LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

the 49ers surprise trade-up pick

Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Give Up our #30 and #56 and #77 and a 3rd next year in the 2015 Draft to get to Sammy Watkins if he somehow falls passed the top 8 Players. We'd still have Watkins, #61, #94,#125, 5th,6th,7th,7th,7th.

Totally unrealistic. We run the ball 65% of the time and rarely use more than 2 WR. We could draft 4 quality players at positions we need and use more.

Maybe we'd throw more if we had recievers who could get separation like the way Watkins can create his own space. that is uncoachable. You either have it or you don't and by the indications I've seen of Watkins in college, he has it. That is whats been Ailing this 49er team for 3 straight years!!! No WR besides a pre-Achilles crab can create his own sepration. VD is a TE. I would aggressively try and move up for Watkins if he slips to say 9 or 10 in the 1st round.
I hope we move up to #15 and take Mike Evans
Do whatever we have to do to walk away from this draft with Watkins and Ha'ha
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

No! We don't need that kind of receiver! He doesn't have the speed to burn a physical defense like Seattle's. We already have enough possession receivers that can't create much separation! We need a fast receiver like Lee, Beckham, or Cooks that will run circles around them and tire them out like Hilton did! I especially hope we don't move up for a guy like this because we would be blowing more than a first round pick!
I'm guessing if we trade up it could be for another first (combination of 2nd and 3rds) to plug holes and get the immediate help we need.

Correct me if I'm wrong (not 100% certain) but 1st rounders receive 5 year deals as opposed to 4 year deals in other rounds. I think organization might evaluate this more closely this year as we start to look for ways to work the cap in the long run.

My vote would be for a trade up to grab Benjamin and CB like Gilbert. Too early to give definitive thoughts though.
Its going to depend on which prospect falls a bit and gets to the late teens and early 20s. Gilbert, Dennard, or Lee could fit into this scenario.
How about HA HA CLINTON DIX?

gives fangio what he's always coveted, 2 safeties that are inter-changeable. Dix and Reid would cover a ton of field, we wouldn't have a liability back there in pass coverage at safety any more and both these guys can lay the wood

dare we try to copy the Kam/Earl formula of seattle.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I could see us moving up like last year in the late teens and moving back and forth in rounds 2 to 5 to get some picks for next year. I think we will build a ton of depth with this draft and set up a few picks for next year.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
How about HA HA CLINTON DIX?

gives fangio what he's always coveted, 2 safeties that are inter-changeable. Dix and Reid would cover a ton of field, we wouldn't have a liability back there in pass coverage at safety any more and both these guys can lay the wood

dare we try to copy the Kam/Earl formula of seattle.

This trade makes the most sense. I can't see us virtually giving up our draft for A receiver. Even if it is Sammy Watkins. Atlanta sure could use those draft picks they gave up to get Julio Jones.
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

No! We don't need that kind of receiver! He doesn't have the speed to burn a physical defense like Seattle's. We already have enough possession receivers that can't create much separation! We need a fast receiver like Lee, Beckham, or Cooks that will run circles around them and tire them out like Hilton did! I especially hope we don't move up for a guy like this because we would be blowing more than a first round pick!

I agree with this..id like either of the 3..Lee and Beckham can return kicks..not sure about Cooks..would love to trade up in the 1st 2 rounds for Gilbert and Beckham

Give Up our #30 and #56 and #77 and a 3rd next year in the 2015 Draft to get to Sammy Watkins if he somehow falls passed the top 8 Players. We'd still have Watkins, #61, #94,#125, 5th,6th,7th,7th,7th.

Totally unrealistic. We run the ball 65% of the time and rarely use more than 2 WR. We could draft 4 quality players at positions we need and use more.
More players, but not a better team.
Originally posted by jrg:
L'Damian Washington

Why, are the 49ers starting a pro-league track team? It certainly wouldn't be to play WR in the NFL, because this guy doesn't have it. He's tall and he's fast, that's about it.

Beyond that, he's extremely limited as a route runner, poor hands, poor body control, uses his body to catch pretty much everything, tall but lanky,
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]

because Crabtree is a free agent next year and there is no guarantee Boldin be back
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

More players, but not a better team.

You sure about that? There will be some pretty good players out there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I seem to recall that we became a much better team with picks in those spots. Not to mention the chance of drafting some 1st round talent (albeit injured) and letting them rehab before bringing them on in 2015.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jrg:
L'Damian Washington

Why, are the 49ers starting a pro-league track team? It certainly wouldn't be to play WR in the NFL, because this guy doesn't have it. He's tall and he's fast, that's about it.

Beyond that, he's extremely limited as a route runner, poor hands, poor body control, uses his body to catch pretty much everything, tall but lanky,

i was going to ask about him bc im not to familiar with him..is he really that limited..?
Share 49ersWebzone