There are 194 users in the forums

Kelvin Benjamin Souting Report

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by xcfan:
i can't stomach a starting wr without very good hands.

Well thankfully we will have Crabtree and perhaps Boldin. He won't have to start but he will have great mentoring

Drops are part of the game, so long as a guy can also make big plays. I think we'd be surprised to see who the league leaders are in drops and how they often make up for it:

League leader in drops by year:

2013 - Brandon Marshall (12)
2012 - Jimmy Graham (14)
2011 - Roddy White (14)
2010 - Wes Welker (13)

The % of drops based on number of throw targeted for these guys is anywhere from 7%-10%. That's a lot of dropped passes by percentage, but these guys are playmakers and find ways to make up for it. Hell, Delanie's last year here he dropped around 20% of the passes thrown his way and still found a team that was willing to give him a s**t ton of money....because he's a playmaker.

Love how you just left out 2009!!! Vd Lead the league in drops in 12, he also had 965 yards, 13 Td's his best season.
So yeah Vd drops a lot of passes, he's also a big play maker for us, I'd be fine if the kid turned out like that.

TO had terrible hands, he turned out ok.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Hush with this truth, next you'll say that jerry rice couldn't catch in his rookie season so he should have been cut.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Hush with this truth, next you'll say that jerry rice couldn't catch in his rookie season so he should have been cut.
I'll be very curious to see the 40 times of Benjamin, Robinson and Evans. Not that the 40 is the only measure, but it will be an interesting combine...hope all will be healthy.

Edit--and Matthews!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:45 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I want Benjamin and Cooks in the draft on the WR front.

With Patton as well, in 2 years that could give us a very solid WR group.
I'm waiting for his combine results, especially how he gets off the line and runs the 20 yard thing they do. He kind of drops passes he shouldn't be, that kind of turns me off on him, but then you look at the guy and he's a monster. I mean he dwarves defenders and he's athletic for that size, you can't help but take notice.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
My biggest problem with him are not his hands but his mental lapses. Sometimes he looks like he has no clue what he is supposed to do or whats going on around him.
That stuff scares me away the most. Especially if we are talking about a first round prospect.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by Since07:
Bulk his ass up and turn him into a TE

as a TE he loses what makes him special. He's a good sized TE, but an enormous WR.
Run trip TE have VD strech the field and KB underneath for the jump ball
Really Id want a diffrent WR than this guy but Id be excited if we did get him.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Well thankfully we will have Crabtree and perhaps Boldin. He won't have to start but he will have great mentoring

Drops are part of the game, so long as a guy can also make big plays. I think we'd be surprised to see who the league leaders are in drops and how they often make up for it:

League leader in drops by year:

2013 - Brandon Marshall (12)
2012 - Jimmy Graham (14)
2011 - Roddy White (14)
2010 - Wes Welker (13)

The % of drops based on number of throw targeted for these guys is anywhere from 7%-10%. That's a lot of dropped passes by percentage, but these guys are playmakers and find ways to make up for it. Hell, Delanie's last year here he dropped around 20% of the passes thrown his way and still found a team that was willing to give him a s**t ton of money....because he's a playmaker.

Love how you just left out 2009!!! Vd Lead the league in drops in 12, he also had 965 yards, 13 Td's his best season.
So yeah Vd drops a lot of passes, he's also a big play maker for us, I'd be fine if the kid turned out like that.

Wasn't done on purpose, but that definitely proves my point even further.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is he the gay guy? do not want
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft not named clowney or manziel. Not a big fan of this guy cause he could be a virtual clone of Baldwin, but that potential is pretty damn high. Won't be too mad if we draft him, unless of course we have a chance to draft Lee then I will rage.

Lee dropped like 13% of his targets.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Benjamin says he plans to run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and has only 4 percent body fat.
Not true. Megatron measured out at 6'5" 240 lbs. at the combine and ran a 4.3. He's no bigger than that. And he certainly is not as fast.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Benjamin says he plans to run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and has only 4 percent body fat.

Probably around 20% in actual fact. This guys work ethic needs to be scrutinized.
Share 49ersWebzone