LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin Souting Report

Originally posted by jimrat:
Benjamin says he plans to run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and has only 4 percent body fat.

That 4% number is laughable. Looking at him I'd venture to say 8-10% currently, will get a better look when he actually does the various events.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Benjamin says he plans to run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and has only 4 percent body fat.

4 percent bodyfat is laughable, looking at him he appears to be 8-10%, will get a better look when he's actually doing the athletic events.
NOT bigger than Megatron!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
4 percent bodyfat is laughable, looking at him he appears to be 8-10%, will get a better look when he's actually doing the athletic events.

Of course it is, but there is value in comparing the numbers to the other prospects'. He's obviously very lean.

Anyone who's concerned about his weight, desire, or work ethic should read this.

"He cut out fast food from his diet - after saying he'd been addicted to it his first two years - and slimmed himself down to 238 pounds. He stayed on campus during the summer and worked out twice a day. He also dropped his body fat from 15 percent to 8 percent." - See more at: http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1536127#sthash.jJ2wpcNV.dpuf
Originally posted by yoshi:
Probably around 20% in actual fact. This guys work ethic needs to be scrutinized.

Wonder if the teams have thought of that?
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

Huh? They're the same height and Benjamin outweighs him by an inconsequential 4 pounds.

Are you the same Doc Brown who just posted this gem at ClubLakers?

"Draft history has shown that if you draft in the top 4 that you get a star every time and if you draft out of the top 4, well, good luck."
Originally posted by yoshi:
Probably around 20% in actual fact. This guys work ethic needs to be scrutinized.

Dear god. Make it stop. 20% body fat? No, just no. Let's just make things up.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Huh? They're the same height and Benjamin outweighs him by an inconsequential 4 pounds.

Are you the same Doc Brown who just posted this gem at ClubLakers?

"Draft history has shown that if you draft in the top 4 that you get a star every time and if you draft out of the top 4, well, good luck."

Club Lakers? Sorry, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Most sites have Benjamin, a Junior in college, listed at 234lbs. Megatron is an NFL vet and is listed at 236lbs. Megatron IS bigger and stronger and is probably insulted that we're comparing him to a rook who's accomplished nothing so far.

See, look at what you're making me do. Arguing body types on a Saturday morning. Shame on you!

Most sites have Benjamin, a Junior in college, listed at 234lbs. Megatron is an NFL vet and is listed at 236lbs. Megatron IS bigger and stronger and is probably insulted that we're comparing him to a rook who's accomplished nothing so far.

See, look at what you're making me do. Arguing body types on a Saturday morning. Shame on you!

Benjamin just weighed in at 240 at the combine. Megatron weighed in at 239 at his combine. They both measured in at 6'5".

And there's a regular poster on a popular Lakers board with a username identical to yours. Thought you might be one and the same.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Benjamin just weighed in at 240 at the combine. Megatron weighed in at 239 at his combine. They both measured in at 6'5".

And there's a regular poster on a popular Lakers board with a username identical to yours. Thought you might be one and the same.

Yeah not me. Definitely NOT a Laker fan!

But...F*** Benjo if we're talking about size. Colt Lyerla looks NFL ready with range all over the field and he's 6'5" 242lbs. He and Ebron can be drafted as WR's and are both better prospects than Benjamin.

4.59 and 4.53 unofficially.

Want.
He's decent but a little too slow in and out of his breaks for me. I liked Beckhams' 40 time wow!
Yeah not me. Definitely NOT a Laker fan!

But...F*** Benjo if we're talking about size. Colt Lyerla looks NFL ready with range all over the field and he's 6'5" 242lbs. He and Ebron can be drafted as WR's and are both better prospects than Benjamin.

Haha, are you serious?

Lyerla and Ebron are better WR prospects than Benjamin? You've officially gone off the deep end here.

Are you aware of Colt Lyerla's coke habit?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
He's decent but a little too slow in and out of his breaks for me. I liked Beckhams' 40 time wow!

Outside of Calvin Johnson, you aren't going to find a receiver that size who's faster in and out of his breaks. It just comes with the territory. Guys that big take longer to decelerate and accelerate.
  • pfizz
Jon Baldwin ran a better 40 and has almost identical measurables. We already have a big wide receiver who can't run routes and has suspect hands. EASY PASS.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone