There are 186 users in the forums

Draft prospect CB/WR metrics

Thought that these were interesting reads, very insightful and informative.

Note: The articles explain these graphs(and other graphs) more thoroughly. I suggest you read them.

Tier 1 CB's: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46190/349/peshek-cb-metrics-10

Tier 2 CB's: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46242/351/peshek-cb-metrics-20

Tier 1 WR's: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46006/349/peshek-top-4-wr-metrics

Tier 2 WR's: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46136/349/out-of-the-box

[ Edited by Timdiz on Feb 14, 2014 at 12:48 AM ]
Based off of those numbers at the wr position even though we might bring Anquan Bolden back I would target Beckham, Evans or Benjamin based on the need at the position we need down field threats and you might want to add Cooks in there as well. All the others you can drop off my wish list.
Benjamin as a tier 1 WR ....Matthews as a tier 1 WR ...I guess hardwork N proven urself yr after yr meanz nothin as long as ur 6'5 235 slow frankenstein lookin fool ...
This is EXACTLY why I think Kyle Fuller needs to be our targeted CB in the draft. Forget trading to the top of the draft for Dennard or Gilbert. I think Fuller is way overlooked. Him coming to us at the bottom of the first is a great value pick imo. He always had a hand on the ball this year.
Originally posted by loyalniner:
This is EXACTLY why I think Kyle Fuller needs to be our targeted CB in the draft. Forget trading to the top of the draft for Dennard or Gilbert. I think Fuller is way overlooked. Him coming to us at the bottom of the first is a great value pick imo. He always had a hand on the ball this year.

Couldn't agree with you more
Originally posted by horusking:
Based off of those numbers at the wr position even though we might bring Anquan Bolden back I would target Beckham, Evans or Benjamin based on the need at the position we need down field threats and you might want to add Cooks in there as well. All the others you can drop off my wish list.

Hopefully they 49ers will take all this into account on deciding which WR's fit what we need to do. There is always the chance that a team didn't use a player properly in college as well but this surely gives the scouts some indicators.
Originally posted by Timdiz:
Originally posted by loyalniner:

Couldn't agree with you more

I seen Fuller rated as the #2 CB prospect in the entire draft on withthefirstpick.com http://withthefirstpick.com/2014/02/08/nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-ben-natans-top-10-corners/
Looks like Evans, Cooks and Robinson are the most balanced overall throughout the "route tree" which doesn't really help when all Kap wants to do is throw 40-yd frozen ropes. Of course I'm sure there's a lot of variables that go into these metric stats than just a blanket statement about some player so maybe my head is you-know-where.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Looks like Evans, Cooks and Robinson are the most balanced overall throughout the "route tree" which doesn't really help when all Kap wants to do is throw 40-yd frozen ropes. Of course I'm sure there's a lot of variables that go into these metric stats than just a blanket statement about some player so maybe my head is you-know-where.

All good we have enough guys who can run the route tree and the crabtree boldin both can run screens. What we lack and what we need is a big redzone and a guy who can go 20+ yards and win a jump ball, aka Kelvin Benjamin come on down... But it's Trent and im sure it will be some dude that we've never even heard of before...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Benjamin as a tier 1 WR ....Matthews as a tier 1 WR ...I guess hardwork N proven urself yr after yr meanz nothin as long as ur 6'5 235 slow frankenstein lookin fool ...

Yes, because Kelvin Benjamin didn't work hard. Now I'll use smileys to convey my point since you might be a 13-year-old girl:

Matthews caught 45.83% of his passes on screens. Benjamin caught 25% of his 20 or more yards down the field. Do I need to further explain the significance of this?

We champions now.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:47 AM ]

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Yes, because Kelvin Benjamin didn't work hard. Now I'll use smileys to convey my point since you might be a 13-year-old girl:

Matthews caught 45.83% of his passes on screens. Benjamin caught 25% of his 20 or more yards down the field. Do I need to further explain the significance of this?

We champions now.

I totally agree. Benjamin is a big guy who needs to work on drops, but has frame and skill not many others do. He's got the deep speed (once in stride) and is the red zone target we need. Red zone passing has needed work for 3 plus years- time to fix that. I'd rather not have a 3 rd year end with a pass to Crabtree in the end zone.

That's why I like him most - not just speed but size as well. I like Beckham also, but like the skill set and clutch factor of Benjamin!
Kelvin Benjamin will be our Larry Fitzgerald. He is big game tested just like Crabtree was I believe this is who we get. Balke and Company will fix our secondary in free agency and pick up depth in the later rounds imagine Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, and Benjamin on the field who you gonna double? Also it will open things up for Patton and Mc Donald to having good years! Plus with that group of recievers it will only make our run game that much better!
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Matthews lacks any elite traits. Not sure if you've noticed, but the NFL is a league for physically dominant players. It's not all about college production, and sometimes, elite physical abilities (Aldon Smith, Calvin Johnson, Richard Sherman, JJ Watt, etc.) matter a lot.
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
Kelvin Benjamin will be our Larry Fitzgerald. He is big game tested just like Crabtree was I believe this is who we get. Balke and Company will fix our secondary in free agency and pick up depth in the later rounds imagine Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, and Benjamin on the field who you gonna double? Also it will open things up for Patton and Mc Donald to having good years! Plus with that group of recievers it will only make our run game that much better!
9ers need to draft 2 WRs, looking at the future spot of wr,this is a very deep class of WRs and why not stock up now and not be looking to draft a WR next few years.Just something to think about.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
9ers need to draft 2 WRs, looking at the future spot of wr,this is a very deep class of WRs and why not stock up now and not be looking to draft a WR next few years.Just something to think about.

We can pick up multiple WRs good ones too, to get Benjamin you give up a 1st and 3rd to move up to 18-20 range we can also move up in the 2nd with a 2 and a 4 and get Cooks or even Matthews/Moncrief. We own this Draft and will get difference makers.
Share 49ersWebzone