dp

I wouldnt mind getting those 2 receivers
Sorry
Don't agree with anything
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
A 6th for a 4th ??? We pick at the end of the 4th. I think by that time Demarcus Lawrence will be gone. So i have us use our 6th to go up in that round. That of course includes OUR 4th plus the 6th lol. We dont really have depth at OLB. Demarcus Lawrence is better than Skuta in my eyes. And if there weren´t so many good underclass wr and cb in this draft Lawrence would go much higher.
This is just the draft. I just included the Undrafted Free Agents to show players who i like as 49ers who wont be drafted.Will post the free agency mock in a few days. I think Whitner will play for us next season.

Dude, don't worry about tad's comments. He basically sh!ts on everyone who doesn't say the exact thing as him. I understood your trades when I read them, and the value is fine. Baalke often moves back to get future picks, then either makes a value pick, trades back again, or trades out of the pick for an earlier round pick in the next draft. You're doing fine.

I like Cooks, but I am still not sure about him as a 1st rounder. Plenty of time for me to be proven wrong.

I don't like Matthews at all, and would prefer Robinson if he falls, or Adams or Moncrief around our actual 2 (maybe 3 for Moncrief, if he doesn't blow up the combine).

I think we let Whitner walk, and I think we'll be just fine doing so. We (as fans) tend to overvalue our own FA (Soap and RJF)

I agree with others that we probably draft a QB somewhere, at least for competition or camp arm.

That's all personal preference stuff, though, and it's early in draft season. Good work man. Thanks for your contribution.
Let walk:
- Anquan Boldin WR- He only led the team in receptions, CK7's go to receiver. I would sign to 2 year deal
- Kassim Osgood WR- ST beast. please re sign to cap friendly deal
- Mario Manningham WR
- Anthony Dixon RB
- Jonathan Goodwin C
- Tarell Brown CB- would re sign if cap freindly
- Perrish Cox CB- can return kicks, punts, and play nickel and dime
- Colt McCoy QB
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177126-mock-2014-draft-free-agency/#mvyIFCIDpdWGw9yI.99

The Niners NEED Boldin to be a legitimate SB contender. They are in win now mode which means keeping aging players like Boldin, Gore et al for a year probablyt oo long.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM ]
Adding the free agency clarified things quite a bit. I'd be surprised if the Niners don't trade up again for a target prospect in the first round. Probably for a corner or a WR. I think we all want Carlos gone with his 6per year price tag. I'd like to see us grab Boyd in the third and grab some interior Oline depth later.
Interesting mock. Wouldn't be the worst thing if it went down this way. I think the 49ers may go for a DT or OL earlier than you project. The OLB pick is interesting because we have the 4 best starting LB's in football and we have Lemonier and Skuta as back up OLB's so is there a roster spot available?
Point by point answer

I dont try to say that the team is better without Boldin. But given the fact he didn´t give Arizona or Baltimore a discount why San Francisco ? You are correct, I never said discount, I think 2 years 12 million. That is not a discount and keeps Boldin around in case Crabtree has diva demands and is gone in a year.

Again i dont think the team would be better without Osgood. He is a vet so a team freindly deal would be around 1 Mil. I know he is a stud on ST. But on ST only. Watch some of Enunwas tape. He is a stud too + had 12 touchdowns last season. Most of them in the red zone. I think osgood is worth 1 million a year. just my opinion

Unless there is no money out there for Brown there is no way he takes less than Brock. And i would not want to sign him for the same contract.

Cooks, Joyner and Williams are all fully capable of returning punts and kicks. Really?? college success equals pro success"??

Also i think there is not such win now mode. For us fans yeah. And for players like Gore too. But not for the front office. If you dont overpay players and draft smart you can be a contender for a long time. See Patriots ! If the niners use the Patriots model, Gore would also be gone. I think the Niners are still in win now mode, they do not have to re do contracts, and their key pro bowlers are under contract. They can win now or they can go into perpetual rebuilding. The Patriots also have Tom Brady which makes everyone better around him, I think or know CK7 does not make his WR's or TE's better, if this was the case 90% of completions would not be to Boldin, Crabtree and VD

PS. And if we are honest and take a close look back at last season and the playoffs. It wasn´t our offense that got us so far. It was our defense and special teams.
So as much as i would love to have him back we don´t NEED Boldin to win a Superbowl next season. The Superbowl will go through Seattle and he was shutdown in all 3 games. Just sayin[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM ] Completely disagree, the defense kept the offense in the game, but the Niners inability to score TD's has kept the Niners from winning a SB in 2012 and going to the SB in 2013. There is no refuting this, the offense needs to improve, and the defense needs to maintain as does ST.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177126-mock-2014-draft-free-agency/page3/#bpIZOxCEAtxOTTHg.99

Originally posted by DeUh:
I dont try to say that the team is better without Boldin. But given the fact he didn´t give Arizona or Baltimore a discount why San Francisco ?

Again i dont think the team would be better without Osgood. He is a vet so a team freindly deal would be around 1 Mil. I know he is a stud on ST. But on ST only. Watch some of Enunwas tape. He is a stud too + had 12 touchdowns last season. Most of them in the red zone.

Unless there is no money out there for Brown there is no way he takes less than Brock. And i would not want to sign him for the same contract.

Cooks, Joyner and Williams are all fully capable of returning punts and kicks.

Also i think there is not such win now mode. For us fans yeah. And for players like Gore too. But not for the front office. If you dont overpay players and draft smart you can be a contender for a long time. See Patriots !

PS. And if we are honest and take a close look back at last season and the playoffs. It wasn´t our offense that got us so far. It was our defense and special teams.
So as much as i would love to have him back we don´t NEED Boldin to win a Superbowl next season. The Superbowl will go through Seattle and he was shutdown in all 3 games. Just sayin

I'd keep Boldin over Whitner, but it seems like we might need to pass on both if we want to keep Kap, Aldon, and Crab. We can roll 2014 cap space into 2015, or use the money to do the extensions now. If Patton develops, and Crab stays healthy, the offense will be ahead of where it was for most of the past season (only one WR option). 100% Crab > than 34-36 yr-old Boldin, IMO. And that might be the choice we have to make in the end. If we get a rookie like Landry, Robinson, Adams, or Moncrief working in the #3 role, they could develop with limited reps through the year to pick up where Boldin left off. If we get a rookie like Beckham, Herron, or Cooks, we could take the offense in a slightly different direction. We'll see what happens
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]