurate the projected rounds are for these players but let me know what you think.

1.) Jason Verrett CB TCU Senior

2.) Davante Adams WR Fresno State RS Sophomore

2.) Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois Senior

3.) Martavis Bryant WR Clemson Junior

3.) Marcus Smith DE Lousville Senior

3.) Weston Richburg C Colorado State RS Senior

4.) Jaylen Watkins CB Florida Senior

5.) Justin Ellis DT Louisiana Tech RS Senior

6.) Storm Johnson RB UCF RS Junior

7.) Trey Millard FB Oklahoma Senior

7.) Spencer Long OG Nebraska RS Senior

7.) Jeff Matthews QB Cornell Senior

[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Feb 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM ]
I could be down with a draft like this. Not sure Richburg and Ellis will still be there at those picks and I would probably trade back in round 1 to go for Verrett 5-6 slots and pick up an extra 3rd rd pick and he would probably still be there and if by some chance he was gone there would still be some great CB's we could take instead.
Not a big fan of Davante Adams and don't think he gives us anything different than we already have in terms of WRs. I like Verrett and Watkins a lot, but not sure Jimmie Ward is our kind of safety or fits our style of defense (plays more like a corner than a safety). I like Ward; it's more of a "fit" thing. Love the rest of the picks
Id be happy.
Share 49ersWebzone