LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

Bashaud Breeland is just like the Jeffersons, moving on up.

Originally posted by pd24:
Arm length?

31 3/4, a little above average.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He checked in at 5'11" and 197, so good height/build heading into the NFL.

Yeah I was good with the height and weight I just meant he was a tiny bit smaller than Culliver who is good size. Might have come off as he wasn't big or tall enough. While I got you if you see this what are your thoughts on Chris Davis? Does the 0 INTs scare you away or is he someone you would consider in say the 4th round as a 2nd CB in our draft? Thanks in advance.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah I was good with the height and weight I just meant he was a tiny bit smaller than Culliver who is good size. Might have come off as he wasn't big or tall enough. While I got you if you see this what are your thoughts on Chris Davis? Does the 0 INTs scare you away or is he someone you would consider in say the 4th round as a 2nd CB in our draft? Thanks in advance.

I think he's pretty underrated, could be a nice long-term prospect to develop, similar to Brock but with more upside. He does have to improve in terms of his open field tackling, he gets criticized a lot for taking bad angles and not wrapping up properly, he has potential especially as a slot corner.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
31 3/4, a little above average.

Just for perspective, the average arm length for the 59 DBs at the combine this year was 31.37 inches according to my calculations. (I did it twice & got 31.34 & 31.37).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM ]
So Baalke had dinner with this guy after his proday
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
to me, this draft just has much better prospects in the 2nd round. At positions of need too, like WR, C, S

He'll be around in the 3rd.

Does well on press coverage but struggles in off coverage the speed WR just own him

Also got ejected after a head shot to Famous Jameis
Will he be around in the 4th?
Originally posted by xela510:
So Baalke had dinner with this guy after his proday

Then we're definitely not drafting him.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Will he be around in the 4th?

I doubt it. I see him as an early to mid 3rd rounder.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Then we're definitely not drafting him.

baalke went to dinner with Carradine last year if Im not mistaken.
Interesting prospect. Only thing I question is his timed speed. The corners Baalke has chosen in the past have all been 4.4 speed guys. Breeland was timed at 4.62 at the combine, and 4.57 at his pro day.

Here is CBS Draft Scout's take on him. This write up reminds me a little bit of Carlos Rogers:

He is a good-sized athlete who uses his length and aggressive nature well in coverage to blanket and get his hands on the ball, but he tends to be too physical at times and will draw penalties. Breeland, who has a soon-to-be one year old daughter, played mostly off-man in college with good anticipation and eye use to break on the ball, but he lacks elite speed or quick-twitch movements and found himself in trouble when biting on fakes or hesitating for a moment. He is a willing run defender, but needs to be more reliable in this area and do a better job finishing tackles. Breeland needs technique work and time to develop, but his raw cover skills and size project him as an eventual starter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1765886/bashaud-breeland
^From what I was reading he has "Good" speed and can keep up with most Wrs but has VERY "average" acceleration
Originally posted by Since07:
^From what I was reading he has "Good" speed and can keep up with most Wrs but has VERY "average" acceleration

Hmm..not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd rather have a guy with good acceleration, and average speed.

Explosive, quick-twitch movements is more important to me than track speed. If Breeland is that kind of athlete despite his slow 40, I'd be ok drafting him.
Share 49ersWebzone