There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's Your Draft Crush?

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Rascal:
This year I am not too concerned on the WRs or CBs cos there are so many good prospects to be had. I don't think we need any trade-ups to get a Mike Evans, I would be happy with Martavis Bryant or Jordan Matthews. And if we really need another red zone target we can even take a gamble in Brandon Coleman who should be available in the lower rounds. CBs wise, if we can't get Roby, I would be fine with Gilbert and Jean-Baptiste. SS wise, I would like to get Ahmad Dixon if not then Buchanon.

But, if you are talking about "crush", I would love to see both Lache Seastrunk and Dri Archer wearing red and gold and I can't wait to see what they can do on the field right away.

You and seem to be on the same page, Rascal. I hope we're both happy come draft day.

Also, I'll be curious to see what you think once I get the mock I've been working on up.

That's good to hear. This year, I will keep a safe distance from the draft to prevent myself in getting too invested in it just in case of disappointment. Am I confident Baalke will think like us ? If I am being honest, no. But, is there anything wrong with hoping ? Absolutely not. Let's just hope we can be pleasantly surprised.

Will look forward to seeing your mock draft.
Hoping we end up getting a combination of draftable players (those within reach): Brandon Thomas, Weston Richburg, Philip Gaines, Allen Richardson, Crockett Gilmore, Kevin Norwood, Storm Johnson, Jordan Tripp, Jimmie Ward, Jason Verrett, Joel Bittonio. I think the draft is rock solid in the 2-4 rounds.
The way people are forgetting about Louis Nix, he's returning as my draft crush. Getting him at 30 would be stealing.
My favorite players: Watkins, Evans, Dennard, Verrett, Beckham, Cooks, Fuller, Matthews, Easley, Landry.

Mid-Late Round Targets: Ricardo Allen (Compete #6 CB?), Aaron Colvin (IR, Makes Roster 2015?), Aaron Murray (3rd String QB, Future #2),David Fales (3rd String QB, Future #2), Storm Johnson (4th RB?), Gator Hoskins (FB/3rd TE?)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 10, 2014 at 1:10 PM ]
Jarvis Landry
Telvin Smith
Bradley Roby
Jason Verrett
Mike Evans
Brandin Cooks
Stephon Tuitt
Jadeveon Clowney
Mike Evans
Stephon Tuitt
Donte Moncrief
Bruce Ellington
Bruce Ellington
In the first? After Evans is off the board I don't really have one.

Kareem Martin
Bruce Ellington
Colt Lyerla

Chris Davis as a CB 2nd and as a return man first.
[ Edited by Scoots on Apr 27, 2014 at 11:32 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The guy(s) that can/will make an impact like Eric Reid...
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Allen Robinson WR
Kereem Martin DE
Russell Bodine C/G
Calvin Pryor S
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Re-doing my draft crushes in no particular order:

1. Darqueze Dennard
2. Jason Verrett
3. Calvin Pryor
4. Terrence Brooks
5. Marcus Smith
6. Trent Murphy
7. Shane Skov
8. Donte Mocrief
9. Cody Latimer
10. Jordan Matthews
11. Jarvis Landry** ---- Most definitely want as a 9er
12. Robert Herron
13. David Fales
14. Aaron Murray
15. Travis Swanson
16. James White - late rounder RB
17. Tyler Gaffney
18 . Calvin Barnett
19. Beau Allen
20. Justin Ellis
21. Andrew Wilson
22. Preston Brown
23. Jeff Janis
24. Chris Gant - As undrafted rookie FA
25. Keith McGill
26. Stanley Jean-Baptiste
27. Terrance Mitchell
28. Dion Bailey
29. Ed Reynolds
30. Craig Loston

At least ONE of these guys will be a 49er....C'mon!!!
That's a lot of love for one person Kolohe!

I agree on quite a few, but can't join you in your #1 and #2.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Scoots:
That's a lot of love for one person Kolohe!

I agree on quite a few, but can't join you in your #1 and #2.

Nah it's not in any particular order, I could careless where any of these guys are drafted. If they all fell to the 6th and 7th rounds I'd still be happy actually more than happy. Round projection doesn't determine how a player performs in the NFL.
I meant that I don't particularly want Verrett or Dennard, not where you felt they would go.