There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sammy Watkins- what would it take to move up?

• pfizz
it would take giving up all of our picks(5 picks in total) for the first 3 rounds of the draft. check out a draft value chart.
Does any one here think Roman and Harbaugh would know how to fully utilize Watkins? there very stubborn and at times look clueless on how to get production out of players I'm afraid honestly to give a lot to move up and get him and him never playing or helping us cause the coaches don't know what to do with him so in that case i would rather not draft him he would cost to many picks and might sit on the bench or put up pedestrian numbers due to our offensive philosophy.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Does any one here think Roman and Harbaugh would know how to fully utilize Watkins? there very stubborn and at times look clueless on how to get production out of players I'm afraid honestly to give a lot to move up and get him and him never playing or helping us cause the coaches don't know what to do with him so in that case i would rather not draft him he would cost to many picks and might sit on the bench or put up pedestrian numbers due to our offensive philosophy.

Yes, I do, despite the received wisdom of the Webzone. I wouldn't want to throw away so many draft picks though.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Raul98:

Yes, I do, despite the received wisdom of the Webzone. I wouldn't want to throw away so many draft picks though.
I agree with your 2nd point about the draft picks we have some holes to fill cant give up to much on one guy. The Roman part i want to believe the offense will be different this year i hope it is because this offensive game plan keeps getting us close but not close enough.
I don't get the love for this guy. Sammy is 6'1, Richard S is going to mug this midget. Rather keep the entire draft so we can also address the back half of the defense. And get what we really need a big tall still fast wr for redzone, and running the go route, Kelvin Benjamin come on down sir.
sammy watkins wud be worth every pick we need to trade. not only can he return kicksd hes the best an MOST READY wr in the draft. we dont have time or the cooaches to get a wr who we can develop to have an impact in A season or 2. we need a impact player now an he is it.i would say marquise lee but i think hed get injured and sammy played better defenses at clemson. we are the deepest team in the league we can still maintain our needs being down a few picks from our already surplus of picks
plus to the guy above. why the hell would richard sherman be covering a rookie if you got anquan boldin and michael crabtree on the field with him. not to mention VD. just imagine those 4 receivers on one play.....
Originally posted by iLL49er:
He's the only player that is a complete game changer in this draft offensively...

he's probably going to go top 5-7 picks

what does it take to move up that far? this is what the falcons gave up to move up for Julio Jones who as we all know has been a game changer for the falcons and matt ryan

They surrendered their own first-round pick (27), a second-rounder (59) and a fourth-rounder (124) this year, plus a first-rounder and a fourth-rounder next year to move up from 27th pick to 6th pick to get Julio.

They normally say 2 2nd rd picks this year equate to a 1st rd pick in following year.

Would you give up #30 and our 2 2nd rd picks plus a 4th rd pick to move up for Sammy Watkins?

That'd leave us with 2 3rd rd picks and possibly another 3rd rd pick as compensatory

Tough to say. I think Sammy Watkins may end going later than predicted in a draft heavy with WR's. If a team has multiple needs they will not hesitate to move back. A team like the Raiders. However, I think the Rams have so many picks and few holes that I would be surprised if they let Sammy Watkins pass them by.
I would draft Marquis Lee, who might be the better player. People forget about what a healthy Lee can do.

Marquis Lee 2012: 13 games: 118 Receptions 1700 yards 14 touchdowns.

*shared the ball w/Robert Woods, 76 receptions

Sammy Watkins 2013: 13 games: 101 Receptions 1400 yards 13 touchdowns

*shared the ball w/Martavius Bryant, 42 receptions
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I would draft Marquis Lee, who might be the better player. People forget about what a healthy Lee can do.

Marquis Lee 2012: 13 games: 118 Receptions 1700 yards 14 touchdowns.

*shared the ball w/Robert Woods, 76 receptions

Sammy Watkins 2013: 13 games: 101 Receptions 1400 yards 13 touchdowns

*shared the ball w/Martavius Bryant, 42 receptions
And
Adam Humphries JR WR 41 483 11.78 2
Originally posted by solidg2000:
And

Want me to put in ever receiver on USC in 2012?

Point I'm trying to make is that Marquise Lee had to play/share the ball with a LEGITIMATE stud in Robert Woods (40 rec, 582 yards in rookie season w/EJ Manuel or Toole throwing him the ball) and still on paper outperformed Sammy Watkins in 2013 who did not have the caliber of players to share the ball with.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
And

Want me to put in ever receiver on USC in 2012?

Point I'm trying to make is that Marquise Lee had to play/share the ball with a LEGITIMATE stud in Robert Woods (40 rec, 582 yards in rookie season w/EJ Manuel or Toole throwing him the ball) and still on paper outperformed Sammy Watkins in 2013 who did not have the caliber of players to share the ball with.

Deandre Hopkins strongly disagrees with this
Originally posted by strickac:
Deandre Hopkins strongly disagrees with this

Deandre Hopkins did not play with Watkins this year. Which supports my point.

Robert Woods and Marquis Lee: Marquise Lee outshined Robert Woods

Deandre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins: Deandre Hopkins outshined Sammy Watkins
Here's a wild idea on how to draft Sammy Watkins. The Raiders actually have to spend a lot of money to get up to the cap minimum and draft picks don't count for big money against the cap - so - trade Crabtree to the raiders. Plus a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. Raiders then give Crabs big money extension. 9ers get Watkins on rookie deal for 4 years and option year. I don't think we are going to pay Crabtree the kind of money he will want (see rookie holdout) so this trade leaves us getting younger and cheaper with a top five talent. Make this deal on draft day to make sure Watkins is available.
I think you will make a lot of people pissed!!! But good thinking on this! How disfunctional they are dangle 2 draft picks to move up to there 5th pick and see if they bite.