There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1. Mock 2014 Draft + Free Agency

• DeUh
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
mock drafts are a waste until free agency is complete

?
I guess you think we need a wide receiver.
  • DeUh
Updated. Includes Free Agency now.
Given that the 49ers don't do well drafting wr, I don't like drafting one with the first two picks. I know you are just trying to show who you want the 49ers to take. As for who you think is realistic they going to take, until free agency dust clears, no one can say. Even then, with Baalke, you still can't say.

However, I get the game of trying to play gm. Still, I'd rather see peoples projections of who they think are the top picks by position that fit the niners m.o. and their needs. This last year we went saftey and after that picked to fill the gaps in the future and not needs specific. I expect a corner this year since we didn't get one last year and went with what we had and f.a., last years cb position is probably this years wr position.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
mock drafts are a waste until free agency is complete

I agree but its interesting and I think we all agree we enjoy reading other ppls opinions on who they would like to draft and sign to be a niner..tho a lot I read are crazy bc some don't realize we have limited amount of money to spend on free agents bc our core players have to be paid..mostly ppl on other sites tho..like for instance I seen 1 that had us signing Alex Mack..TJ Ward..Emmanuel Sanders..while resigning Terrell Brown and Boldin..lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I agree but its interesting and I think we all agree we enjoy reading other ppls opinions on who they would like to draft and sign to be a niner..tho a lot I read are crazy bc some don't realize we have limited amount of money to spend on free agents bc our core players have to be paid..mostly ppl on other sites tho..like for instance I seen 1 that had us signing Alex Mack..TJ Ward..Emmanuel Sanders..while resigning Terrell Brown and Boldin..lol

Get rid of Carlos and use the money to sign Boldin. Draft a stud CB or if something happens package a big deal if watkins or lee slides (like some rumor of something bad). Draft another safetey.

Although whitner should be cheaper than signing Boldin.
Anquan Boldin is a necessity in our offense you don't replace him with two puds IMHO take him away and you'll just set kaepernick back a year. Q will be even better this year.
I'd take our chances with the FO finding pieces to our secondary ( which they have been great at minus Namdi) then letting them try to find WR's (which they have been terrible at) Q was a gift from John remember that. Tj Ward to replace Whitner get Vontae Davis/Walter Thurmond/ Brandon Browner, for cheap and build wr and cb/ss through the draft. Oh and pick up Toby Gerhart for our Bruce Miller replacement Toby is the type of big back seattle has trouble with stopping. P.s bring Blake Costanzo back.
  • Liono
I'd try to keep Boldin for a reasonable price. But I wouldn't invest in two high priced receivers with a QB that only focuses in on one.

As for Rogers, I'd see if he would take a dramatic pay cut. He'd still be decent depth.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by WildBill:
Given that the 49ers don't do well drafting wr, I don't like drafting one with the first two picks. I know you are just trying to show who you want the 49ers to take. As for who you think is realistic they going to take, until free agency dust clears, no one can say. Even then, with Baalke, you still can't say.

However, I get the game of trying to play gm. Still, I'd rather see peoples projections of who they think are the top picks by position that fit the niners m.o. and their needs. This last year we went saftey and after that picked to fill the gaps in the future and not needs specific. I expect a corner this year since we didn't get one last year and went with what we had and f.a., last years cb position is probably this years wr position.
Yep ! Wanted to post that in a few days. Given it was my first post i just wanted to start with a mock
I´m just a couple of weeks into the draft process so i haven´t watched all the tapes yet etc.
From the tape i´ve watched so far and given what the niners do on offense and defense these are my top players at each position so far.

WR
Odell Beckham Jr 5-11 193 LSU
Brandin Cooks 5-10 186 Oregon State
Jordan Matthews 6-3 209 Vanderbilt
Jarvis Landry 6-9 195 LSU
Allen Robinson 6-3 210 Penn State
TJ Jones 6-0 195 Notre Dame
Quincy Enunwa 6-2 227 Nebraska
Cody Latimer 6-2 215 Indiana
Josh Stewart 5-10 185 Oklahoma State
Tracy Moore 6-1 215 Oklahoma State
Isaiah Burse 5-10 185 Fresno State

RB
Carlos Hyde 6-0 235 Ohio State
Devonta Freeman 5-8 203 Florida State
DJ Adams 5-10 210 Portland State
James White 5-9 206 Wisconsin
Rajion Neal 5-11 211 Texas

