There are 184 users in the forums

What player would you like to trade draft picks for this year?

We got a steal when we got boldin for a 6th round pick last year. I've seen some mocks that have LMJ traded away for draft picks and others that have J martin brought in for late round picks.

What trade would you like to happen that isn't so realistic?

What trade would you like to happen that is?

The trade I would love to see that isn't realistic would be trading Rogers and a couple high draft picks away to Arizona for Patrick Peterson. Now obviously this won't happen, but if we had a true #1 shut down corner like him to go along with culliver, brock, and either a draft pick or brown that would give us 1 of the best units in the game.

The trade I would like to see that is a little more realistic would be amini silatolu from Carolina. I believe he could be brought in relatively cheap. It would probably cost us a 4th/5th plus a 6th/7th. Now this kid struggled in Carolina his 1st year and is also coming off an acl injury. He would give us an insurance policy at guard. In the next couple of years we're going to lose either boone or Iupati. He's not as good as either player but he's a hell of a lot better than Looney, I have no faith in Looney. We could lose Iupati and not have that big off a drop off at guard. He's a bit smaller and weaker than Iupati but the kid has a mean streak to him. I went to high school with him and have played against him. So naturally I've followed him through college and in the pros.

Like many posters I wouldn't mind seeing LMJ traded away for a draft pick. With Lattimore in the mix, RB is too crowded. I also would like to see C rogers traded away for some picks if any team is dumb enough to take on his contract.
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
We got a steal when we got boldin for a 6th round pick last year. I've seen some mocks that have LMJ traded away for draft picks and others that have J martin brought in for late round picks.

The trade I would love to see that isn't realistic would be trading Rogers and a couple high draft picks away to Arizona for Patrick Peterson. Now obviously this won't happen, but if we had a true #1 shut down corner like him to go along with culliver, brock, and either a draft pick or brown that would give us 1 of the best units in the game.

The trade I would like to see that is a little more realistic would be amini silatolu from Carolina. I believe he could be brought in relatively cheap. It would probably cost us a 4th/5th plus a 6th/7th. Now this kid struggled in Carolina his 1st year and is also coming off an acl injury. He would give us an insurance policy at guard. In the next couple of years we're going to lose either boone or Iupati. He's not as good as either player but he's a hell of a lot better than Looney, I have no faith in Looney. We could lose Iupati and not have that big off a drop off at guard. He's a bit smaller and weaker than Iupati but the kid has a mean streak to him. I went to high school with him and have played against him. So naturally I've followed him through college and in the pros.

Like many posters I wouldn't mind seeing LMJ traded away for a draft pick. With Lattimore in the mix, RB is too crowded. I also would like to see C rogers traded away for some picks if any team is dumb enough to take on his contract.

can't really answer this since we truly don't know who's on the market. Trading for Silatolu IMO doesn't make sense right now, why trade for a 2nd round pick's contract that's in it's 2nd year, coming off a major injury that made him struggle? Nobody is going to take on Rogers' contract, he's going to be released in June, book it, as for LMJ, I've ranted enough about how he's underutilized & his performance as a PR/KR very underrated, check the LMJ thread in NT if you want, basically he ranked as the #4 overall PR & KR last year & avg 4.9 YPC in limited reps & did very well in 2012 when Hunter went down, trading him makes no sense with Gore getting older & Lattimore's injury history.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:

can't really answer this since we truly don't know who's on the market. Trading for Silatolu IMO doesn't make sense right now, why trade for a 2nd round pick's contract that's in it's 2nd year, coming off a major injury that made him struggle? Nobody is going to take on Rogers' contract, he's going to be released in June, book it, as for LMJ, I've ranted enough about how he's underutilized & his performance as a PR/KR very underrated, check the LMJ thread in NT if you want, basically he ranked as the #4 overall PR & KR last year & avg 4.9 YPC in limited reps & did very well in 2012 when Hunter went down, trading him makes no sense with Gore getting older & Lattimore's injury history.

I have no idea who is on the trade market either. I was just saying what my preference would be. I think resigning him when the time comes would be a lot cheaper than it would be for Iupati. He's not an All-Pro type of player like Iupati is, but he is still pretty good.

I agree that it is unlikely anyone would trade for rogers but it could happen. Getting a future late round pick would be ideal. Still like I said I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do that.

I don't think LMJ is a bad player, I think he is better in the return game than a lot of posters think he is, but he def wasn't worth taking in the 2nd round. I think it would be nice to get a late draft pick or 2 and get a better returner. He's only going to slide down the depth chart as well with lattimore coming back.

Who would you like to see the 49ers trade for? Josh Gordon like every other poster? lol
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Feb 16, 2014 at 6:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone