There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1. Mock 2014 Draft + Free Agency

• DeUh
Hi. A few weeks into the process i feel confident to post this 1. mock.

Free Agency

Let walk:
- Anquan Boldin WR
- Kassim Osgood WR
- Mario Manningham WR
- Anthony Dixon RB
- Jonathan Goodwin C
- Tarell Brown CB
- Perrish Cox CB
- Colt McCoy QB

Cut
- Carlos Rogers CB
- Jon Baldwin WR

Sign
- Donthe Whitner S
- Eric Wright CB
- Phil Dawson K
- Damian Williams WR
- Tiquan Underwood WR
- Willie Colon G
- QB ( Still not sure who )

I have us use one of our 2th rounders + a 3th rounder to trade up and get Matthews and our 4th rounder + 6th rounder to go up and get Lawrence.
Also i have us trade the other 3th rounder a fwe slots back to get a pick for next years draft.

Round 1 Brandin Cooks WR 5-10 186 Oregon State
128 rec, 1730 yds, 16 td. Explosive, crisp routes, tremendous hands, deep threat, dangerous in open space, kick/punt returner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnYcEOHqCk

Round 2 Jordan Matthews WR 6-3 209 Vanderbilt
112 rec, 1477 yds, 7 td. Polished rout runner, can line up anywhere, excellent hand-eye coordination, tough as nails, tremendous work ethic.
- All time leader with 262 rec and 3759 yds in SEC history -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3dD3fgfVms

Round 2 Lamarcus Joyner CB 5-8 190 Florida State
Future nickel corner, furious hitter, ball hawk, very fast, sound in coverage, gives depth at safety, kick / punt returner. With those long arms he checks in at 5-10 as fas as i´m concerned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu77jfo5_eE

Round 3 - Traded back for 3th round 2014 and 4th round 2015 -

Round 3 E.J. Gaines CB 5-10 195 Missouri
Can line up on the outside and in the slot, can play press man and off coverage, fast, sound tackler, extremely physical versus the run. Fits the 49ers to a teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3VzxKn2uAk

Round 3 - Traded to go up in the 2nd round -

Round 4 Demarcus Lawrence 3-4 OLB 6-3 245 Boise State Nonstop high motor pass rusher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUhra41KS0Y

Round 4 ( Compensatory draft pick ) Marcus Martin C 6-3 310 USC
Raw power to create run lanes, shows good balance and feet in pass protection, plays with nastiness, fits right into our offense. Only 3 year player so he needs to be coached up but huge talente.

Round 5 Quincy Enunwa WR 6-2 227 Nebraska
Red-zone target, physical run blocker, crazy hitter, athletic freak, special teams value.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1x1_ej9gQ

Round 6 - Traded to go up in the 4th round -

Round 7 DJ Adams RB 5-10 210 Portland State
Runs with attitude and chip on his shoulder. Vision, cuts, acceleration, physical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IF8QOFWf9c

Round 7 Christian Bryant S 5-10 192 Ohio State
Locker room presence, leader, a raw version of Donte Whitner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcOnsFJ4JyQ

Round 7 Spencer Long OG 6-4 315 Nebraska

UDFA signings so far
- Isaiah Burse WR 5-10 185 Fresno State Punt / kick returner, lot of attitude. Practice squad.
- Chad Abram FB 5-11 230 Florida State Hard hitting bulldozing fullback, can pass protect, threat as a reciever out of the backfield, can play on special teams.
- Zach Fulton G 6-5 323 Tennessee Need coach up in both run blocking and pass protection but has the size and power to fit into 49ers offense.

PS:
Also after watching a few more tapes i kinda like the idea of trading out of the 1. instead of Cooks. And get TJ Jones Notre Dame or Robert Herron Wyoming later.

Have fun to comment !

[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 11, 2014 at 7:05 PM ]
Ur tradez are confusin ... why trade a 5th round pick for a 6th N 7th next yr ????
If Wttner leaves then I'm thinking the Niners will be looking to draft a Safety higher then RD 7. Also, we have zero depth at QB. I'm sure we will take a QB also in this draft. I could say more but on my phone and have little time.
Just my thoughts of course.
I count 1 extra 3rd rounder as the 49ers have two, 3rd rounders this year and an expected Comp pick in the 3rd and 4th, however you have 3-3rd rounders and the comp pick listed as a 4th.

Too confusing. Trying to keep track of all these trades and that extra pick threw me off.
  • DeUh
Thanks for the replys so far !

As it looks right now we have two 3th rounder and two 4th rounder. I have us use the 2nd 3th rounder to get Matthews. I think we can still get EJ Gaines at the end of the 3th or at the starrt of the 4th round right now so i have us trade down a few slots to grab a pick for next year.

Same thing in the 5th round. Right now i think there is more value to trade down and get a extra pick for next year.
Keep in mind our picks are at the end of the rounds !

Will post my free agency mock in a few days. I think when its all said and done there is no way that Whitner won´t play for the 49ers next seaseon.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ur tradez are confusin ... why trade a 5th round pick for a 6th N 7th next yr ????

This ^^^ Usually when dealing for future picks, you trade a 3rd for say a 2nd. We did that with our 4th in 2012 into Carolina's 3rd in 2013, which helped get us Eric Reid.
  • DeUh
Man looking at it right now it does look confusing
  • DeUh
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This ^^^ Usually when dealing for future picks, you trade a 3rd for say a 2nd. We did that with our 4th in 2012 into Carolina's 3rd in 2013, which helped get us Eric Reid.

Edited it so its not so confusing. Haven´t thought to much about the trades at this point. The players in this mock are the most important ! ;)
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Edited it so its not so confusing. Haven�t thought to much about the trades at this point. The players in this mock are the most important ! ;)

Yea who carez about trade realism letz just madden mock draft it from now on. ....
  • DeUh
That wasn´t my point.
I think for the most part these trades are realistic. I used the value chart for them.
My point was the reason i posted this was to discuss the players and the different possibilities the 49ers have in dhis years draft.
  • DeUh
If we would play madden i would take players like Evans, McGill etc
Originally posted by DeUh:
That wasn�t my point.
I think for the most part these trades are realistic. I used the value chart for them.
My point was the reason i posted this was to discuss the players and the different possibilities the 49ers have in dhis years draft.

So a 6th round pick for a 4th round id reslistic h*ll why not just trade a 3rd round for a 1st round or a 1st round for 3 1st round pickz !!!! N as far as ur pickz why draft another OLB in tha 3rd round after draftin 1 last yr ??? Why no rookie QB ??? Think we all agree we'll need N be drafting 1 ... N a S in tha 7th round really whoz starting next to Reid??? Do we really need to draft 3 WRz ????
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Feb 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM ]
  • DeUh
A 6th for a 4th ??? We pick at the end of the 4th. I think by that time Demarcus Lawrence will be gone. So i have us use our 6th to go up in that round. That of course includes OUR 4th plus the 6th lol. We dont really have depth at OLB. Demarcus Lawrence is better than Skuta in my eyes. And if there weren´t so many good underclass wr and cb in this draft Lawrence would go much higher.
This is just the draft. I just included the Undrafted Free Agents to show players who i like as 49ers who wont be drafted.Will post the free agency mock in a few days. I think Whitner will play for us next season.
  • DeUh
And for the WRz. What we currently have is Boldin who had his best season since 2006 and will be 34, Patton who i like a lot but hasn´t proven anything, Osgood who is only a ST player and Crabtree who could be gone after next season. I think we dont need to talk about Manningham and Baldwin
mock drafts are a waste until free agency is complete