There are 251 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's Your Draft Crush?

Offense: Odell Beckham Jr

Defense: Stanley Jean Baptiste
Allen Robinson
Darqueze Dennard
Justin Gilbert

If we draft at least one of those three I'm happy.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by 49ers201:
What about Mike evans and Odell Beckham?? they can also stretch the field and be explosive.

Mike Evans does not stretch the field unless you're referring to a a deep jump ball. I don't think Odell Beckham is particularly explosive either. They are both dynamic in certain ways, but neither could take the top off an NFL defense... I see Mike Evans as a mix between Marques Colston and Vincent Jackson (not as explosive as VJ). For some reason Odell Beckham does not seem NFL fast/explosive to me despite his contributions in YAC and the return game. The only players I see with these traits are Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, Brandin Cooks, and Robert Herron. There are other plays like Dri Archer or Deanthony Thomas which could but are also extremely raw and more likely to be exclusively slot wr's.

I was at the Alabama game where he racked up 279 yards and a TD on 7 receptions. Against Auburn 287 yards 4 TDs on 11 receptions. Yeah, he can't stretch the field at all.

He won't stretch the field against NFL corners.
My entire draft depends on Whitner. If we resign him, then I like Allen Robinson WR penn state. Big, physical, catches well away from body, high-points the ball very well too. Sammy watkins will be long gone but Robinson may not be. Jason Verret, CB TCU, is good too. Great ball skills and physical for his size. But his size is the problem. He's a little small for my liking... If Whitner is NOT resigned, CALVIN PRYOR IS THE F'N MAN!!! Big, physical (his hits are legal guys... Leads with shoulder jus like whitner) people compare him to goldson... But you are dead wrong in doing that. Only comparison to goldson is the dreads. Because his football IQ, ball skills, and range is WAAAAAAY BETTER
Can anybody else imagine Eric Reid and Calvin Pryor as starting safeties? Because I think that combo would give Chancellor and Thomas some competition for best duo in the league
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by 49ers201:
What about Mike evans and Odell Beckham?? they can also stretch the field and be explosive.

Mike Evans does not stretch the field unless you're referring to a a deep jump ball. I don't think Odell Beckham is particularly explosive either. They are both dynamic in certain ways, but neither could take the top off an NFL defense... I see Mike Evans as a mix between Marques Colston and Vincent Jackson (not as explosive as VJ). For some reason Odell Beckham does not seem NFL fast/explosive to me despite his contributions in YAC and the return game. The only players I see with these traits are Sammy Watkins, Marqise Lee, Brandin Cooks, and Robert Herron. There are other plays like Dri Archer or Deanthony Thomas which could but are also extremely raw and more likely to be exclusively slot wr's.

I was at the Alabama game where he racked up 279 yards and a TD on 7 receptions. Against Auburn 287 yards 4 TDs on 11 receptions. Yeah, he can't stretch the field at all.

He won't stretch the field against NFL corners.

Did the rest of your reply get cut off? I missed the part where you give any reasoning.
Mike Evans
Stanley Jean the Baptiste
Robert Herron, Donte Moncrief, Andre Hal and Phillip Gaines.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Robert Herron, Donte Moncrief, Andre Hal and Phillip Gaines.

Yes. Big fan of Philip Gaines. Hope we saw him while scouting McDonald last year.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Robert Herron, Donte Moncrief, Andre Hal and Phillip Gaines.

Yes. Big fan of Philip Gaines. Hope we saw him while scouting McDonald last year.

Originally posted by Ruhl:
Antone Exum. Steal of the draft

Yes! He is one of. I live near VT and a huge fan. watch alot of this kid. He can be a good pro.
This year is so damn hard to choose. I love these receivers and corners!

O: Jared Abbrederis, Donte Moncrief, and Allan Robinson

D: Kyle Fuller and Lamarcus Joyner
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,252
Originally posted by SFrush:
Allen Robinson
Darqueze Dennard
Justin Gilbert

If we draft at least one of those three I'm happy.

If the 9ers drafted one of those three, they could close up shop and give away the rest of their draft picks!!!
Originally posted by Generalwizdom:
Can anybody else imagine Eric Reid and Calvin Pryor as starting safeties? Because I think that combo would give Chancellor and Thomas some competition for best duo in the league

Especially if our corners are allowed to hold like theirs
DAVANTE ADAMS