There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Suggestions for slot receiver?????

I agree, Patton did fine. And its all about using your personnel in different packages. We have LMJ sitting on the sidelines the whole time. He could 100% be used even 1/10th of how Saints use Sproles. He should get 3 balls (rec) a game in space to see what he can do.

Drafting a WR #30 means Patton or that pick sits most of the year.

Draft defense and O-line/TE's. Pats have showed 2 dominant TEs with no WRS can be very effective. if Vance is the guy opposite Vernon then so be it.
  • DeUh
Yes Patton did fine. But he also broke his finger and then his foot so there are some durability questions there.
  • DeUh
I think Odell Beckham Jr LSU and TJ Jones Notre Dame could play in the slot. And also hold their own on the outside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9jLfTpukI
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM ]
  • DeUh
Also keep a close eye on Robert Herron Wyoming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-p8u6GJvs
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Quinton Patton

This.

Originally posted by joejet:
I'd like them to use LaMichael James here. He's fast, he's quick, and he's on the team (no draft pick).

Not a bad suggestion either.

There is not shortage of slot guys on this team. We need some real speed guys.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Brandin Cooks
Don't see us drafting a WR in the 1st.

Cooks draft stock is anywhere between late 1st - late 2nd
It would be nice if they gave LMJ a real shot at it. if not trade him.

BUT the apprehension I have is they'd use it once or twice and forget about it. We don't need a slot - especially since we won't use him.

I think we need someone big enough to be able to fight it out w/aggressive corners and fast enough to be the deep threat we've lacked for so long.
Jared Abbrederis is my favorite slot receiver in this draft.

Julian Edelman is also a slot receiver who will be available in free agency.

Wouldn't mind having either of these guys on the team (especially Abbrederis), but I really doubt we go after a slot guy.
I agree with Dehu. I love Herron, Beckham, and Jones a lot. Also Patton is fine by me. And like most say, we dont use 3 WR sets, usually its 2 WR, 2 TE or 1 TE. Any rookie who is drafted, unless it's sammy watkins, will sit IMO. And then fans will blast the pick, ala Jenkins pick. So I wouldn't be mad at a 1st rd WR, but I think a CB or SS is better, but no SS is worth a 1st rd pick IMO at this time.

CB wise, Dennard and Gilbert are my 2 1st rd CBs.
I agree with all your points about using what we already have in Patton and LMJ and the points about not being to stretch the field I'm just curious on who is out there in the draft or free agency that could possibly fill that role if we where to use it in our offense i am dying for a Wes Welker type in our offense but that's just me i don't know how Niner brass feels about it. I like to do re search weeks before the draft on several players and positions so i know who to look for on draft day i have some players to re search now from these posts.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I agree with Dehu. I love Herron, Beckham, and Jones a lot. Also Patton is fine by me. And like most say, we dont use 3 WR sets, usually its 2 WR, 2 TE or 1 TE. Any rookie who is drafted, unless it's sammy watkins, will sit IMO. And then fans will blast the pick, ala Jenkins pick. So I wouldn't be mad at a 1st rd WR, but I think a CB or SS is better, but no SS is worth a 1st rd pick IMO at this time.

CB wise, Dennard and Gilbert are my 2 1st rd CBs.

This is why I'm entertaining the idea of trading down. I would love either Gilbert or Dennard but I doubt the one or two corners will be sitting there at 30 unless we trade up, and even then, I'm only willing to give up one pick (no higher than a third) to move to get them. It may be enough, but who knows. With that said, we'd probably get more value trading out and picking up a 2nd and extra an 3rd or a 2nd + 4th + late pick. We could still get a quality DB as well as receivers.

I don't know what is the deal with Eric Wright, but if they do resign him, that pushes the urgency to draft a corner a little lower. It shouldn't be too much to get him for a 1 or 2 year deal as well. If we can pull that off than we can just take the teammates (Beckham and Landry) with our second round picks, and still have another second to pick up a good safety without reaching.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM ]
QP
the draft I like Brandon cooks and odell beckham. and for free agency I like Julian edelman
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by Tslope90:
De'anthony Thomas

I looked him up and there's already a article on how the Vikings should draft him Norv Turner is a good coordinator he would know how to use him Roman i don't have the same faith in. I really think we need a Tavon Austin type player on this team who can just burn you for yards underneath.
You realize Thomas and Austin are essentially the same type of player. You can throw Dri Archer in this conversation too.
Already on the team- Daniel Kilgore
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM ]