LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Ex-Niner Opponent Watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was reading about the upcoming game with the Gints and heard that ex-Niner's center/guard/turnstyle is David Baas and it prompted me to start this thread. Week to week I want to keep an eye on the opposing teams' roster and look for guys that used to be in the 49er system and talk about how much they suck now.

SO....Baas.

I have an incredible homerism generally when it comes to players on the 49ers roster but Baas always seemed soft to me. I know he filled in pretty well last year for Heitmann, but overall this guy's play (as a second round draft pick) was pretty underwhelming. I wasn't sorry to see him off and Goodwin replace that spot. A big part of why the line is succeeding right now has to be from that veteran influence of both he and Snyder in the middle which has helped the two sophomore lineman, Iupati and Davis, really get stronger.

This weekend, and it's not much of a reach here, that the Giants will have zero success running between the tackles and Baas gets at least one sack to his credit.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
I was reading about the upcoming game with the Gints and heard that ex-Niner's center/guard/turnstyle is David Baas and it prompted me to start this thread. Week to week I want to keep an eye on the opposing teams' roster and look for guys that used to be in the 49er system and talk about how much they suck now.

SO....Baas.

I have an incredible homerism generally when it comes to players on the 49ers roster but Baas always seemed soft to me. I know he filled in pretty well last year for Heitmann, but overall this guy's play (as a second round draft pick) was pretty underwhelming. I wasn't sorry to see him off and Goodwin replace that spot. A big part of why the line is succeeding right now has to be from that veteran influence of both he and Snyder in the middle which has helped the two sophomore lineman, Iupati and Davis, really get stronger.

This weekend, and it's not much of a reach here, that the Giants will have zero success running between the tackles and Baas gets at least one sack to his credit.

Baas is SOFT. LLOYD BANKS STYLE!!

lol this is how i remember baas
[ Edited by stunder49 on Nov 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Soap is going to wash his mouth out with some shut the f**k up punch.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Soap is going to wash his mouth out with some shut the f**k up punch.
Originally posted by Chief:
Soap is going to punch his forehead back in with some shut the f**k up punch.
Fixed
I read the article and the only thing that surprised me was the fact that he could actually write. Seemed like the dumbest guy on the line.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Baas was interviewed today by CSN:
Matt Maiocco: are you looking forward to facing off against your old team?
D.Baas: Can I tend the rabbits George?
Share 49ersWebzone