There are 179 users in the forums

what is manziel's nfl future?

what is manziel's nfl future?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
not just short--he's also a little scrawny for the nfl position. he's a sloppy, improv passer, BUT, he makes plays that other good qbs often don't, AND, when he sets his feet and throws with good form, he actually makes some nfl throws. with some refining, i think he can successfully run a nfl offense. this is dependent upon whether he can adapt to and carry out a nfl gameplan within a team's offense. i'd be surprised if he becomes a dominant qb if most of his nfl game is oriented around play-to-play improv. if he can develop a nfl game and just season it with improv here and there, he should be good. but, just running around making plays isn't going to work in the nfl--the speed of his game won't be as fast and frustrating to nfl defenders. at best, he can be a little better than jeff garcia.
[ Edited by xcfan on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM ]
IMO, I think arm strength and measurables will turn some teams off. If I were an NFL GM, no way would I take him in the 1st roud, I'd take James Franklin before him and/or Aaron Murray.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I have no idea.

We are not going to draft him, so I do not really care to use much time thinking about him.

Just hope as many quarterbacks as possible are drafted in the first round.
depends on where he goes obviously. if he goes to cleveland he'll be a bust like everyone else who's gone there
Originally posted by buck:
I have no idea.

We are not going to draft him, so I do not really care to use much time thinking about him.

Just hope as many quarterbacks as possible are drafted in the first round.

So do I. I hope corners/dbs over 6 feet get over drafted as well. Let all of the talented WR and DB prospects fall to us.
would be a pretty big move if st louis took him 2nd overall. watch that happen. watch. calling it. biggest shock of 2014 sports
but he would be a bust there and they would look like idiots
I think he has all the skills needed to be a very good quarterback in the NFL. Yeah he's small but he's been playing against a lot of NFL level talent the last couple years.
I won't be surprised to see him go #1 to Houston. Bill O'Brien could be great for him.
How does he deal with humility? If he goes early expectations will be incredibly high for Johnny Football. Most rookie QB's struggle at first. Especially if they go to a weaker team.

Manziel = Eric Crouch.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM ]
He's come out (not from the closet) and basically said he dares Houston not to draft him #1, like he'll make them regret it forever more if they don't. Just a cocky little SOB.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
He's come out (not from the closet) and basically said he dares Houston not to draft him #1, like he'll make them regret it forever more if they don't. Just a cocky little SOB.

didn't peyton manning say that to the colts too in 1998? or something like that.
Originally posted by lucky_49:

didn't peyton manning say that to the colts too in 1998? or something like that.

Aaron Rodgers said the Niners would be a lot more upset than he would if they passed on him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lucky_49:

LMAO, HELLZ NO he ain't worth the #1 overall pick....go ahead and pick him in the 1st round, good luck with that.

I hope Houston rather give up their draft and say trade for Colin Kaepernick than to draft Manziel with the overall pick.

But big difference though with Manning and Manziel, Manning was a complete QB coming outta college with far less baggage. Arm strength, ultimate pocket passer, 6'5" 230 mearsurables, good head on his shoulders, there's not one thing mentioned I could put a check mark next to Manziels name.
Share 49ersWebzone