FB
JC Copeland 5-11 285 LSU
Trey MIllard 6-2 253 Oklahoma
Chad Abram 5-11 230 Florida State

CB
Justin Gilbert 6-0 200 Oklahoma State
Darqueze Dennard 5-11 197 Michigan State
Jason Verett 5-10 176 TCU
Lamarcus Joyner 5-8 195 Florida State
Bradley Roby 5-11 192 Ohio State
EJ Gaines 5-10 195 MIssouri
Jaylen Watkins 6-0 194 Florida
Bahsaud Breeland 6-0 185 Clemson
Nevin Lawson 5-10 184 Utah State
Ricardo Allen 5-9 187 Purdue
*Aaron Colvin 6-0 186 Oklahoma

S
Hasean Clinton Dix 6-1 208 Alabama
Deone Bucannon 6-1 216 Washington State
Kenny Ladler 6-0 200 Vanderbilt
Christian Bryant 5-10 192 Ohio State
Hakeem Smith 6-0 186 Louisville

D-Line
Kony Ealy 6-5 275 DE/OLB MIssouri
RaShede Hageman 6-6 318 DT/DE MInnesota
Jeremiah Attaochu 6-3 252 OLB Georgia Tech
Dermarcus Lawrence 6-3 245 OLB Boise State
Marcus Smith 6-3 252 OLB Louisville
Chaz Sutton 6-4 263 OLB South Carolina

O-Line
Cyril Richardson 6-5 348 G Baylor
Weston Richburg 6-4 300 C Colorado State
Marcus Martin 6-3 310 C USC
Spencer Long 6-4 315 G Nebraska
Jon Halapio 6-4 320 G Florida
Zach Fulton 6-5 323 G Texas

Have fun
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM ]
  • DeUh
As for Boldin and Whitner.
I would love when Boldin would be back next season. But i don´t see him take less then say 2 y 10 Mil ( 6 Mil guaranteed ). And with all the contracts coming up thats a LOT of money.
At this point i don´t see us replace Whitner without a huge drop off in the secondary. He is the lader back there. Also i think he would come back for lesser money. He really wants to play here and i dont think there is a Goldson like deal out there for him with possible free agents like Byrd, Clemons and Ward.
After seeing:

Let Boldin walk, i didnt read further...
Another poster had one of these last week...multiple trades, cuts, etc. I responded to his, point-by-point. I hope this isn't a trend...because I'll stop reading immediately after "cut Boldin". As for yours, other than Whitner & Dawson, the guys you have the Niners signing are inferior to the ones you'd release, IMHO. That's not a viable mock, at least not for me.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Another poster had one of these last week...multiple trades, cuts, etc. I responded to his, point-by-point. I hope this isn't a trend...because I'll stop reading immediately after "cut Boldin". As for yours, other than Whitner & Dawson, the guys you have the Niners signing are inferior to the ones you'd release, IMHO. That's not a viable mock, at least not for me.
I thin Ej Gaines will be an upgrade over Tarrell Brown and the only reason for me why they let Cox play instead of Wright is because Cox had playoff expirience and Wright wasn´t here all training camp, pre season etc.
I dont think there will be a huge drop off in production with Matthews instead of Boldin. I think its funny how everybody hates on Matthews because of his speed. The only thing this dude did was to produce as the only real wide out threat and no good qb on their team. Sometimes he was triple teamed and he still produced. I dont want Boldin to go. I gives a discount. But i dont think he will. And at 34 with his best season since 2006 hmmmm. I also think scheme wise having Crabtree, Matthews, Cooks and Davis gives us a better chance against Seattle.
Underwood gives us speed should something happen to Cooks and Williams is as good as Patton.
Also watch Enunwas tape. He is just fast, strong and hits like a bullet. I dont see a drop off with him on ST instead of Osggod. Also Enunwas is by far the better reciever !
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM ]
  • DeUh
As to why 2 reciever first then corner.
When i look at the secondary right now we have Brooks and Culliver on the outside. What we need is a nickel corner. Putting Joyner in there instead of Rogers would make the team better from the first snap. EJ Gaines gives us rreally good depth if Culliver isnt back 100 percent or he walks after next year.So to trade up and get Gilbert or Dennard dont makes to me. I dont think Dennard is that much better than Gaines. He gets beat deep a lot.
Only reason to not go reciever first for me is Ealy or Hageman.

Thanks for the input so far !