LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin Souting Report

Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Yeah not me. Definitely NOT a Laker fan!

But...F*** Benjo if we're talking about size. Colt Lyerla looks NFL ready with range all over the field and he's 6'5" 242lbs. He and Ebron can be drafted as WR's and are both better prospects than Benjamin.

Lyerla is 6'4 with short arms and a coke habit. It's hard to say someone is NFL ready when they barely played last season and have under 600 yards receiving in their career. If you want someone with size and range all over the field, there are Bryant and Janis. I'm not sure about Jordan Matthews yet as his 40 time came as a surprise.

But...F*** Benjo if we're talking about size. Colt Lyerla looks NFL ready with range all over the field and he's 6'5" 242lbs. He and Ebron can be drafted as WR's and are both better prospects than Benjamin.

Lyerla has caught a total of 35 passes throughout his entire college career, give me a break.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Lyerla is 6'4 with short arms and a coke habit. It's hard to say someone is NFL ready when they barely played last season and have under 600 yards receiving in their career. If you want someone with size and range all over the field, there are Bryant and Janis. I'm not sure about Jordan Matthews yet as his 40 time came as a surprise.

According to some on this board they would need a sundial to time Matthews in the 40! It's so funny to see reality rear it's ugly head!
his 40 time wasnt bad. Brandon Marshall and Dez Bryant both ran 4.5 40s. My thing with him would be Does he wanna work, Does he want to get better and improve his craft. Does he have Chris Carters or Jerry Rice work ethic or be Jamarcus Russell work ethic.. If he wants to bust his ass I think he is a guy you cant pass on.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Don't really know too much about Lyerla's personal life, all I'm saying is he's a better player. I like that he plays with nastiness and he's a mismatch for LB's because he can move. Whether he's able to put it all together is unknown, but I do think he has potential. Obviously I'm not very high on Benjamin.

Matthews looks like a freakin' natural out there! Interesting fact about Matthews that I just read on WIki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Matthews), Matthews is related to Jerry Rice! Jordan's mom is Jerry's first cousin. I'd be elated if we drafted him in the 2nd. This years WR class looks promising, but again, I'm not a fan of Benjamin.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lyerla has caught a total of 35 passes throughout his entire college career, give me a break.

Benjamin caught 84 passes, not a huge discrepancy (Josh Gordon caught 43 balls at Baylor). Look, all I'm saying is, I think Lyerla is more NFL ready and has a superior skill set as a pass catcher. This is my opinion.
bump
WTH is a Souting report?
Share 49ersWebzone